1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Aeiouy Banned from Adsense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by aeiouy, Sep 6, 2006.

1. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Same time frame as Aeiouy in my getting banned.

And as with him and others, google will not disclose why at all.

So after a year with them, I am out...just like that!

Which of course meant I had to go through all my sites and destruct the adsense and replace with hopefully a better alternative.

Yeah, google is just pissing off publishers and it will get more vicious as the next few months arrive.

iowadawg, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  2. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear this.
    You must immediately ask them to send you the money you didnt get yet. If they agree in this, you ar not banned for click fraud, then you are banned for placing pictures on ads, MFA pages or whatever but not click fraud.
    I dont say they always follow this policy, but it has happened several times.

tyggemannen, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  3. ChasLaser

ChasLaser Peon

Best Answers:
    Like goScooby said, "Participation in DP revenue sharing." that seems to be the common thread to a Peon like me.

ChasLaser, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  4. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. They have the professional coders, they have the tools, they have the stats & yet all they provide a publisher while suspending is an overtly ambiguous email that you're done, no more business with you.

There are some losers hanging around the world wide web who can get you banned just like that with a couple of clicks and you're helpless because you really can't do much virtually other than to take your ads off for a while. I received threats of click bombing from a lunatic last night and he's currently blackmailing me to promote his website on my website or else he would simply keep on clicking the ads. What can I do here? block his IP? he can access it through G's cache, through anonymizers e.t.c. So All I can do now is to do whatever he wants me to do (I am doing it) OR to let him do what he wants to do & sit here waiting for that infamous email.

There should be a system where Google automatically blocks either the ads or the clicks for the same visitor in the next 12 or 24 hours. I don't care if revenue from such clicks are automatically deducted.

Google should also give bonuses or reputations to publishers who have stayed loyal and honest for a set period of time. I believe that most of us here are working with Adsense for more than 2 years now and yet we all are categorized under the same "suspicious" category. This straight you-are-banned verdict is anything but professional to my likes.

Endurer, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate the support everyone.

Without any bullet-proof evidence, I still wouldn't recommend anyone share the publisher ID here or on any other forum at this point. Without access to any of the data, I can't prove or disprove that any kind of malicious click attack took place.

aeiouy, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  6. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're banned too?:eek:

Endurer, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Diversify, diversify, diversify. The next time some Adsense noob tells you that he doesn't need to diversify because Adsense is the greatest company in the world and nothing will ever happen to his account, laugh in his face.

I have a ton of sites, and Adsense and YPN combine make up only 20% of my total revenue. If I lost both on the same day, I could replace them with alternatives before you can say, "Up yours, Adsense".

Never, ever rely on a faceless corporation for your sole revenue.

Diversify, diversify, diversify.

P.S. Sorry about your banishment, aeiouy dude. Sign up for Adbrite temporarily until you can find something better. With the rates Adsense is giving now, Adbrite should cover about 50% of your average Adsense revenue, if not more.

jackburton2006, Sep 6, 2006 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  8. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not worried about the revenue. Adsense was only a small part of my revenue. I have always been one to diversify. Unfortunately in some cases Adsense was a good fit. I have a lot of alternatives in terms of monetization, but I prefer the choice be mine. :)

aeiouy, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  9. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    "1. Google has the ability to block/discount invalid clicks without banning but they don't."

Probably because they charge advertisers the click.
    Do they really send all the money back to advertisers I don’t think so, it’s just another internet scan.
    It’s all to fishy ….

! Ask !, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  10. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:

I had suggested to Google previously on rewarding honest publishers with a 'publisher trust rank' kinda thing whereby they get access to more features as a reward for reporting TOS violators and scraped/auto-generated content sites that produce garbage.

I posted previously in this thread and with Google effectively washing their hands of publishers - especially honest publishers - it is only a matter of time before all those publishers wash their hands of Google and make an impact on Google market share (refusing to use google search or click any google ads , or using any google apps etc). Obviously small measures wouldn't make any overall impact, but the amount of people being banned would accumulate over time and have an impact on their market share.

Ganceann, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  11. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear it! It would suck if someone like you, who plays by the rules and preaches as such, gets shafted because of Googzilla's seemingly arbitrary methods.

12. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    aww wholy geeze that sucks! Sorry Aeiouy :-(

It does look like the common denominator is revenue sharing here at DP.. I took my pub-ID out a month ago, but i'm still shaking in my boots (ehem.. slippers)..

Tearabite, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  13. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, that is interesting, I never noticed that. Someone should start a thread and a poll asking just this question...

14. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Damn..13 member reading this

If you were making lots more money you could possibly take google to court.

Also, there is no google scam. Google uses algos to determine which accounts are banned and somehow AEIougy got on the wrong side of the algo. It is in googles best interest not to pluck out publishers since if google did that they would lose a continuous revenue stream.

IamNed, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  15. bobisawsome7

bobisawsome7 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you mean 18 ;)

bobisawsome7, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  16. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea. I just got banned last time but luckily I got my account reinstated.

But I can tell you one thing, that I once accidentally clicked on my own ads during my blending process of my ads to my site. I wrote to google, told them my situation and my IP address. They replied to me saying that they appreciated my honesty, but the click was <b>not deducted</b>. So it's a shame for them that they keep saying they are standing strong against click fraud.

ashiezai, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  17. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good attitude! Also good to hear that it won't impact your revenue too much. I finally BANNED AdSense from my blog (how about that for a switch?) - it was a very cleansing process for me. I agree with you -> I prefer the choice to be mine also - and I made the choice.

Phynder, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  18. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google Adsense reps read these threads, and as such if revenue sharing here at DP was an issue they would have told Shawn a long time ago. No need to start a panic.

Nor is being with Adsense for one year a reason for banning. I am over that mark times 2, almost 3 years...my first site started with adsense in 2003 and did nothing....It didnt know how to draw traffic all that well, so no banning for no traffic numbers or such.

Hope this helps dispel myths

Sem-Advance, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  19. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:

...... .

commandos, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  20. bobisawsome7

bobisawsome7 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wow, they ban us and leave that. Thats going on fakesense.

Edit: Posted on FakeSense.

bobisawsome7, Sep 6, 2006 IP