1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The $15,000 Challenge!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dan, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dial_w

dial_w Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone here actually tried the easy niche product he suggests? If so, what is your impression of it?

dial_w, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  2. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    I signed up at the site he suggested. Just today I made a comment on my blog, his blog and in the tread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=134358 about the topics because I could not find 1 theme about crafts. He says there's more then just the theme's and that is true but what they have besides 3 theme's monthly worked out into a ebook and adsense website is a page with I think 100-150 products like Yogalessons101, popup script generator and Niche Power pack part3....

I am a member for just 2 days and have access since yesterday so maybe I am judging to fast but....Overall I am not impressed with the niche products site but that's I guess also because I compare them with a bit more expensive one (Nicheproductsmonthly)

Edynas, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  3. Dan Raine

Dan Raine Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all mate i am not endorsing ENP, but I am using them for the sales element of my viral project.. there are plenty of products there.

Dan

Dan Raine, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  4. Dan Raine

Dan Raine Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree

Don't sign up for the list... just go straight to the blog... not really rocket science is it?

Jeez, stop moaning...

Dan

5. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    It's quite amazing to see people go on about how it's just a marketing stunt...even if it is...(relax..we are all marketers aren't we?;))...you might actually learn something.

AnaB, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  6. Wyla

Wyla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This sounds like an interesting experiment. I'm following it closely ;-)

Wyla, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  7. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL before I get the URL of the blog I signup first.... but I use my email that intend for this kind of sites...

PinoyIto, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  8. Dan Raine

Dan Raine Peon

Best Answers:
    nothing wrong with that...

Dan

9. 121603

121603 Peon

Best Answers:
    it also have been mentioned in this thread, so you really don't have to sign up. I am quite interested in this. Let's see how he will do it. :)

121603, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  10. Dan Raine

Dan Raine Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, so you lot have a big issue here... if you don't want to sign up then go straight to the blog... apart from that I am really not sure what the problem is... ?

Dan

11. Duality

Duality Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True. Don't sign up if you don't want to. I've posted this on 3 forums already :D

Duality, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  12. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    To all da morons that love to complain...Click my Recent Blog link. I will not get your E-mail address when you click da link!!!!!!

If any one else wants to have the guys blog in your Recent Blog link, use

http://www.15kchallenge.com/blog/feed/

Nintendo, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  13. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a great lesson on viral, people. If you want to see the power of viral, watch this thing. I dont think he's using a current mail list- looks like he is using myspace to get his product sold, while farming emails to build a nice, fat opt in list.
    Cant bitch about this people- either do something, or watch and learn.

All thru history, there have been the "do'ers", and the watchers. :cool:

BrianJump, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  14. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey bold man, I requested to be your friend in your real (I suppose) myspace account and haven't been approved yet?

Again you got a great idea here, I think many should follow.

EJRaven, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  15. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly....and there's been winners and whiners.

AnaB, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    It probably will just end up being a spam fest, but if it is, we can just take it out on Dan here who posted about it and brought it to everyone's attention. :)

By the way it is clear what the real motivation is, but I am curious to see how it turns out.

Although I can already tell you he will be wildly succesful.. because.. well we have no way of verifying otherwise. So when all is said and done his 30 day plan where he has done nothing but prepare to build a MySpace friend list and make some forum posts will turn into 15k in the next 3 weeks, like magic.

I hope you are wildly successful Mr. Raines, because it may be the catalyst to get MySpace spam to a critical mass where MySpace will finally implode an disappear.

Out of curiousity, why did you feel the need to use a squeezepage to share this information with everyone, if as you said, the primary motivation was just the chalelnge of doing it?

Lots of people have done tests and expirements that visit DP, and a lot of them managed to link to their blogs directly. I am just curious as to how much e-mail those specially marked addresses will get from you when this is over, that is all.

It is a free internet, and you can do what you want, it would just be better if you were a bit more honest. I have no doubt your intent is to do this fool-proof challenge, but why not also admit that part of your plan was to use it as a viral-marketing catalyst to make money of all of those you got interested in it. A little honesty there would be refreshing.

For the record I did sign up, I have a jabillion e-mail accounts, and get 10s of thousands of spam already a day. A little more won't bother me... And I am interested in the process. I just wish i could believe i was on the up-and-up. Again we have no way of verifying that you make one dime. In fact you could not be doing any of the things you say and just writing about them in your blog. I don't have a suggestion as an offer of proof, but seems like there might be something that could work.

aeiouy, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  17. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    :eek: ... Yikes!

Dan, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  18. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    On the Competition page:

So signing up IS for nothing like everyone on DP keeps saying. wow, what a git, espessially when he says himself:

Why if the email list is not going to be sold?

Also, what is http://www.wuranga.com/ ??? It's the site that welcomes you to your new email subscription when you join?

http://wuranga.com/reports/googleslap/
    Looking at the blog on the site: http://www.wuranga.com/blog/ is it one of dans mates?

itsall3, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  19. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:

Don't stop now... Dig a bit deeper and I'm sure you'll find that Elvis is alive and well & living at the headquarters of Burger King, and that the moon landings were actually faked from my Nan's back yard!

Dan, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  20. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:

lol, man, if i could -- i'd take it right down to "The Hanso Foundation" and the "DHARMA Initiative" ;)

Not saying im not going to red the 15kchallange, i think its good, just wanted to know who's site it was, or who has the email list.

itsall3, Sep 3, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.