1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Now you can earn from your Swiki

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by wissam, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Sullmoney

Sullmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am wondering the same. It seems google likes swickis we just need to figure out the best way to drive traffic.

Sullmoney, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  2. cyprus2k1

cyprus2k1 Peon

Best Answers:
    anybody got a answer from eureskter yet? as long as there is that "compare results to google" button , its illegal to put adsense :(

so lets keep contacting eureskter :)

cyprus2k1, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  3. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha I though yoiu are smart enough to understand that when someone search for "Make money with adsense" on google and you have that keyword in your Swiki, your swiki will show on the result page, I am glade that I am the only one who make the maximum out of Swiki, come on Beat me and build a niche Swiki ... UI have a very rare keywords on my Swiki , thats why it show a lot on google when someone search for them, also take the keywords from your Swiki buzz cloud as HTML and put them in your blogs ...ect like I did in my anime video blog this way you will get high traffic in both, your swiki and blogs or sites, I labeled them under "Most Wanted", check my Swiki page rank .... it's 3/10 and thats good for a Swiki ...

wissam, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  4. Ithilnet

Ithilnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah wissam you are right, the secret is to build niche swickis with thousands of keywords nobody is competing for. Guys, check google for the keyword '(keyword deleted, sorry wissam!)', who is the number 1? Our friend wissam here. Probably there aren't so many searches for this keywords but if you rank in the top ten of the three search engines for hundreds of keywords you will receive a lot of visitors without spending a cent.
    Choose a topic, generate tons of keywords with tools like http://inventory.overture.com/, put them on your buzz clouds list and wait the visitors. Easy and cooool
    A big THANK YOU to wissam for sharing.
    Regards
    Marco

Ithilnet, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  5. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are all welcome ... grrr you took one of my best keywords Marco V_V , you better don't use my keywords guys lol

wissam, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  6. Ithilnet

Ithilnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Wooops! Just edited, my apologies!

Ithilnet, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  7. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you ^^ ... you are a smart guy I wish that I can have bussiness with guys that respect others like you ...

wissam, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  8. Sullmoney

Sullmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How come it says I have had 84 searches today on a $3,000 swicki, but adsense only shows 1 impression?

Also how long does it typically take for google to index a swicki assuming you submitted it to google?

Can someone please help me?

Sullmoney, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  9. Ithilnet

Ithilnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Be sure to get a few good links. I never submit my sites to google, I get a pr7 link and my website is indexed in few days.

Ithilnet, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  10. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's another great tip, in fact I started to think that Swiki is taking more then 50 per cent, my earnings on swiki is going down every single day .....from 10 a day into 6.5 a day ....what the "beeep" is going on ....

wissam, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  11. Ithilnet

Ithilnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhm they can't take more than 50% of your earnings, it is against their policy. Let me tell you my theory..
    The fact is, they don't take half of the earnings but they place their ads for half of the time on your swicki, these are two different things.
    My theory is: you probably are earning less because they changed the hours their ad is running. For example if your visitors are from the US and their ad is on your swicki during the day and your ad is running during the night obviously you earn less than eurekster because during the day there are more visitors browsing the internet.
    Of course wissam this is only a theory and I can be wrong.
    Just a question, is your traffic always the same?
    Last word, sorry for my bad english but I'm italian and I'm still learning.
    Regards
    Marco

Ithilnet, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  12. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know that my dear I mean that they show thier ads more then my ads ...
    My traffic is growing everyday because my pages are moving to the top of search engines results .....

wissam, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  13. Ithilnet

Ithilnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Any news about the 'compare to google' option?

Ithilnet, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  14. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They don't even check that Email ....Google can't ban people for that anyway it's not our fault ...

wissam, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  15. Ithilnet

Ithilnet Peon

Best Answers:
    And before banning us they have to ban eurekster, their ads are in the same page.

Ithilnet, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  16. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In fact Adsense love Swiki because it generate a lot of clean clicks with no cheating at all, it is the "allowed by google version of MFA" that we was always waiting for ...so they wont ban as in my openion ..

wissam, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  17. cyprus2k1

cyprus2k1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its weekend, so maybe thats why we didnt got a reply yet.
    about the google , yes its true that they would have to ban eureskter too, but i dont think they would hesitate just because it would affect someone more "big"(eureskter) than a normal user.
    also is each user responsibility to put the adsense where you want, when you are putting in the swicki, you know that you are putting adsense in a framed page with google results.
    Well i just hope that eureskter gives us the option to take that button out so we can use adsense. anyway there are plently of options and utilities for a swicki other than adsense ;)

cyprus2k1, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  18. cyprus2k1

cyprus2k1 Peon

Best Answers:
    i was just writing this on how i was TRYING to hide the button, but as i was writing i found the solution!!! new post right up!

cyprus2k1, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  19. Ithilnet

Ithilnet Peon

Best Answers:
    And I see eurekster is working to offer a lot of new option and services for our swickis.
    Hopefully in the swicki advertising program YPN will be soon available.
    In addition it seems eurekster cares about comments and tips from the users (we are in the 2.0 world) and if we all send them an email I think they will remove soon the compare to google button or simply let us choose on the control panel if we want this option or not.

Ithilnet, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  20. Ithilnet

Ithilnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Man let us know as soon as possible!

Ithilnet, Sep 3, 2006 IP