1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone used Blogitive or PayPerPost?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cldnails, Sep 7, 2006.

I'm interested in hearing what advertisers have to say about PayPerPost.com, Blogitive.com, or other similar marketing methods that I'm not aware of. It would appear that they are successful, based on the publisher side of the program. However, I'm looking at possibly using this as an advertiser.

Any review or thoughts are appreciated.

cldnails, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  2. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Hey! Thanks for the tip on blogitive.com

Are there any more like this out there?

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  3. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These are the only two I'm aware of and currently, as mentioned, I use both as a publisher.

cldnails, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  4. E8MC

E8MC Peon

Best Answers:
    PayPerPost is interesting; but did you see the rules of how and when you'd get paid? Makes me wonder if it's worth a person's time or not.

E8MC, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  5. cldnails

Best Answers:
    The amount of offers available does make it worth your time. Considering you can keep a full que. However, my question is more in regards to an advertisers perspective on how successful it was.

cldnails, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  6. E8MC

E8MC Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah; okay - since I'm not an advertiser, I see your point ... BOL on whichever you choose!

E8MC, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  7. cldnails

Best Answers:
    Thank you, although I am hesitant to use either. I'm thinking my bankroll isn't quite big enough...yet. :)

cldnails, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  8. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont have much experience with them but you can probably get a better deal through DP for both advertiser and publisher. Just cut the middleman.

hextraordinary, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  9. ronjonbb

ronjonbb Active Member

Best Answers:
    i've tried this site and it works great

www.blogsvertise.com

ronjonbb, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  10. Mad Cat

Mad Cat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried PayPerPost and I should say that it's not too good (maybe in my case only).

The bloggers who posted on my topic had very low-traffic blogs and there is no way to pay more and be able to get popular blogs.

Mad Cat, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  11. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Popular blogs don't use this service, you should contact them directly if they specifically state they accept such offers.

hextraordinary, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  12. cldnails

Best Answers:
    I agree, if traffic is your only goal. But how was your experience with receiving decent PR links?

cldnails, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  13. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just tried to use Blogitive. I asked if they could advertise one of my sites on some tech blogs, the response is below:

Are you f*cking kidding me????????????????????

mad4, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  14. cldnails

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's pretty messed up. Blogitive is definately subpar compared to PayPerPost.com, at least on the publisher side. On PayPerPost.com you have the ability to require only certain PR blogs or those that cover a certain niche.

cldnails, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  15. ronjonbb

ronjonbb Active Member

Best Answers:
    www.blogsvertise.com is categorized by category and they can target specifc blogs.

Ive tried the service and have gotten some great blogs all the way up to pr6. I think amongst the similar services out there, the blogsvertise one, the quality is much higher.

The payout a bit higher to the bloggers and i feel that this has translated into a better quality and better buzz and traffic to us.

ronjonbb, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  16. danrua

danrua Peon

Best Answers:
    I've researched all three services and found PayPerPost to deliver better CPC than paid-search on low, medium and high traffic blogs. That benefit grew even larger when I factored in organic search improvement (using some of the Digital Point tools to track). My research spans from June to today, including tracking of all posts by publishers and advertisers on the space.

PayPerPost has a much stronger publisher community and a larger selection of ad opportunities -- a happy publisher will drive better results across the board. They are also the most proactive in focusing on quality -- such as their rating system similar to ebay's buyer/seller feedback loop.

So far, Blogitive and Blogsvertise both appear to be half-hearted attempts by interactive agencies that utilize email push and ad assignments -- both models that will suffer as volume grows. I wish them well because the whole ecosystem will benefit from a vibrant mix of organic and sponsored consumer generated media.

Lastly, this chart (http://www.blogpulse.com/trend?query1=payperpost&label1=payperpost&query2=blogitive&label2=blogitive&query3=blogsvertise&label3=blogsvertise&days=60&x=18&y=6) really sums up how the CGM community (including publishers, advertisers, AdSense experts, SEO experts and the like) is voting with their keyboards...PayPerPost by a wide margin.

danrua, Sep 7, 2006 IP
    Search-Placement likes this.
  17. cldnails

Best Answers:
    cldnails, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  18. bookworm-seo

bookworm-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO, bloggers needing PPP aren't going to give you quality backlinks/traffic. Best to spend a few more bucks and buy at TLA.

bookworm-seo, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  19. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to be reviewing both of these resources soon - to be honest though, I'd not waste your time. Neither are going to generate tons of traffic or even offer quality links.

If your looking for traffic then find a blog in your niche and ask them if they will blog about your service or product. If your looking for quality links, then like someone else mentioned use TLA or buy links via DP or Sitepoint.com.

DarrenC, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  20. ronjonbb

ronjonbb Active Member

Best Answers:
    well i have the advertiser upgrade with www.blogsvertise.com

i then browse, search, and decide and order exactly which blogs i would like to advertise on. its great and included pagerank info. really happy with this capability. It really put me in control of my advertising campaign.

dan have you tried advertising on any of these other services such as blogsvertise?

ronjonbb, Sep 7, 2006 IP