1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The $15,000 Challenge!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dan, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Signed up, may be interesting :D

terryuk, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  2. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    :D

Don't get me wrong; I'm aware that there's always some sort of motivation behind every action, be it to gain respect, build your profile, make money, or just plain and simple, to fuel the ego, but to be honest, I don't really care what his motivation is. He could be trying to build a webmaster list, or just trying to win a bet, either way, I know that I'm getting a valuable lesson in viral marketing and launching a new product.

I just don't understand why we can't give the guy a break, and accept that whatever the motivation or cost turns out to be, it's a small price to pay for what we're getting in return!

Dan, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  3. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree you guys have to stop thinking everyone is out to get you, his blog is totally clean from any advertisment except one affiliate link which has a huge warning attached to it so i dont see what the problem is...and if u dont wanna give ur real email do what lots of us do, make a fake email up just for this kind of stuff ;p

Seiya, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  4. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    No worries Dan just a joke. We are all adults here. If we sign-up for something it is at our own peril.

aeiouy, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    That depends though. If you are reading his blog and trying to learn from that, you are not really learning the lesson in viral marketing. The expirement is the tool to create the motivation and ultimately the intended profit. I just want to make sure people are watching the right thing if they want to learn.

The lesson here is not how you can make money spamming Myspace crafters with a pre-existing ebook. It is how you can make money talking about spamming MySpace crafters with a pre-existing ebook. Those who understand the distinction will likely learn something valuable from this. Those who run out and create Myspace lists and sign up for the niche site, probably will not.

aeiouy, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  6. Darkhodge

Darkhodge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  7. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:

I have to disagree... I think that there are two equally valuable lessons;

1. I believe he will make the $15k with his stated agenda of marketing to crafters, and the way he's going about it is a real eye-opener (for me at least).
    2. I don't believe his primary motivation is to somehow get-one-over on us internet marketers, but the viral methods he's using to promote the challenge and hence raise his own profile are also fascinating.

Dan, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  8. ActiveFarming

ActiveFarming Active Member

Best Answers:
    People need to stop complaining. Lets see what he can do. I've found it encouraging so far myself...

ActiveFarming, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  9. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    As I said earlier there are almost no crafts products in EasyNicheProducts. Dan came to my blog and asking what my problem was...there are products there to sell...well just not the ones you say

Main part and reason of his blog is about telling how and what he does and that is why I started following him. I think aeiouy is right...if you want to learn from this do not think it is a howto in the way he wants you to believe but it's a nice lesson in how to get people to your site where you talk about how to make money and build a emaillist.

I am realy disappointed about this because I truely thought it was a way to realy learn how to startup the right way.

Edynas, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  10. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:

Whether he's just trying to build a list and a reputation, or actually doing what he says he's doing, he'd be extremely unlikely to fail to create a product in the way he says he's going to, as that would be counter-productive on both fronts! Depending on what you believe that would either mean he didn't have a product to market to 'crafters', or he'd loose credibility to internet marketers... That just doesn't make any sense!

Why not just reserve judgement for 3 or 4 days, when according to his schedule, he should have completed the product?

Dan, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  11. legal-nurse-consultant

legal-nurse-consultant Peon

Best Answers:
    The game is on.

legal-nurse-consultant, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  12. fuzzi90

fuzzi90 Peon

Best Answers:
    the guy does his work really fine, its a hard bed 15000 in one month, sounds a bit like the senseless 1234567 $ club (1-2-3-4-5-6-7.org). there they try to make 1234567$ out of nothing -but I think thats more an experiment. However nice Idea

fuzzi90, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  13. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

1. How will you ever know if he did anything he said he did. Especially realized a $15k profit. I am already telling you that will be the result, because the whole thing doesn't work if it is not the result.

Who is going to follow the advice and pay a failure for their tips on making money?

Sorry, but I continue to remain skeptical. Perhaps it is an eye-opener to you, but I have no expectation of any actual proof being presented when he is succesful. Likely the only way such a burden of proof could have been met would have been with a completely outside entity duing a full audit and monitoring of the entire process. Since we know that is not going to happen... it comes across more as fiction than anything else.

aeiouy, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  14. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one then.

Personally, I see no conspiracy here, and I have no reason to doubt the plausibility of the challenge or Mr Raine's integrity!

Dan, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  15. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is the problem. I'm sure I'm not alone in never having heard of Dan Raines before this challenge, so for me he has no previous reputation. And we all know how easy it is to Photoshop Adsense cheques and the like.

The approach he's taking seems to be quite blackhat - spamming MySpace with fake profiles. And he is teaching people how to do it convincingly. I'm starting to wonder how many people on that site are "real", and how many are the products of the spammers fevered marketing attempts. If people start posting convincing fake profiles, we will never know.

Obelia, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  16. svajdlenka

svajdlenka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't mind if he will realize $15k or not. It is a very good ad for him. He is making his name (brand) only for $150 a month. Not bad business.

svajdlenka, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  17. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check out the blog; he's just made a post that clears up how he intends to go about the challenge.

I know there are a lot of skeptics out there, but his plan seems sound to me!

Dan, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  18. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    At the end of all of this he is going to try and sell *An Inside Resource* on exactly how he chose his paths, and what he did etc etc, to all of you guys.

an0n, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  19. Dan Raine

Dan Raine Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope you are are also wrong there...

Dan

Dan Raine, Sep 4, 2006 IP
  20. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curious Dan, what is your stake in this? You are defending this project more than the owner of the blog. Do you get a cut of the profits? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

SonicReducer, Sep 4, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.