1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best SEO book?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by emil2k, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    There are tons of good blogs about seo, but I haven't seen one that has as much good info and has been updated as frequently for such a long time as Aaron's has.

Blogmaster, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  2. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    bacanze, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  3. ReLaX

ReLaX Peon

Best Answers:
    thnks bacanze

ReLaX, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That's an affiliate doorway page to Aaron's book.

Blogmaster, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  5. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Narrow your search ;) you have to help your selves. All books have basic informations. Here are something which help you.

Search the web with: "The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine"
    Matt's Blog - A storehouse for informations
    Search Engine Watch - They never missed any thing

You are done! ;)

sipltech, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  6. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually it's kinda sad in a way. I've given away almost a hundred copies of the SEO Tutor© optimization book to newbies and intermediates alike and with a few exceptions, the message is always the same, "I don't want to do any real work; I just want to get rich fast."

Most of the time their operation consists of:

* no research
    * no product
    * no creativity
    * nothing original
    * no game plan
    * no conversion strategy
    * no real thoughts of what they even want to do

It's incredible - 50% of the people I send an e-book copy to don't even read it all - and we're not talking about a 300 page PDF file - the SEO Tutor© is an easy to navigate HTML ebook with about 25 pages of condensed information, tools, templates, calculators and references.

I hear complaints about how the book has extra pages that are not about SEO and "where are the secrets to make me rich?" - etc., etc. The extra pages include crucial information and tips for site conversion, how to create a mission statement, how to write great website content, 30+ alternate marketing strategies and more. This is data any "webmaster" must know to be successful.

Many people are in such a hurry to get back to a forum and how ask how to add a meta tag that they competely miss the hand-picked list of 250+ directories inside the SEO Tutor© ebook - all sortable by niche, price, ratings, free or paid, etc.

If the newbie trying to learn SEO calculates his or her time as being worth just $0.10 an hour, comparatively the energy required to interact in forums, read on-line articles, read this, research that and then experiment with their website, without any doubt they will have spent far more than the small price for our SEO book - or anyone else's for that matter.

Why waste precious time (and time equals money) and energy when one could get an SEO guide, read it and the apply themselves and their new skills faster and far more efficiently?

Question:
    If the beginner to SEO isn't willing to even read the fastest, most efficient and easiest to navigate optimization guide on planet earth, how in the heck are they ever gonna read a PDF with hundreds of pages on everything from the history of the Internet to boasting about some author's profits?

SEO Tutor©, Aug 31, 2006 IP
    corinaw likes this.
  7. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    Different businesses have different business models. Is a free information guide that upsells you on hundreds of dollars worth of stuff worth more than paying for something that does not aim to hard sell up sell you on other stuff?

In some case a price that is too high will scare away good customers.

In some cases a price that is too low will scare away good customers and just about guarantee you will attract many of the worst customers.

Controlling the expectation of value and using a price point that filters out bad customers are important concepts to understand if you want to help people.

>If the beginner to SEO isn't willing to even read the fastest, most efficient and easiest to navigate optimization guide on planet earth, how in the heck are they ever gonna read a PDF with hundreds of pages on everything from the history of the Internet to boasting about some author's profits?

Maybe they trust and value one more than the other? For example, I wouldn't be likely to put a copyright symbol in a forum post unless I was making a joke or trying to set off a b/s alert.

I wanted to make my book free long ago, but I don't think people would put the effort into reading it unless it has some tangible cost.

One more tip....customer complaints are typically going to be more valid if they are from people who paid for your product than those who got it free. Like the people who say "don't buy an seo book all you need is on seo forums" are not the people I want to try to sell to. It is easier to go with the way people are thinking rather than trying to apply an external force to try to change someone else's mind.

awall19, Sep 3, 2006 IP
    corinaw likes this.
  8. tpn87

tpn87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to give a vote for Aarons SEO Book. If you are just starting out it's a godsend. Easily worth the $80 he charges for it.

tpn87, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  9. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you giving me "advice" on pricing and perceived value, or just re-affirming your own ideas? I think you might have gotten the wrong impression that my ebook is free; I gave away a few copies to help some people out and to get some user feedback. SEO Tutor© is copyrighted and I'm proud of that; my username is sort of a brand.

The point I was making is that people waste far more time asking elementary questions in a forum than what they'd pay for an ebook, whether it's SEO Tutor© or your SEO Book; it would be far more cost-effective to buy a course and save a lot of valuable time. Mine just happens to cost less.

Look, I've read your ebook and personally I feel it's rather long and drawn out - I'm not saying it doesn't have good information cause it does - I just think that for the average newbie looking for some solid and quick information on SEO, my ebook does a better job; course I may be a bit biased. :)

Since I'm a working SEO with many clients, I really haven't had the time to promote SEO Tutor© as much as I'd like - it's a project in progress. My target market is newcomers to the Web and search engine optimization in general - though the tutorial covers other areas I consider important as well.

As for complaints - the only ones I've had so far were from people who assume the ebook is going to make them an instant millionaire. Those who comment otherwise offer nothing but praise for the tutorial along with their suggestions for more features.

