1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OMG!!!! I'm New To Adwords. I owe $3,000 in Adwords

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by styles3000, Mar 13, 2010.

Its costing me more than I'm making . The whole purpose is to earn more than to pay more, right? I looked in my adwords account an I owe $3,000 in Adwords(I'M FREAKIN OUT!!!!!) and, then I looked in my adsense account and I only earned $200. How can I switch it around? $3,000 adsense/-$200 adwords. The keyword I picked was (Tile) which I feel was a bad choice, didn't really care because I'm using it to familiarize myself with Adwords and Adsense. I read in Mr. Callens ebook that the more you pay in adwords, the more you make in adsense, with that in mind, I looked up top paying CPC keywords and I chose mesothelioma. After I made a ad and ran it, I didn't see any income in adsense so I stopped it because I was bidding like $45 a click( which I can't afford).
    Any insight would be appreciated.

styles3000, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  2. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You want to send traffic from someone cheaper than google adwords,

soniqhost.com, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  3. vitg

vitg Member

Best Answers:
    What soniqhost said - AdWords is gonna be way to expensive if you're trying to do arbitrage.

I would stop the AdWords immediately until you understand the basics. Read up around here and then give it another shot. Until then you're gonna be burning money.

vitg, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  4. styles3000

styles3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I'll go back to my MSN account then. Plus ,I'll open a Ask.com account too. Are there any others you guys would suggest?(Yahoo,Miva?)​

styles3000, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  5. hopeless4

hopeless4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should have set low daily limits, until you actually started to make money. Google makes a killing off new members like yourself.

hopeless4, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  6. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Afford it or not, you will now HAVE TO PAY for what you received.

goscript, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  7. The Oracle

The Oracle Member

Best Answers:
    I think the idea of Goggle adword is to advertise about your goods, services, or you just want more visitors read what your publishing in your forum/CMS. I don't think that it is good idea to use adwrods to bring visitors to click on the adscense in your website. the matter is just like you try to run a generator that get its energy from itself .. eventually you will lose more than you earn

I have $15 on my balance in adword .. I think they are enough for this year :cool:

The Oracle, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  8. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I read in Mr. Callens ebook that the more you pay in adwords, the more you make in adsense,
    seriously? he actually says that? Dear God in Heaven, if that's true the man should be sued to high heaven.
    Arbitrage is against adwords ToS. They will not allow you to profit from it. You will ALWAYS lose money by this method.

magda, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  9. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, you'll owe google for the service you have now recieved. Adwords, unfortunately, has a bit of a steep learning curve. The thing is, it won't matter how much you pay in adwords, it won't affect the value of the clicks in adsense. How long did you leave adwords running for?

Grit., Mar 14, 2010 IP
  10. Wubee

Wubee Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, there is a sucker born every minute. LMAO !!!

Wubee, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  11. styles3000

styles3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, hopeless. Even though I stopped the campaigns in adwords ,a part of me didn't want to because I was tired of going into my adense account and seeing $0.00. Just to see something-anything felt good. With all the doubters and critics around me this past year saying, "get a job!!" "get a job, your doing nothing but playing on the computer!!!" It feels really good to see my account bring in $200 plus.Even if I owe more than I made and even if I don't understand how it happened. Just like Rich Dad Poor Dad said, "I took action". Now its time to learn from it without loosing ambition in the process. In the beginning , I set all my limits to $500 and default bids to $1. The majority of them where below 1st page bid. So I adjusted accordingly using the bid simulator Hal Varian suggusted in the videos below [video=youtube;K7l0a2PVhPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7l0a2PVhPQ[/video].......[video=youtube;jRx7AMb6rZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRx7AMb6rZ0[/video]
    Could you give a small example of one of your successful keyword campaigns were eaned more than you paid out? Thanks

12. styles3000

styles3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know, I previously owed $80 and they froze my account . Little did I know, when I gave them my new credit card info they unfroze it before I even paid the $80, go figure. Now its $3,000!!!!!!! Do you think if I do all the right things on other PPC platforms, I'll have the same earning power as google?

13. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot make money from this 'business model'. You will not make more money from adsense clicks than you pay out in adwords. It is against adwords ToS and they deliberatley make it expensive.

magda, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  14. styles3000

styles3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, thats exactly what I did. I'm glad you told me because now its $4,000 that I owe!!!!!! Have you heard of HyperVRE? I'm about to buy a Gold version membership this week, I know that will put me in a better position for earning. Plus , I've been looking into this site......getpayperclickadzfree.com

15. hopeless4

hopeless4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Styles3000, dude please don't make the gambler's mistake and try to throw more credit at this problem, hoping it will go away. You should have IMHO at least 2, but preferably several profitable niches. Some Gurus will disagree, but adwords is to compliment profitable campaigns, not establish them! Stop reading all the Guru bs man. Your chances, as a newbie in adsense, are like winning the lottery, as you haven't realized any success yet man.

You have to back out and recoup your losses. Definitely you can do better with PPC campaigns! Buy a couple of domains related to a product you want to promote, and either hit CB for free, or go to affiliates that sell the product(s) you wish to promote. If you have websites ready to fly almost any affiliate out there will accept you. Not that I recommend it, but your better off throwing your money at blackhat activities to bail yourself out than "upping the ante". Please just get a couple of sites to start promoting some simple products.

This way your learning how to market, and convert viewers, at around $7-$14 per month for hosting. Learning the affiliate game your way will kill your confidence, and your going to be waiting around for that "big day" that is going to bail you out of that mess your in. Internet Marketing needs positivity to thrive, but your going down the wrong road.

Please update with your plans.

hopeless4, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  16. tommytx

tommytx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    <quote>I read in Mr. Callens ebook that the more you pay in adwords, the more you make in adsense</quote>

Brad Callan never said any such thing unless you took it totally out of context... He is probably one of the more knowledgable marketers in the business. Maybe you read what he said with the same effort you put into the adwords game. Just threw in some money and waited for it to multiply.
    Please do not smear good folks with 6 word sentences. Back off spend a few hundred hours to learn adwords, then come back with just a few bucks until you figure out what you are doing.

tommytx, Mar 14, 2010 IP
  17. styles3000

styles3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    After I watched this....[video=youtube;A1QEHYL58wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1QEHYL58wc[/video] and read Case Study 1 of an india dude named Abhishek Agarwal who blew my mind. He uses Adwords and Adsense in away that really convinced me. I tried to sent you the pdf, but could'nt. There's a section on it where you can download the 79 page case study. Here's where you can get it.........hypervre.com/Adsense/CaseStudy1/

18. styles3000

styles3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Tommytx,
    I literally kiss the ground the Callen Brothers walk on. I'm not smearing them at all. Look for yourself.
    This quote came from the Brad Callens 85 page pdf, "GoogleAdwordsMadeEasy" (GoogleAdwordsMadeEasy.com) on page 75...reads
    Don't take my word for it.

19. styles3000

styles3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I stand corrected...... I meant to say.....the more money that ADVERTISERS are paying, per click, for the
    keyword in Google "Adwords", theMORE money you'll be paid via Adsense, for displaying
    their ad on your site via Adsense! / I had the ads running for a few days.

20. styles3000

styles3000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks hopeless, I'll take that to the bank. I'll review over your samples and we'll exchange numbers shortly. Maybe even connect on teamview , if you agree.