1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

the adwords vouchers trick

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by byeloo, Feb 23, 2010.

A good marketing movement for google with the adwords vouchers! if you never use adwords till now here is the deal: u can use that voucher to promote your websites but you must first have a credit card and second you must make a minimum payment of 10$!

Google never lose:

- If you want to use that voucher you must pay 10$+5$(activation fee);
    - More advertisers will make the bid price to exploade;
    - A good percent of the people that will use this voucher will use adwords in the future;

Well done Google once again!

What do you think about this?

byeloo, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  2. ppcIcon

ppcIcon Peon

Best Answers:
    This is not news.

ppcIcon, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  3. Open

Open Peon

Best Answers:
    Min payment $10 ?

Just opened up a new account last week with a $100 coupon. Only debit showing is the $5 activation. $95 balance available.

Where does the additional $10 come from?

Open, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  4. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you are complaining. Not only that, complaining about getting $100 for free.

> but you must first have a credit card

This is a way for Google to verify who you are. It's also when your voucher runs out and to bill you once it does.

I'm amazed at the number of people who want to just spend their free $100 and be done with it. Maybe I'm missing the point but, don't you want to continue advertising so you can make more money? Others ideas are to get more vouchers to basically keep on advertising for free forever. Great business plan.

Word of advice to all: spend more time on your business and learning Adwords to maximize your profits instead of gaming the system.

> If you want to use that voucher you must pay 10$+5$(activation fee)

I don't know about this $10 but the activation fee of $5 has always been there. It was there when I opened my account in 2002. There was no vouchers back then. With inflation, that $5 should be $10 by now. Google is not making money with this.

> More advertisers will make the bid price to exploade

That's debatable. My take is that the existing advertisers who understand the system won't see much of a change. That's because Adwords is not a straight bidding system, there's quality to take into account. Since few new advertisers are likely to have great quality from the start or even long term if they stick with it long enough, the top advertisers won't be affected much.

> A good percent of the people that will use this voucher will use adwords in the future

That would be an interesting number to see. Purely as a guess, I think 10%. That's should be more than enough for Google to recoup the value of all vouchers used.

I agree, well done Google. A smart company trying to grow its business and apparently succeeding.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 23, 2010 IP
    Jenna Appleseed likes this.
  5. byeloo

byeloo Peon

Best Answers:
    Open@

10$ !Is not a fee! you can use that money to advertise! is required to activate the voucher!

Lucid Web@

You are entirely right!Nothing to comment! :)

byeloo, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  6. jNorth

jNorth Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you use another PPC venue? I mean if you think they are ripping you off.

jNorth, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  7. Open

Open Peon

Best Answers:
    Never saw it. Maybe it applies to prepay and I was a postpay setup?

Open, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  8. byeloo

byeloo Peon

Best Answers:

I never said that! "the trick" is in a figurative expression!

byeloo, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  9. mdowns

mdowns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    many smart marketers use the same tactic. Columbia house, all these cpa rebill programs, ever go to the mall and see the workers in the food court handing out free samples. Same concept.

mdowns, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  10. globalcashsite

globalcashsite Peon

Best Answers:
    From which site you got 100$ coupon?

GCS

globalcashsite, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  11. Open

Open Peon

Best Answers:
    Google sent it to me via email.

There is another part of this forum that sells them for around $10.

Open, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  12. GAdwords

GAdwords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the minimum payment (10$) is requested if you select prepay as payment method for account activation.
    if you select postpay , the activation fee (5$) will be deducted from the voucher value.
    watch out : stop your ads after the credit is over !

GAdwords, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  13. ATMSeller

ATMSeller Peon

Best Answers:
    i have the same prblem as mentioned i opened an adwords account for one of my customers and selected the prepay(don't know the difference between these payment types) as payment type so added my vcc and as u guys now google charges 5$ activation fee i added vcc along with 100$ coupon code and after adding google accepted the card and deducted 5$ after that i thought account is right and working but it asked me another 10$ payment so vcc had 5$ in it so i wasn't able to do that and i was entered my coupon already... so tell me all the 100$ voucher along with 5$ activation fee gone? if i was opening the account with postpay option then it worked till 100$ finishes? now what can i do? i added money to vcc but paypal didn't authorize payment fromt he card what is the problem? i added another vcc's and googedeclined them and also declined the first card...
    now what can i do? can i close the account and open it again? and use that coupon i used in that account again? or what i can do. i heard that if source of voucher was good then it didn't asked 10$ is it right? in make payment page the option to deduct from coupon code balance was disabled what problem is this coupon code? vcc? prepay? what step i did wrong. :( and also i added one campaing there i think my account is falgged if i close the account and add that campaing or website to the new adwords account does google closes my new account or disables it?

ATMSeller, Mar 6, 2010 IP
  14. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    magda, Mar 7, 2010 IP
    Jenna Appleseed likes this.