However, since I secure the ebook by password access, one guy did remark he didn't like the cloak-and-dagger security. Then again, software programs, credit card purchases, even this forum all require some sort of security measures; without it, the ebook would be passed around like an old magazine; that and the fact I believe my ebook is easier to navigate is one of the main reasons I avoided PDF format.

In any event, thanks for your opinions; I'm sending you a free copy to evaluate for yourself. There's a link at bottom of the ebook's pages where you can send your testimonial. :D

SEO Tutor©, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  10. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    >There's a link at bottom of the ebook's pages where you can send your testimonial.

that is a good idea. I should do that with mine. you learn something new everyday ;)

>Are you giving me "advice" on pricing and perceived value, or just re-affirming your own ideas? I think you might have gotten the wrong impression that my ebook is free

the way you wrote about it gave the perception that it was free (even if it had another pricepoint).

>SEO Tutor© is copyrighted and I'm proud of that; my username is sort of a brand.

but would the brand spread further if you didn't use the © in your post text?

awall19, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  11. Dabs

Dabs Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm new. I'd like a free copy too. =)

Edit: Books are a way into someone else's mind.

Dabs, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  12. Shah Bandar

Shah Bandar Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know about books, but I can tell you that, Digitalpoint and Google have everyhing you want..

Shah Bandar, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  13. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny, I don't get the impression my ebook is free from the post; guess it depends on how the reader interprets another's writing. I do strive to be clear.

As for the copyright symbol, it's used to differentiate SEO Tutor© from the common word usage as a noun, or verb; as well as from the several individuals I've noticed referring to themselves as the/a "seo tutor." Such a distinction also emphasizes the tutorial's uniqueness and can only help further the "brand" and add value.

Actually the © is of slight significance; more noteworthy is the ebook's ability to stand on it's own merits as a quality information product; which incidentally it must do quite well since sales are picking up, and with minimum promotion. I guess the word's starting to get out.

Oh well, gotta run; ton of emails to answer. Still waiting on your testimonial! :rolleyes:

SEO Tutor©, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  14. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    010081, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  15. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Good point, Aaron. And a good piece of information to evaluate in choosing between the two ebooks. Even putting a space between Tutor and © would seem to be an imporvement.

minstrel, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  16. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm confused; how does adding a space between the word Tutor and a copyright © symbol help anyone choose between the two ebooks, or define a tutorial's ability to educate the reader on SEO?

minstrel, I'm also bemused by your conflicting remarks; with all due respect, in another DP thread you recommend Aaron Wall's SEO Book, but in the same breath you admit you haven't read it. Can you explain the discrepancy?

17. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Check the date on that other thread. I have a copy of SEO Book and I have read it.

I also don't think you are doing your credibility any favors by trying to boost your ebook over Aaron Wall's by slamming his.

minstrel, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  18. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I see the 2005 date; I was referring to your comments that you had not read it at the time you recommended it. As for slamming Aaron Wall's SEO Book, I don't see where I've done that; to the contrary, I give my personal opinion; so your comment is unfounded. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a little healthy competition, is there?

Regardless, I'd still like to know why you think a person interested in learning about search engine optimization would not purchase the SEO Tutor© because of its copyright symbol. Can you humor me? I'd really like to hear why you think this has anything to do with value, perceived or otherwise.

Thanks.

The SEO Tutor©

19. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    via an unsolicited email a friend of mine (who even posted that he just got back from a vaction touring Europe with me) recently got:

INTRODUCING: SEO _____©

Hello:

I'm writing because I saw your comment on Aaron Wall's
    seobook.com site and I wanted you to be one of the first to
    have a copy of our new tutorial. It's an ebook that details
    search engine optimization and website promotion.

Please consider sending us your feedback, or if possible,
    writing a brief review, or testimonial for SEO _____©.

Without any obligation, here's your unique download link:

http://seo_____.net/gift/getGift.php?key=(keycode)

Please enjoy - and thank you for this opportunity to contact you.

Regards,

The SEO _____
    http://www.seo_____.net/

P.S.

Our tutorial is geared toward the beginner to intermediate levels.
    Very affordable -- it's the ideal solution for anyone wanting to
    learn more about search engine optimization and web promotion.

Keep in mind the ebook only works on Windows powered PC's.

awall19, Sep 18, 2006 IP
  20. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    I contacted a couple of disgruntled seobook customers, one as follows:

Aaron

Bought the ebook a week ago - imho, the book is too overwhelming for a beginner like me. I gave up. So if you are re doing the book, please think of us beginners.

Fraser on September 16, 2006 11:24 AM

=====

Does it look like I'm trying to be deceptive? I was totally honest in the email and explained myself perfectly.

However, you prefer dragging dirty laundry out for the neighbors to see -- trying to discredit me. Well since your site and its positions are largely built upon spam (and you know it), I have literally hundreds of examples where you've done exactly the same thing (and worse). Would you like for me to post them here? Stop being a crybaby Aaron.

SEO Tutor©, Sep 18, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.