1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OMG!!!! I'm New To Adwords. I owe $3,000 in Adwords

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by styles3000, Mar 13, 2010.

1. styles3000

styles3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Wubee.

styles3000, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  2. styles3000

styles3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    You've got some solid info hopeless. I'll take heed man. I've already got an Clickbank,PayDotCom and Amazon account. I just don't know what to sell within there vast marketplace of products. A few years ago I shelled out close to $200 for keyword elite. I'm feeling now more than ever is a good time to utilize it.

styles3000, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  3. jasmor81

jasmor81 Peon

Best Answers:
    it really doesn't sound like you had a good idea to begin with. I would start maybe learning a little SEO and natural ranking factors if I was only going to use adsense. $45 a click is crazy! I B!tch about paying $2 a click :)

jasmor81, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  4. Pavol

Pavol Peon

Best Answers:
    This whole thread looks like a complete BS. First of all - if you are new to Adwords, they would charge your account after your account balance is a few hundred dollars, often even a few dozen dollars until they see you pay. They certainly would not let the balance go as high as $4k for a new account. Secondly, you mention $500 daily limit, which I can't comprehend, why anyone would start this high just to "test the waters". Thirdly, you mention paying as much as $45 per click - seriously...... And fourth thing that strikes me is your math. You owe $4000, made $200, and do not want to quit it just to prove your friends and family wrong?

Pavol, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  5. jewel3000

jewel3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    You've learned the hard way the lessons I've ghostwritten into many people's Adwords/traffic ebooks:

-- Never waste money competing on top-dollar, single keywords. Always go for lots of cheap keywords and let the clicks / sales build up.

-- For a SHORT while when you start out with AdWords, it's okay to pay a bit more for keywords, just long enough to get your quality score up high (so you'll pay less for keywords going forward)

-- The top slot on AdWords isn't always the most profitable. Many people find that being the 2nd or 3rd down in ad position gets them better click-throughs.

-- Best strategy is to build campaigns around hundreds of dirt-cheap key phrases. This may help you attract the right customers, those who're seeking exactly what you're selling.

-- What ebook told you to bid $45 per keyword as a newbie??

jewel3000, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  6. Binho

Binho Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Pavol, i have worked with PPC for 7 years and i this all just sounds like BS. I have had over 500 clients and if any of them had spend even $2000k and only made $200 back - i guarantee they would be jumping ship immediately. $45 a click is about 1000x more than you want to spend on this business model.

Jewel3000 is right although sometime you do have to bid on top dollar keyword and sometimes they can be great it just depends on your business model and yours can not support this.

Although, as i said before i'm pretty sure this thread stinks.

Binho, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  7. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    *nods* - it looks like it, a schoolboy who has run up a $4000 debt, and says he wants to buy into more affiliate schemes? He's either joking, mad or his Daddy is so filthy rich he can lose a few thousand without blinking.

magda, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  8. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    > The way Adsense works, is the more money that advertisers are paying, per click, for the
    > keyword in Google "Adwords", theMORE money you'll be paid via Adsense, for displaying
    > their ad on your site via Adsense! So... the goal here is to select those keywords from the
    > top of the list, that are costing advertisers the most per click.

Styles, stop what you're doing right now. Think about what that says, use your logic.

I believe you are misinterpreting the above quote, although the way it's worded, I can understand that.

Think. If I'm an advertiser paying $1 for a keyword, why would Google give you $1.10? Logically, arbitrage cannot possibly make you money.

I think what Callen was trying to say is, if you build a site around a keyword, the higher advertisers are paying for it, the more you're likely to get. If I build a site around the keyword "life insurance", the clicks from Adsense will be more than the keyword "cat food".

Lucid Web Marketing, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  9. hopeless4

hopeless4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought this was strange also. But I'm pretty sure the type of CC used would make a difference. For instance; many platinum cards are regarded as no limit by big companies, and advertisers. If you have a large enough "perceived" wallet, they will happily let you go nuts giving your money to them.

hopeless4, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  10. adublin

adublin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True, I have an Amex and a master card -

My MC gets billed at around $100 and my Amex gets billed whenever... (my wife's account of course)

adublin, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  11. cjlopez

cjlopez Member

Best Answers:
    exactly haha you need to quit while you're ahead and look for free sources of traffic before actually paying for it or if you do pay make sure its minimal.

cjlopez, Mar 15, 2010 IP
  12. Mpor

Mpor Peon

Best Answers:
    You should try to send some free SEO traffic and see how well in converts before you go back to PPC

Mpor, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  13. 24788

24788 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude many people who sell these books make money because they sell these books. They get suckers lured in and keep on banking from it.

