1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible that what Matt cutts and other google guys say is wrong about SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mirisaamali, Feb 23, 2010.

Hi,

I have been wondering that is it possible that what Matt cutts teaches us about SEO or other Google guys explain us about SEO, is actually not 100% true? I mean is it possible that they are trying to lessen down the competition?

Because i tried following them 100%, and saw major decline in my success. Also i see that when i do otherwise (work not as per their norms) i see success coming in.

For example, Let's take the example of keyword stuffing.
    Having three keywords in the title, repeating them in the content (2% density) and having them in the description of a page is called keyword stuffing. Matt cutts said if we do this, that page goes down and would be disregarded by Google (refer to his blog and his videos on youtube). So he advices that only one keyword should be there in title, and should be present in content and in the description.

When i followed keyword stuffing (the way i described above), i was getting traffic. While now when i follow his advice, the traffic has dropped to pathetic levels!

Any comments guys?

mirisaamali, Feb 23, 2010 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  2. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, as we all know matt cutts have good knowledge about Google and he is always mention which google like and which is not but all seo have their own techniques which they are using in sites for promoting in SERPS I'm not said Mutt Cutts wrong his right, his telling us which he know but i'm always use my own technique in my sites. SEO is the part which google doesn't like so be smart and use that technique which giving you traffic and not counting in Black Hat.

If you are promoting your site with organic & Matt Cutts technique then you have to wait little bit long for result.

Aryans, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  3. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well Matt works at Google for their SEO department, I'd hate to think he's giving out false info... Maybe where you got your information was from an outdated source? Google is known for frequently updating their algorithms, so keeping up with the latest trends is really important.

Ascendancy, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  4. meetali

meetali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Matcutt is from marketing department.He don't know what is happening inside:D(Only Larry Page, Sergey Brin and some top level persons of google only knows top secret.

So he may don't know any special things or secret;)

SEO is against google marketing because it will decrease google advertising ;)

Still google is giving tips to SEO because if they don't give proper guidelines spammers will bring their pages at top and due to this google users will not get exact results
    This may cause people shift to other search engines to find relevant results

meetali, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  5. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you consider Matt Cutt then make sure that he answer globally and never specific. He will answer you your question but never in simple words. What he says cannot be judged yet cannot be ignored.

He never says the exact thing but will make it complicated. Its all upon you how you decide the factors :)

expertofexperts, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  6. mirisaamali

mirisaamali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well the sources are absolutely latest. I keep following this guy regularly and keep changing as per the requirement. so i am pretty sure i am following the latest updates.

7. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    so thats what. It again boils down to the fact that SEO is as per what matt cutts says. So has any other person felt same like me in their experiences?

8. madsane

madsane Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutts is head of webspam, at least get his job right!

Keyword stuffing does not exist, Google just ignores it and looks at the CONTEXT of the words on the page nowadays, and has done for about three years!

So just write good, relevant content and build a ton of links.

madsane, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  9. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    so you mean the having keywords and content written around it should work?

10. rvrabel2002

rvrabel2002 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the lesson learned here is do whatever it takes to get your site listed and ranked. Just because Matt says something today, doesn't mean it will be true tomorrow. Write whats best for your visitor, stop focusing on how you can become #1 and put yourself in the eyes of the visitors. Those who do this will prosper.

rvrabel2002, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  11. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I do believe what they say in regard to on-page factors I do have some serious doubts about what he says regarding links simply because we all have seen so many examples of profile links and the like working like magic in SERPS when, according to Cutts, they should have little to no effect.

MarkAse, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  12. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have suspected things are not always quite what they seem RE this for some time mirisaamali, cant prove anything buy my suspicions have been aroused a couple of times

For example the keyword meta tags statement back in Sept 2009. I have found evidence that only a thing in a keyword meta tag explains as I have some typos in the keyword tag and nowhere else on the site and yet I get found for those typos. So the only obvious explanation is that Google and Googlebot are using my keyword tag to find this typo.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
    Revelations-Decoder, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  13. S_A_W

S_A_W Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is looking out for Google's bottom line, I would take what they say with a few grains of salt!

S_A_W, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  14. maryjoanna

maryjoanna Peon

Best Answers:
    well based on your expereince, if its true then do not follow them, follow what is best for you

maryjoanna, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  15. Jamie_M

Jamie_M Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to follow SEO techniques by the book. Some I found to work, others not so much. I think some techniques work better for some niches more than others. The best thing is to stick with what is working for you.

Jamie_M, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  16. mirisaamali

Best Answers:
    But this shouldn't be the case right? I mean if the standard procedure to make it work is one, then other way should not work. I mean this means there is whole lot of discrepancy out there in Search Engine algorithms!

mirisaamali, Feb 24, 2010 IP