1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammed by someone in China

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Devana, Feb 9, 2010.

1. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    What does that have to do with anything?

browntwn, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  2. DubDubDubDot

DubDubDubDot Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the biggest lesson is to do business with people who live in the same country as you do.

DubDubDubDot, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  3. intrus

intrus Peon

Best Answers:
    is there is a contract sue the it`s all legal
    if you just transfer some money to a person you`ll never take them back and they will not appear in front of the judge. You gave them the money for nothing

intrus, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  4. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, man, I'm sorry to hear that.

I wouldn't bother with legal action. I got a pal in US and he sued a Chinese company for $9 million (yes, 9,000,000) back in 2006. It took him more than 3 years to get the company to officially respond; and respond they did for one reason only - they had opened a branch in US and didn't want too much trouble. But that's it - he cannot get 'em to appear in the court. Tell you what, he will never see his $9m. Never, ever! Forget about it.

For those who wanna make a quick buck by selling low quality stuff (no offence to the OP because I don't know the nature of your business):
    • Trade only with companies that are listed in Alibaba and that have at least some feedback
    • Ask for bank details and deal ONLY with companies that are banking with a well known international bank (HSBC, RBS, etc)
    • Always keep your mind open for other import channels (Turkey, Taiwan, Eastern Europe)
    • Did you know that the best way to discover companies in any country is to check the respective Chamber of Commerce... it is even better (much better, in fact) than Alibaba!
    • As DubDubDubDot rightly suggested, you probably have undiscovered local companies offering similar stuff in a MUCH higher quality... and you don't pay shipping, and you get peace of mind... and you save the planet, etc. etc...

Well, if he had dealt through a bank (international transfer from one account to another one), he could contact the bank involved and initiate a charge-back. Now he cannot do that :( Even PayPal would have been a better option. With a wire transfer you are totally exposed and have no security whatsoever.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    tankard, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  5. janniboy

janniboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Due diligence my friend...
    We have been doing a lot of business with electronics from China and you should be aware of 2 things when doing business in general:
    1) if it's too good to be true, then it's probably a scam
    2) instead of paying $2500 to someone, better pay $700 and go to China yourself and get the products
    3) don't ever use WU for business transfers - it was only designed for personal use, to send money to people you know. The scammers from China say they can't use paypal or bank transfers but they can.

If you need more info on where to get products from China or need an outsourcing agent there, PM me

janniboy, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  6. robertnille

robertnille Peon

Best Answers:
    find Jacky Chan number. He will show them! lol

robertnille, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  7. superstan

superstan Peon

Best Answers:
    that made me laugh whole day :D

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz

superstan, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  8. Sponge-Bob

Sponge-Bob Peon

Best Answers:
    Next time make sure you get all the details of the person incharge and also details such as id number and so...

bdw sinceu paid via western union i guess they would have some info about those guys...

Sponge-Bob, Mar 5, 2010 IP
  9. luckyv172

luckyv172 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can post review about their site in DP and give their links in many other forums . so people never go to his site . As per your money . nothing can be done .

luckyv172, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  10. taingongo

taingongo Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess It was from Russia isnt it,, moved to china,, CMIIW

taingongo, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  11. extraspecial

extraspecial Member

Best Answers:
    Scammers always use Western Union because it's the easiest way to get your money and you can't sue people if you pay with Western Union! However what was the product / service you bought from them...

extraspecial, Mar 7, 2010 IP
  12. hansonlove7

hansonlove7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well my experience is same, i ordered my electronic digital products for Chinavasion. But i got a defective one and i received no response to refund my money back. I lost it all!:( I no more do without thinking twice. And i am with Chinabuye so far, my orders are delivered safe and i pay through paypal. So far no complaints with pay or quality. So this is my lesson in selecting right suppliers and paying them!!

hansonlove7, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  13. lyyeagle

lyyeagle Peon

Best Answers:
    More and more cheats now,we must be more careful

lyyeagle, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  14. shinenfree

shinenfree Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have found some that that took my money via WU and received the product, but there have been other times I have received a shoe...lol

shinenfree, Feb 21, 2013 IP