1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to recover Windows Admin Password?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by harryfoster, Feb 21, 2010.

One day one of my friend came to my home and he starts operating my pc as he want's to do some work . I am not aware that he changed my admin password. When he finished his work , said to me that he is going to leave so I said him please turn off my pc as I was not interested to work at that movement. After some time when I start my pc it ask me the password but it was changed by my friend. This password prevents against unauthorized access to your crucial information stored on the computer and is required at each attempt of booting the computer. I call my friend who came to my home and ask him that did he changed my admin password he said yes but he can't remember it also as he changed the password in a hurry, now the problem arises I tried almost very thing to break the password of the admin but i can't. Now i am worried about my important data which was stored in my drive. If I format and reinstalled my windows again I will going to lose all my important documents which i was stored in my windows drive. Then one of my friend gave me with windows password recovery software of "Stellar Phoenix" . I inserted the software disk and boot my system through that disk but it won't work out on my system . I said to him why this software is not working he said, but he recovers the admin password. I don't know what to do please help me out to recover my windows password.?

harryfoster, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  2. artok

artok Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The simplest way is to use a "Hiren`s Boot CD", you can find it on google or torrents for download. Download the ISO from the internet, burn it to a cd, mount the cd and boot from this cd. choose Active Password Changer, and change the admin password or reset it to blank.
    you wont loose anything, you don`t have to format your pc. is just a simple record that need to be changed.

Cheers.

artok, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  3. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Restart the computer in safemode - there is a hidden administrator account that you can only access in safe mode.

When the computer starts in safemode, type in the username administrator and no password

There are 2 things here:

1 - always have a backup admin account, just in case something like this happens.

2 - your so called "friend" is not your friend if he changed your password.

~kev~, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  4. topaix

topaix Peon

Best Answers:
    topaix, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  5. allthatjazz

allthatjazz Guest

Best Answers:
    as told before ISO of Hiren's Boot CD or use tiny linux live cd called slack just 150 mb and free , boot from that reset the pass boot out

@~kev~ to go in safe mode he needs the admin pass 1st :p

allthatjazz, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  6. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a hidden admin account that you can only access through safe mode or by entering the command "control userpasswords2" - without the quotes.

When you install windows, you create your own admin account during the install process. There is another admin account that is created for people who accidentally lock themselves out of their own computer. This feature was added with windows XP. Windows 2000 and NT 4 did not have the hidden account.

If you go into control panel - user accounts - the administrator account is not listed. Your account is listed, but not the real administrator account.

If the guys buddy changed his password, just boot into safe mode, and use the back door admin account - no password required.

Dont beleive me? Boot into safe mode and try it.

99% of the time - if you can restart a windows computer, you can take control of it by simply going into safe mode. The other 1% is when the person was smart enough to change the hidden admin account password.

~kev~, Feb 24, 2010 IP
  7. Chris2010

Chris2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can remove your password with windows password recovery tool. I know a tool named "windows login recovery" that can remove windows password without losing any data and you needn't reinstall windows OS. Download it from http://www.windowsloginrecovery.com and burn the program to a blank CD or a usb flash drive, insert the CD into the problem computer and reset your password to “Blank”.

Chris2010, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  8. milo_pl

milo_pl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google "NT/2000 Password Recovery" - small linux distro that will reset/change any pass of any account you have.

milo_pl, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  9. rv12may

rv12may Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have lost the administrator password and are unable to log in to the computer at all then you must reset the password to something known. This is achieved by booting the computer from another disc and using a tool that rewrites the part of the registry where the password hash is stored. Only the last two of the tools mentioned above allow the Creation of a password recovery disc.

rv12may, Mar 8, 2010 IP
  10. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me I was going in as admin (top level) only account that was allowed on PC, after I messed something up had to reset the whole thin; it was a big mess.

manofwar, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  11. edfranklin

edfranklin Peon

Best Answers:
    Just simple start your PC and press F8 button 2 or 3 times, after that open it in safe mode with networking. Now your PC will open in safe mode, go to control panel change your password.

edfranklin, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  12. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Does removing battery and then re-inserting it helps in resetting the password??

- Mr.President -

Digital_shubhi, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  13. checkblog

checkblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think battery removal will help you. Linux method will help you.

checkblog, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  14. WebSurf

WebSurf Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah It is possible to recover Windows Admin Password by method called Brut Force.
    Once, long back, I used a ulity available on boot-cd to recover a admin password.
    It was a Linux Slackware Boot CD, but, worked successfully on Windows XP admin password recovery which took atleast 10-to-15 minutes.

Most easiest way is to delete Admin Password rather than recovering it, so in a next boot sequence, no password will be asked.
    I guess, Hiren's boot CD has utility to delete admin password, and it is FREE!

WebSurf, Mar 18, 2010 IP
  15. Mable

Mable Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many recovery software nowadays. You can download one from the Internet.

Mable, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  16. bimbimopss

bimbimopss Peon

Best Answers:
    "Hi rent boot CD " is best , u can seacr the newest version of Hirent Boot on google

bimbimopss, Apr 9, 2010 IP
  17. shivendrajha

shivendrajha Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many recovery software nowadays down load the software

shivendrajha, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  18. brandi545ccv

brandi545ccv Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to ask to you a "hiren 's Boo D", is realy worked if its realy worked so please tell how can i safe my pc.

brandi545ccv, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  19. Anglelababy

Anglelababy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are not worried about data lose you can re-install your system directly. If you are, you can use a blank DVD/CD or format USB flash drive to download Anmosoft Windows Password Reset on your friend's pc to create a reset disk. Then you only need insert the created reset disk into your pc and follow the steps to unlock, only 3 steps. For Anmosoft you can learn from:
    http://www.resetwindowspassword.com

Anglelababy, Apr 14, 2014 IP