1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I HATE Fatcow hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by cluongo18, Jan 13, 2010.

Im probably one of the few who says this, but I hate them with a passion.

Yea its cheap hosting, but I guess you get what you pay for.
    1) The custom Cpanel is annoying as hell.
    2) The live support IS fast, but 3/4 of the time after chatting for 15 minutes, and making me wait "3 minutes" then "5 minutes" then "3 minutes" until they tell me theyre going to have to create a support ticket and ill get an answer in 24 hours, I still get no resolution to my problems.
    3) I create a support ticket, about a recurring problem and every time they claim its been fixed. It hasnt.

This is the last straw, their database scripts have issues running. Slow loading times, random servers being down, its simply not acceptable. I created a new support ticket demanding the issue becomes fixed, or I want my money back for my remaining months of hosting. (haha, I would have made it an urgent support submission, but you have to purchase "premium" support ticket services..what a joke)

Maybe you had good experiences with them, but right now I'm raging against them and have been.

cluongo18, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  2. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No wonder why they are not popular or a well known. Once I'd checked them coz it seems they have a nice hosting affiliate program. Didn't see any positive reviews about them.

bluearrow, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  3. Virtuous_Host

Virtuous_Host Peon

Best Answers:
    Live support for most hosts are gimmicks. No host is going to give you thorough support via live chat.

Virtuous_Host, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  4. cluongo18

cluongo18 Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone know if theres a way to get my money back for the remaining months I have left? I have never had such a crappy host in my life. Crappy crappy crappy.

cluongo18, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  5. fierceservers

fierceservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Do they give any guarantee or have a refund policy?
    I don't quite understand what you mean, why wouldn't a host provide support through live chat? That's what its there for. Of course there is the privacy issue, ask confirming questions to authorize the account and help the customer out!

fierceservers, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  6. chimpysmith

chimpysmith Member

Best Answers:
    Been there done that, worst service ever.

chimpysmith, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  7. premwithme

premwithme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i can't accept this. i know many host you give solution in live support and they don't ask you to create a ticket for that. Well asking to wait in that happens, they may chat with more than one in any given time or look for solution to your problem.

premwithme, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  8. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    You mean to tell me this is just one fat cow you dont care for?

ZilaHost, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  9. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They are all a same company as powweb , ipower all the users of these companies face similar issues

Bohra, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  10. ninetyseven

ninetyseven Guest

Best Answers:
    Well,I am a fatcow client from 6 months and is very happy with their service.No problems for me so far

ninetyseven, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  11. whw

whw Peon

Best Answers:
    I am with fatcow for many months and like them.I recommend it to all my friends

whw, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  12. cottonian_2005

cottonian_2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    Stay away from fatcow hosting. They appear to be good and feature rich but their hosting is a total disaster. I too have had a bad experience and left it soon after joining it. I wrote a series of posts regarding my experience with them and how i got my money back. Here is the url to the first one http://www.techvorm.com/transcript-of-chat-with-fatcow-support.html
    Hope it is useful to you.

cottonian_2005, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  13. suh

suh Peon

Best Answers:
    Fatcow Hosting Can Be Used For Wordpress And Basic Portfolio Websites.

Fatcow Has Some Good Features But People Just Rushed Out And Never Look into Them.

But i am Wondering why People Still stuck with GoDaddy Since They have No Cpanel.

First Of All Fatcow Is A Web Hosting Which Has Lot Of Customers. They Have Some Policies They Work Only According to that.

Also You Can Buy Premium Support If You Are Urgent With Your Problems. Premium Support Gives You Solution For All your Problems And In Premium Support They Do all Craps For You.

I Still Recommend Fatcow Hosting For Those Who Need Reliable And Cheap WebHosting Solution For Their Portfolio or Blog.

Thank's

suh, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  14. cluongo18

cluongo18 Member

Best Answers:
    I know exactly how you feel with their support. Which post has the information on how you got your money back?

cluongo18, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  15. neovision

neovision Peon

Best Answers:
    Well Fatcow is one of the worst web host I have ever seen, even worst than free web hosting sites :( Slow load times and many feature restrictions. Even a Wordpress blog does not work properly in Fatcow. I also have a hosting in Ipower. They are totally the same, since they are the same company. :( I am thinking to move to some other host

neovision, Feb 15, 2010 IP