1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Reasons Why The iPad Fails to Impress

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sir Rusty, Jan 28, 2010.

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2010/01/27/5-reasons-why-the-ipad-fails-to-impress

1.) The Name
    Numerous names were being thrown around in the months/weeks leading up to the release (iTablet, iSlate, iPad) but which name was Apple going to choose? I had grown accustomed to referring to the device as the iTablet, I could even see calling it the iSlate… but iPad never seemed quite right. Why would Apple want to name their new product something that sounds so familiar to the iPod? Some people are objecting to the name referring to it as the “iTampon”.

Talk about foresight, this Mad TV iPad skit aired several years ago... and easily became 10x funnier. 2.) No Multitasking
    Are you serious… who thought this was a good idea? How can the iPad even compete with Netbooks if you can’t multitask? This means that if you're writing a document you can’t listen to music, you can’t have TweetDeck open if you want to check your email, you can only do one thing at a time, which has always been a complaint with the iPhone.

3.) No Camera
    Why is there no camera on the iPad, front or back? It’s got a microphone… but no camera. Look at the size of the case that surrounds the screen, there is ample space for a camera. The iPad should’ve at least come with a 3-megapixel camera built in. As it stands, this means no iChat/Skype chat for you. Good move Apple, good move.
    [​IMG]
    4.) Huge Ridiculous Adapters
    Want to access your camera or plug in something USB… well there’s an adapter for that, actually 2 separate adapters both excessively huge.

5.) Same Touch Keyboard
    The iPad needed to re-revolutionize the keypad for touchscreen devices, make it easier to use. So what did we get… just a larger version of what we already had. It’ll be incredibly hard to type on, unless you're lying flat with your knees holding the device up, or you buy the iPad Case (essentially a book cover).

BONUS: No Flash (We just couldn't stop at 5)
    Most of us are probably accustomed to Apple devices not being Flash compatible, but if Apple is truly wanting to compete with other Netbooks they need to remedy this. With a larger screen comes more responsibilities, i.e. you can't just leave gigantic holes in the middle of webpages if you claim it to be "the best web experience you've ever had".

The iPad is still in its infancy, so we're sure that it'll get better with time. Only time will tell if Apple's iPad will be a success or an iFlop.

Sir Rusty, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  2. MixedBag

MixedBag Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some good points there. I don't mind the name iPad but, I don't particularly like it. I did like iSlate but, there's an app called that :p. iTablet, I liked that the best. Ah well.

No flash is a huge bummer, as is no multi tasking. Although, you can listen to music while doing other stuff, even some apps allow it. I mainly listen to my music while surfing the web or checking my emails on the iPhone. Multi tasking would be great, it has the space/potential to do so.

And, I wondered what those adapters were :p lol. I didn't think they were that huge though but, I haven't seen it next to the iPad to get a feeling of size for it.

MixedBag, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  3. Sir Rusty

Sir Rusty Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and iTablet is WAY BETTER!

Sir Rusty, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  4. MixedBag

MixedBag Active Member

Best Answers:
    Already Apple are in a "legal" battle over the anme. Fujitsu released an iPad back in 2002, and filed for trademark in 2003....hiccups along the way, blah blah.....still trying. Apple have filed three petitions to get the Fujitsu case delayed, to beat them to the punch. Or try to anyway. So maybe it won't be called iPad :p.

MixedBag, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  5. Sir Rusty

Sir Rusty Guest

Best Answers:
    Hopefully iTablet :p!

Sir Rusty, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  6. ferrari353

ferrari353 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow....you just opened my mind....Before I read this I thought Ipad was a super cool giant Itouch....but now, after reading this, I could use the Ipad as my napkin while I eat ribs....All they've created is an outdated internet tablet....It's outdated even though it was created long after other ones.....The only upside to the Ipad is the diversity of apps....that's what makes the Itouch and Ipad so nice....Without it, they would both crash and burn

ferrari353, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  7. glucose

glucose Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the soul of ipad are the ipad apps , not the appearance

glucose, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  8. ruworth

ruworth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Awesome post mate, bang on with all points. I have a netbook but like the look of the iPad but im not going to downgrade my netbook yet.

ruworth, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  9. fierceservers

fierceservers Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm wondering, could you jailbreak the iPad as you can with iPhone? That might be the only thing going for it, IMO, besides the apps already available of course.

fierceservers, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  10. DarkZero

DarkZero Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are the main points that stopped me from buying it. I don't mind the name though, iSlate would have been better though :p

DarkZero, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  11. techno primer

techno primer Peon

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more with Sir Rusty, Despite of its thickness, iTablet could kick iPad out of the water when it comes to features.

techno primer, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  12. techno primer

techno primer Peon

Best Answers:
    iPod, iPhone and iPad basically runs on a same OS which means that jailbreaking an iPad is also a huge possibility.

techno primer, Feb 11, 2010 IP