1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moral Dilemma...Are all ClickBank products scams?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by paulmagno, Mar 8, 2010.

Hi Guys...I want to make money like the rest of the world, but I have a real problem scamming people...It seems that every product that I've investigated on ClickBank is a scam. I currently do some sales with a weight loss product that is not a scam, just a lot of common sense, but my question to you guys is if there are some products on ClickBank that actually do what they advertise?

I'm not looking to steal your products, but if you can just give me some general ideas on where to look because I must be missing all the legit products...And I just don't have the money to buy sample products of everything...

Thanks...

paulmagno, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  2. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For the most part, the products aren't "scams", but not all of them work as well as they promise. This is more the case in the make money online and weight loss/fitness niches than anything. It's not that the products aren't any good, they just won't help you to make $2752992 in 14 days or lose 100 pounds in a week like they advertise. (I know that is a slight exaggeration). Most of them do provide good information that can be applied though to help you reach your goal.

When you think about it though, that's the way marketing works. It's what the big companies have been doing for years and it sells. Look at TV commercials like Pro Active for example. You can tell that nobody on those commercials has ever had bad acne because they use models with some of the best looking skin to sell their product. They have these people with great looking skin telling you it took them only X amount of days to see clear skin. Is it unethical? No, it's just business. Same can be said for all those workout equipment products like Bowflex and dieting supplements and everything else.

If you're in a moral dilemma though, just find products to promote that don't make ridiculous claims. There are a lot of them out there. One example I can think of is an ebook that helps you with your golf swing. They don't say somethin crazy like "buy this book and you'll be better than Tiger Woods". They just say it will help you become a better golfer. Nothing morally wrong with that.

J1218, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  3. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    no, they are not - although you need to look for the good stuff. There is a lot of scams, but also some really good gems on clickbank.

GeorgR., Mar 8, 2010 IP
  4. Azure11

Azure11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you Paul. I'm not sure how you tell if products are scams or overhyped or whatever without actually buying it or getting a trial copy. I'm also trying to earn money without using any of these grey areas but just by pure hard work but sometimes I feel like I am not going to make it. Has anyone here really earnt decent money just using legit methods?

I guess maybe the answer is to sell products in a niche that you know stuff about then you have a more educated view of what might and might not be a 'scam'.

Azure11, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  5. Super_Vendor

Super_Vendor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very well put. Its business and if you look at any other product sold on commercials or even in stores they all make big claims. It's part of sales. The truth is people are so used to it that if you made realistic claims, they would expect to get even less than that.

The main difference between clickbank products and other products seen on the commercials is that the products on commercials are actual physical products. When a person actually has something delivered to their house they feel as if they are actually getting something. Someone downloads a great well-written ebook with tons of information that if applied can really help that person, they will skim through it quickly and feel ripped off because they feel as if they are in the same spot as before spending their money. They immediately think "Scam!" I read that ebook and I still haven't lost weight! I want a refund!

That's truly the way it is. Of course with Forex products and make money online products it can get a little extreme.

But, I personally am getting tired of Clickbank products "as a whole" getting called scams. Just because they aren't physical products does not mean that they are not good products.

Super_Vendor, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  6. nikvn

nikvn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I generally do a proper research about the product.If so many complaints are out there at reputable forums and web sites,then I won't promote it.
    This technique works for popular products only.

I also felt really sad when I started with clickbank because I realized most of the health products were really scams.It is always great to promote something that gives value to the customer.

GIVING VALUE is the only way to build a long lasting online(or offline) business.

Thanks

nikvn, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  7. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    The biggest scams are (IMHO) in the internet marketing niche, its all often simple re-packed/re-hashed stuff. SOME exceptions exist tho.

GeorgR., Mar 8, 2010 IP
  8. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    remember Water 4 Gas? and all those forex products? and all those automated stock trading products?

none of those work at all

dlm, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  9. tonysanders

tonysanders Member

Best Answers:
    well, to be honest, i confidently believe that my products work. I have beta testers running it first before putting it into my guides.

tonysanders, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  10. goopygoo

goopygoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Only a few are out-right scams.

goopygoo, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  11. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there are a few awful products out there but some products HAVE to work - I mean really a publisher/vendor should make something of value because affiliates will leave if they get tons of refunds anyway. Yes you just need to search around but in the most part there is alot of good products out there.

Chri5123, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  12. ProTalker

ProTalker Peon

Best Answers:
    For all the newbies what is (IMHO)??

ProTalker, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  13. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In my honest opinion.

mikey1090, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  14. mahan_eesh

mahan_eesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i have only few words to express on this discussion friends.

All methods, blueprints, softwares and any tutorial video out their online; they are as powerful and efficient as the one who uses them or adapt them accordingly. And they have clearly mentioned in their earning disclaimer that the techniques which worked with them might not work with you. Peace out.

mahan_eesh, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  15. webspider20

webspider20 Member

Best Answers:
    No, they are not scams. they all are decent products, but some over promise and under deliver. the problem with clickbank is some of the products are really good and don't get sold and some are really bad products that lie on the landing page and get sold way more than the good stuff does

webspider20, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  16. walterk

walterk Peon

Best Answers:
    Ditto what the others have said - there are some really good products on CB - you just need to look. I avoid all the ebooks on their and look for software, subscription services etc.

walterk, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  17. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Please explain to me how the forex products on CB are not scams.

dlm, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  18. petyard

petyard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say poor/over-hyped/deceiving products/sales pages. Scam seems too much
    and yes, forex robots are amongst the biggest scams..I know there are also some "forex training" products which could not be scams

petyard, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  19. bomboman

bomboman Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, there are only few products that can make money for me (I sell bodybuilding products). However, you need to do research carefully each site on click bank prior to promoting them. I can tell you roughly that only 10% of digital products that I used to promote make decent money.

bomboman, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  20. Phobos

Phobos Peon

Best Answers:
    People will stop buying when they realize they're paying for something that in 99.99% of cases is freely available somewhere else online. It never ceases to amaze me how people buy let's say a weight loss product when googling "lose weight" turns up 45 million results out of witch probably more then half are free methods of loosing weight. When I first discovered affiliate marketing I was stunned to discover how easy it is to convince people to buy something they don't actually need. Frankly I don't think that selling overpriced information picked up on the forums is going to last much longer but we'll see.

Phobos, Mar 9, 2010 IP