This is a horrible business model unless your an expert at it which is not for someone who is new to the game. You should of started out smaller and made sure to cut off your advertising to a limit and not to 3,000.

If this was actually true everyone would be doing it. This is why scamming is so easily done online is because of people who don't do proper research before hand. It's going to bite you in the ass. It's horrible that it took you for 3 grand, but hopefully you won't get lured into it again. You need to be careful anyone who wants money and becomes greedy will do anything to sell you anything. They will try to sell you an empty box of gold for $80. That's enough to you lured in, but not enough for you to care enough for you to sue them most of the time.

That does suck though.

24788, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  14. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you owe adwords money? I use adwords and have to pay upfront.

The thing to do is analyse what you make per page impression ie - you make $200 from 1,000 page impressions = 20 cents per page impression. With this in mind set your top price per click at 10 cents.

If you're only using "tile" as your keyword you'll not get anywhere with 10 cents per click. Add more keywords - for example: pink tiles, blue tiles, crimson tiles, burgundy tiles, tiles for bathrooms, tiles for kitchens.

Also, keep your eye on your adwords spend and pause it if things aren't working out or increase it if they are...

1associate, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  15. Avo19

Avo19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adwords arbitrage i.e. using Adwords to drive traffic to sites with Adsense ads will get your Adsense account banned & no payment forthcoming. This form of arbitrage was banned around May 2007. I know, I was making 20-30k/mth from it then. As for all the ebooks, websites etc promoting Adsense-Adwords arbitrage, check the dates, Most you'll find are from 2007 & earlier. Things change quickly within the Google world, so always make sure your information is current. As an aside, I never payed more than 5c/click & I targeted niches that only paid me maybe 10-35c/click. It was all about volume.

Avo19, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  16. mainstreetcm

mainstreetcm Peon

Best Answers:
    I cannot imagine spending $3000 to make just $200. That is the worst idea no matter what business you are in or model you utilize. I also agree that this thread seems to be BS. Even at $45 a click, spending just $3000 would bring you 67 clicks. To make $200 off of those clicks you would need to be paid $2.98 per click!!! Anyone want to enlighten me how many niches pay that much per click? Because if we all knew, we'd all be doing it!!!!

mainstreetcm, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  17. Adinosway

Adinosway Peon

Best Answers:
    @styles3000
    Its costing me more than I'm making . The whole purpose is to earn more than to pay more, right? I looked in my adwords account an I owe $3,000 in Adwords(I'M FREAKIN OUT!!!!!) and, then I looked in my adsense account and I only earned $200. How can I switch it around? $3,000 adsense/-$200 adwords. The keyword I picked was (Tile) which I feel was a bad choice, didn't really care because I'm using it to familiarize myself with Adwords and Adsense. I read in Mr. Callens ebook that the more you pay in adwords, the more you make in adsense, with that in mind, I looked up top paying CPC keywords and I chose mesothelioma. After I made a ad and ran it, I didn't see any income in adsense so I stopped it because I was bidding like $45 a click( which I can't afford).

Really and Truly sorry about that. Well I am scared stiff of Adwords and I do not really think I will get near there in the nearest future. I am an SEO guy and I think I like it and prefer it that way.

Adinosway, Mar 16, 2010 IP
  18. Martin Brock

Martin Brock Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I really cant believe that anyone would take such advice this literally. I am sure the author never fathomed that anyone would either.

OF COURSE the cost per click in Adwords will be an indication of how much you can make with Adsense. Higher Adwords CPC = higher Adsense CPC. But it does not mean that you can just blow $3000 on Adwords and expect to get more than $3000 from Adsense.

Did you expect your clickthrough rate would be over 100%, or that Google would pay you more per click than the advertisers are paying them?

Adsense as the sole means of monetization simply isn't strong enough for this sort of thing. If you were a mes. lawyer yourself an had a killer conversion process on your site, you could probably afford the high CPC in Adwords - but certainly not if you only make income from Adsense alone.

Martin Brock, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  19. BigBob1

BigBob1 Guest

Best Answers:
    Correct advice!!

BigBob1, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  20. jacobkell

jacobkell Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont see any sense using adwords for sending traffic to adsense site.First,that is traffic recycling,then if user clicked on ad on get on your site,then why he would click again on same/similar ad?

jacobkell, Mar 17, 2010 IP