1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Big Thanks to Paypal!

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by dhpd22, Feb 10, 2010.

So apparently it is clear now that the Paypal problem is not actually due to paypal. The problem is due to our corrupt politician system or you can say RBI (they are not happy why we guys are earning online :mad:)

This article clarifies the whole issue -> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/11/business/global/11paypal.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

and now I am damn sure that the issue were created by Indian regularities..

Paypal returned our money back within a week and I am sure they are having some loss due to the whole issue..but still they are great in caring their customers.. Hats Off to Paypal.

I hope you all guys got reimbursement from Paypal. Now share your opinions about how reliable the Paypal is..

Again a big Thanks!

dhpd22, Feb 10, 2010 IP
    dotcompals likes this.
  2. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well why you people blame RBI for this, they have policy and everyone have to follow them, PayPal is nothing special from them, if they have no proper license then Regulator have all rights to ask documents.

Rohit patel, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  3. rathin

rathin Peon

Best Answers:
    without RBI we cant do anything they only make our countrie more more stable even on the economy crisis

rathin, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  4. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    @Rohit patel Yep I agree but you know they should do it in a systematic manner.. due to RBI now a reliable international company's reputation is being ruined over a week and most of the tiny freelancers have no clue what is happening and they are leaving Paypal.. which is I think not at all fair.

dhpd22, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  5. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Well that rule adopted in August 2008 but yet PayPal does not have RBI authorization, so it's PayPal who needs to take permission and they were careless about it. They act adopted 17 months ago so it's enough for RBI to ask them to get clearance.

6. rose21

rose21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    RBI - May good & Reliable .....
    But they should announce properly & give a time frame to paypal
    So that we all aware earlier & we may withdraw money earlier..

But RBI ask to stop within a day is not good....

Because lot of small company & individual are affected by this issue..

IN India if any Politician got affected this means they will solve this issue with in a day..

But they never worry about small company & Individual.

Anyway I hope paypal solve this issue As soon as possible.

Guys we can transfer fund via Xoom meantime it's working , I got payment with in 24 hours to my bank account.

rose21, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  7. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Well if you read Article you will find rule adopted back in 2008 and PayPal had at least 17 months to get clearance but they didn't approached them so RBI just did what they can do.

8. rose21

rose21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well it may true ...but they should announce public so that customer can safe..

rose21, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  9. powerboss

powerboss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry friends, i am getting this doubt on this issue....its better that i am wrong

Is this possible that Obama's strict policies on outsourcing would have made any impact on RBI or Paypal

If RBI authorization was the main issue, RBI or Paypal would have declared this to avoid all confusions.

If Obama's policy against outsourcing is the main cause then i think all online merchants to India will be stopped, not just Paypal.

Waiting for all your thoughts...

powerboss, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  10. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any proof that RBI asked it to provide proof on August 2008? and according to the article on NYtimes it says:-

"The Reserve Bank of India said it asked the company on Jan. 27 to immediately suspend PayPal payments to and from India as well as transfers to local banks in India. PayPal said it complied with the request the next day."

that means they immediately stopped it and I don't think an International company like Paypal can ignore the RBI authorization requests... don't u think?

in the artcle here is the info abt 2008:-

"The act, adopted in August 2008, regulates payment and settlement methods in India. Ms. Killawalla did not provide further details. "

means she didn't provided further info bcz they don't have anything to show..here comes Indian corrupt system.

dhpd22, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  11. miner

miner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal is the best option for us no doubt about it, in comparison with other service providers online now, the only issue with them is no proper communication to their clients and they have to educate their customer service peoples and keep them updated on company issues well ahead, so it reaches to clients in proper way instead of robotic/automatic copy and paste emails...

If payapal has provided clear details of what the problem is and what steps they are working on to solve the issue might have reduced the tension among Indian users...

Hope they improve in future...

miner, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  12. silent_thunder

silent_thunder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Man you believe an American newspaper reporting about an American company? But don't have the faith your countries own system..

Good Luck...

silent_thunder, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  13. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I don't have faith in our system as it is full of corrupt politicians.. and corrupt officers I JUST HATE! and FYI Nytimes is not like India TV or our local media which can arise any issue to make big profits..

dhpd22, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  14. rose21

rose21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    IF the reason is obama then I will start to boycott US products in my place
    also encourage Indians to boycott US products ..

Mr.Obama should know this first...
    "There is no JOBS for foreign people in US - It's ok...
    But Why you should prohibit Who are give Jobs to other country people..

If you prohibit Outsource then why should we will use your products..
    We will boycott US products soon,,

So Mr Obama should know this " In this world we everyone depends on each other so we should think everyone business & care everybody otherwise you will get lessons soon.

rose21, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  15. silent_thunder

silent_thunder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are you living USA? If you are living in India its time to move to US. Why stay somewhere were you are not happy.

Instead of just mourning if you feel the system is bad do something about it,

silent_thunder, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  16. myveed

myveed Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes the problem is not our RBI policies and rules.. rules are there for good of everyone, but i think the problem with the speed out govt system functions, they will be very slow to make changes.. if in some other country it took 1 week, in our country it will take months. so theres no other go we have to wait.
    Every one wants $$$s, Even our Govt?

may be RBI is fearing about money unaccounted for or
    or it could be the pressure from large companies in India fearing about loosing works to freelancers.

Hope soon everything will be solved and every one gets benefiited.

myveed, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  17. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    hahah lol I am a bit surprised that a guy who loves corruptness and supports shitty Indian system.

Why should I move to US? Here I have family friends why should I leave all that? Yes I hate Indian corrupt system but that doesn't mean that I ll leave India...

If our freedom fighters would have thoughts like you.. we didn't ever feel the freedom.. We have to fight against it like they fought.. instead of supporting shitty Indian system.. try to c the facts and the truth..

I guess and hope you are not a guy from Politics Family IMO...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    dhpd22, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  18. keerthi143

keerthi143 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We have to Blame both paypal and RBI for this situation, but i support RBI because they have some rule which are hard .. for example if you have done something wrong in DP you will get infratications and you continued it they will ban you ... same as DP, i think RBI have also informed to paypal many times when they didn't responded they have banned that services..

keerthi143, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  19. Rohit patel

Best Answers:
    Well it's not RBI's duty to go each and every company to get information, it's company which has to provide information. You can just understand things Xoom is working perfectly! And all knows RBI have very clean image of working and if you close to stock exchange or banking service then you can understand how they strict on policy.

20. dhpd22

dhpd22 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol I assume you might be right and I assume how strict they are about rules.. you can see how strict they are.. so even after 17 months there were no action taken against paypal :p (according to your facts)

Yeah they are really strict lol..

dhpd22, Feb 10, 2010 IP