1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE 8 is more powerful than firefox?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by tonis, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Like IE, your sites are technically inept, poorly constructed and invalid.
    Again you are making things up. I never said I couldn't. I said extra effort is needed. There are no cross-browser issues. There are only IE issues.
    OK. Here's one: When I send an XML file that gets transformed with XSLT, everything works in every browser, except IE, which ignores child selectors in CSS.

For example:

<menu>
    <breakfast>Eggs</breakfast>
    <lunch>Sandwiches</lunch>
    <dinner>Steak</dinner>
    </menu>

Code (markup):
    The XSLT:

<xsl:for-each select="menu">
    <item><xsl:value-of select="."</item>
    </xsl:for-each>

Code (markup):
    CSS:

menu>item {color:red}

Code (markup):
    That's a simplified example. Why does it work in every browser tested except IE? And, before you ask, yes I do use the XML declarations.

Then it's obvious you have problems with your install since none of us have such an issue. We've gone over this with you so many times in the past and you seem not to learn that this issue is only with you and was solved long ago. Are you still using version 2.0? What add-ons did you install that are giving you so many problems? Like I've tried to tell you, but you do not listen, the issue is with what you did to your system and not Firefox at all. I know this to be true since you didn't read any of the links I sent you, nor did you read the recent link I put either.

Since you're web sites are incompetently marked up, I can only assume your system is built the same way. Don't blame others, corwin.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    drhowarddrfine, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  2. lollyholy

lollyholy Guest

Best Answers:
    firefox more secure then ie 8

lollyholy, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stop embarrassing yourself.

Honestly, do you have any idea how foolish you make yourself look by writing childish rants like that? WHY should anyone take you seriously?

You're not a "Dr", you're a teenager. Stop polluting this discussion. Try to show some self-respect.
    Ah.

You don't have half-a-dozen eggs, you have six?
    I looked at what you displayed. You never mentioned what you are trying to accomplish, and also, I'm very sure that what you are doing is search-engine hostile.

I'd like to suggest that you choose a good server-side scripting language and create an array instead. It's easier to code, it will solve your problems, and it's a lot more SEO secure .

You are having problems because you are using the wrong technology for whatever it is you are trying to do. It's easy with PHP, ASP, etc. but it's hard for XSLT - with the cavet that you never fully explained what the page is doing in the first place.

Look, if you treat web development as a hobby or a crusade like you seem to do, you are, of course, going to create issues for yourself because you do not have a disciplined approach to web design. For example:
    1. What is the goal of the website?
    2. What is your code reuse policy?
    3. Do you have a reusable navigation structure?
    4. How do you justify non-reusable code?

As a PROFESSIONAL web developer, everything I do is SEO optimized. Add to that my websites were started in 1996, it's laughingly unfair how affectionate Google is to my websites. A link from me guarantees your website's success. Can you make the same claim? I doubt it.
    You're rantng a bit here, so it took me some time to figure out just what it is you are referring to. It's Firefox gulping too much memory.

First of all, your assertion that it's my install is too silly to consider. You don't know my computer OR my install, and since we already decided a long time ago I have more experience than you, then the matter is settled.

Second, isn't claiming I didn't read any of the links you sent me is OPENLY dishonest on your part? Isn't it blatantly childish for YOU to claim what *I* did or did not do? Again, you are behaving like an immature teenager and can't be taken seriously.

Last, I suggest you go to www.google.com and type in

firefox uses

and you will see Google easily complete your query by completing the sentance with:

firefox uses too much memory

It's a common issue that is by design. Why? Because Firefox caches five (three?) pages IN RAM for each open tab. And if the page is big and bulky (like Yahoo or Amazon), RAM is permanently reserved until you restart Firefox.

I'm not surprised you didn't know that.
    Again, you are embarassing yourself. Sure, it's entertaining when you make a fool out of yourself that way, but seriously...:mad:

Try to show some self-respect. O.K.? if not, entertain me some more with your insults - really, they make me laugh and laugh...! :p

Corwin, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  4. Le GoogelGuRu

Le GoogelGuRu Guest

Best Answers:
    Firefox is definitely better than IE8. IE8 is slow and bloated...

Le GoogelGuRu, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't create your sites. You did. They are ineptly created, as if by one one their first try.
    You don't know what you're looking at.
    It's like you're trying to read Chinese and telling me I should do it in English cause it's easier. Of course, that was never the question either.
    You're out of your league, corwin. Your own web sites in your sig show you can't even produce valid sites. Their simpleton ideas someone might create as their first web site. It's obvious you can't read my code above, otherwise you wouldn't be dancing around the question. Instead of diving into the issue, you're trying to deflect by telling me I'm using the wrong tech. But my code works! It's perfectly valid and usable. In fact, it's from a working online site for a large, national restaurant chain. The problem doesn't lie in that code. I told you it lies in the CSS and it lies in IE. Because IE cannot handle modern standards and practices. But rather than address the CSS issue, you say I should use other methods. Why use other methods when the code works...EVERYWHERE but IE and it's ranked number 1 in Google and number1 in Bing.

You're a rank amateur who tries to make money from SEO. Go away kid. You bother me.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 12, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.