1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It's o.k. to make $5.35/hr with Google Adsense!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by LOLMOM, Aug 25, 2006.

1. artsky

artsky Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

artsky, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  2. Munna

Munna Guest

Best Answers:
    Its ok information but if you went about it properly you would not do this anyway. Its not the amout of pages you have it the quality of pages that you have. A well choosen niche, good unique content, ad-placement, a SOE stratigy, and thought out traffic sources is the key to adsense sucess in my opinion.

Munna, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  3. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:
    Good reply Munna.
    Could you talk a bit about "thought out traffic sources" ?

tyggemannen, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  4. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought it was a good article too. I'd already worked out that I could earn more money at work than by using AdSense but never mind. It's paying for the site and the broadband connection so I'm not complaining.

Trisha, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  5. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    To all you people who think this is a good article: Please explain to me why you think so. All I see in that article is some stupid calculation that's not even based in the real world.

Icheb, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  6. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:

Agreed. There are so many variables he is either missing or flat out ignoring for it to be considered relevant.

However, if all of you are content with your hosting costs being paid and that's it, then far be it from me to telll you otherwise... :cool:

sd2001, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  7. LOLMOM

LOLMOM Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, for me, I honestly didn't consider whether the calculations were right or wrong. I just thought it was a good article to put things into perspective for me.

I wondered how lots of people are making so much with Google Adsense and know that I'm just a beginner and will learn with time. I also am learning how important targetted traffic is to your site and therefore to the chance that they will click on ads you may have on site.

It's such a slow process for someone who has limited knowledge on marketing and limited money to advertise so as to get that targetted traffic quickly. I know that you can advertise in lots of free places and also that contributing to forums (related to your site) and adding your site to vertical portals and other types of directories helps. It has helped me anyway. I also know how importang SEO is for free traffic.

Anyway, that's part of why I thought it was a good article. The idea that I could make $5 an hour just with GA reassures me and gives me more of a goal to look to reaching.

Liz

p.s. thanks for the props tyggemannen :cool:

LOLMOM, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  8. Icheb

Icheb Peon

Best Answers:
    You didn't answer my question. How is this a good article? If I need reassurances that some goal is possible, I look at all the other thousands of threads here in this forum. All you do is set some premise, perform a small calculation and then fill the article up with pointless stuff.

Icheb, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  9. LOLMOM

LOLMOM Peon

Best Answers:
    Icheb:

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I gave my reasons for my thought that it's a good article in my last entry.

The article gives "several" different opinions on making money with adsense.

I personally enjoyed reading those different perspectives.

LOLMOM, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  10. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    The idea of churning out Z sites with X pages to make Y income seems kinda MFAish and doesn't really work too well in practice. Building a few very well established high ranking sites is the way to go. And you dont need too many pages either. Some sites rank very well and have great traffic with maybe 100 or so pages. Most people cant write 1000 of content so they use content generators which fill the searhc engines with crap before going into the supplemental index. JMHO.

IamNed, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  11. cyanyde

cyanyde Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry it took me awhile to reply. I was battling server problems for the past week. All resolved now and its up again. I ride a 6'4" short board. I'm looking into getting another 6'0". Keeping my fingers crossed on my adsense revenue! Best place to surf in Malaysia is along the beaches facing the South China Sea, so that means it's on the east coast of west Malaysia (peninsula), And west coast of East Malaysia (borneo)!... get me?

cyanyde, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Gotcha, I'll have to see if we can get in on some action - at a newbies beach, I doubt I'm up to the big stuff anymore ;)

sarahk, Sep 3, 2006 IP
    cyanyde likes this.
  13. uberman

uberman Peon

Best Answers:
    What I did not like about the article aside from the wrong math (should be $7.50 per hr and not $5.35 per hr) is that it is a negative article and does not do much for those who want to succeed in Adsense.
    It is like focusing more on the pitfalls/horrors of starting a business rather than on how to succeed. Fundamentally, earthmen need HOPE (though not FALSE HOPE) and HELP :D

uberman, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  14. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It just seems realistic to me...gives noobs a reality check that AdSense isn't free money ;)

Tyler Banfield, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  15. Vexious

Vexious Peon

Best Answers:
    good read imo

Vexious, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  16. tyggemannen

tyggemannen Guest

Best Answers:
    Right on Tyler.

tyggemannen, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  17. dbonline

dbonline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks a bunch for posting that tyggemannen!! very good article, especially for me being new to the Google Adsense scene

dbonline, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  18. way2income

way2income Peon

Best Answers:
    Me too, I liked those lines, and would also like to add a few more " dont fall for gimmics the michael cheney's and the joel comm's dish out" its going to empty your pockets and fill their already over balloning wallets!

Making a living out of google adsense is rare unless your a celebrity getting zillions of visitors to your websites :D

way2income, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  19. LegalClipper

LegalClipper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the cool article. It illuminated many things that I'd been thinking myself.

IMHO, the page generator game is dead (and has been for a while). There are easier ways to go about it...it might take time to really figure it out, but they are out there.

Quality sites are the way to go. Who wants to manage 500 crappy sites anyway? I did it, it wasn't fun, and didn't make much money. Also, depending on the market, affiliate links sometimes beat Ad$en$e anyway.

Though, must say, the page generator thing was a great learning experience for a whole bunch of different reasons..

:)

LegalClipper, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  20. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Says the guy pimping a website called "way2income.com" in his posts on his 4th post. :rolleyes:

sd2001, Sep 4, 2006 IP