1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Firefox vs IE Differences?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mjblake, Feb 13, 2010.

1. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I showed you that Microsoft denies this, please show where Microsoft states this. Please back up your claim.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  2. danniboi33

danniboi33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am with you on the part of IE sucks, but that does not change the fact that people will continue to use them. We tell our clients to use FF, Chrome, or Safari over IE all the time. However, even with that said, when I build their sites, I still have to make it look good and function in all 4 of them.

danniboi33, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with that and have never said otherwise.

4. rive0108

rive0108 Peon

Best Answers:
    Correct. I made a mistake...hit the "zero" twice instead of once and didnt catch it;);)

I did a "rough" calculation in my head and it should have been 10 million +

Fixed.

rive0108, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  5. rive0108

rive0108 Peon

Best Answers:
    http://research.microsoft.com/pubs/79655/gazelle.pdf

If the 'release dates" hold true it will probably be part of the next version of Windows "Windows 8" (2012), or released as an "update" shortly thereafter.

There is already a "working" version of the "gazelle" browser (aka "alpha" prototype)
    In case you are confused, contrary to what it is you think, a "working" prototype browser "that...realizes Gazelle’s multi-principal OS architecture" is essentially a 'functional' and usable "product" that is in a "alpha" stage.

As such, it is therefore a "tangable" browser...one that 'exists'.;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    No. Only you are calling it an "alpha prototype". Microsoft only calls it a prototype and a research project. This is a project in a lab where things are never called "alpha" or "beta". Those terms are only used for products. Nowhere will you find Microsoft talking about Gazelle as a product that will be released and making up names for it on your own doesn't change anything.

7. rive0108

rive0108 Peon

Best Answers:

Ahhh...but you would be wrong with that assumption ;)

Perhaps you dont know what "alpha" means....

"please note the words 'sucessfully', 'tested', and '...production implementation'. She is saying this alpha build is almost ready for product implementation (i.e., incorporation into an Operating System)....just gotta be able to read in between the lines ;)
    Research and developers usually dont release sucessful testing "papers" to the scientific and Computer science/educational communities, until the product is pretty much ready for release/implementation. Just alittle bit of info there for you :)

Notice who recieved this "paper"
    As for MS keeping "mum" on the whole "gazelle" issue. Do you really expect any different? There is probably a tight security lid on the thing....espionage and all is rampant in that tech sector. MS will protect its own.

But of course you must be right, its not "alpha" because those terms arent used in software testing, and MS isnt announcing it to the world's end-users...
    MS is just gonna spend all this time and money in research and development, make a "prototype", engage it sucessfully in the first phase of testing...and where it passes with satisfactory results.....but never release it....

Sure.....ok then. Good luck with that belief, hope it serves you well in life ;)

Futher note-
    when this does occur, by design, it will kill or render problematic any other third party browser- especially if the O/S is designed around "gazelle". It will effectively "kill" FF, Chrome, Safari, and all the other add-on browsers.

------------------------------
    I am willing to bet this "gazelle" will be incorporated in the next major Windows release code named "Windows 8", which is slated for tenative release in 2012. They will probably build the whole operating system around "gazelle". Even an idiot could figure that out...then again, maybe not...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers: