1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is ClickBank a big SCAM?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by john269, Sep 1, 2006.

Hi,

I have been with Clickbank since I started affiliate marketing on the Web. This is about 4 years now.

I have added so many of their merchants links on my site that it is shocking.

I have even provided them with about 6 sales and I have mainly got them over the last year.

The thing is that they always deduct $1 from my account every 2 weeks which they always do as I am international.

The thing is I have not seen one check from them, even though I have set the minimum payout level to $10.00 and have actually had more than $25 in my Clickbank account at times.

With the $25 in my account I still have not seen a check, but the $25 still gets knocked on the head with the $1 deducations every 2 weeks. Why are they keep deducting my earnings and not paying me even though I am earning over the minimum payout.

It looks like it is a scam and fraud to me.

I am not in business to promote other sites for nothing. I have to make money?

Is Clickbank really like this and don't pay their affiliates.

Are they really a joke?

john269, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  2. itdevil

itdevil Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you contacted CB about it ? if not then you should send a email asking whats going on?

itdevil, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  3. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They are not a fraud or a scam.
    Set your payout at $50 and not $10.00.
    Do not believe they cut checks for 10 bucks.

Too many merchants and sellers are making big bucks daily to ever call them a fraud and a scam.

If you do not like their policies, etc.....quit using them!

iowadawg, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  4. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had nothing but positive experiences with them.. but then again my checks were for alot more than $10

kkibak, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  5. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why would I stop using them if they are not a scam. If they are not then I will keep using them. I didn't say that I didn't like their policies. I was just saying are they are scam as I have never been paid even though I have reached the minimum payout of $10.

Why have they got an option for a minimum payout of $10, which use to be $25 and I have reached over $25 and still have not received.

I have never reaced $50 though, but I couldn't see that amount mentioned anywhere.

I have also tried emailing them, but my email got bonced back to me as it says in SpamCop.net that I have been spamming the Web with my email address.

The thing is I have not done one spam email and I am dead against spam. I don't even send out a newsletter from my site.

I have checked spamcop.net and apparently there has been 8 email addresses listed that I have used. I have checked them all and can clearly say that I have not even set them email addresses up on my account.

Why would I want to use things like and things. There is 8 email address listed there that I don't use and have never even set up.

Now I can't even email them asking them about this situation.

john269, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  6. DaVe™

DaVe™ Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to make a sale in 4 diferent states or something as well... basically to make sure ur not the only one thats buying the items through your own affiliate link

DaVe™, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  7. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I will have to just wait until I reach $50 then.

I had a sale yesturday for another $13. I hope that doesn't get cleared out either.

john269, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  8. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have just read about that.

It is as if they are trying to make sure that they be as horrible to their affiliates as possible. They deduct a $1 every two weeks. When they send a check they deduct another $2.50 and then you have to have 4 sales from 4 different states to also get paid.

I have made at least 4 sales and they should have been from 4 different countries.

Does it mean 4 different states in the US or could 1 sale be from the UK 1 from USA, 1 from Australia and 1 from Africa, etc.

john269, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  9. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We have used ClickBank for years on 1 of our sites with no problem and the pay outs we never ask for less than 500USD check payment have always been on time

But we never used 1 single link for their hoplinks

Just used for Payments Received and they are secure and encrypted and many folks like paying through their gateway

britishguy, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  10. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for letting me know. I guess I will have to trust them then as many people have good success with them.

Thanks all.

john269, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  11. cccwebmedia

cccwebmedia Guest

Best Answers:
    The actual cheque release policy is that you need 5 credit card payments from different states, regions or countres.

Additionaly one of these need to be a visa payment and another must be a mastercard payment.

Paypal payments do not count toward these 5 payments.

It does seem quite newbie unfriendly IMHO.

cccwebmedia, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  12. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is exellent, and I will not stop to work with them for anything.

There are definitively not a scam.

Franck S, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  13. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you sell products from clickbank, want to sell products from clickbank, and want a good way to display various products on your websites, this site is a good one.
    It offers you the same set-ups as adsense, only using clickbank products.
    Anyways, go to the site and read about the advantages.

And it is FREE...one excellent point in their favor!

http://www.cbmonster.com

No, it is not my site and that is not an affiliate link.
    I use them for many of my sites and have watched my clickbank sales increase.

iowadawg, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  14. mangozoom

mangozoom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey I agree with most thats been said above

I get my cheques okay

Your sales are very low ... its not just about throwing out links and hoping for the best.

Invest in some training tools and learn how to promote

Try our guide as well we are giving it away

John Vaux

mangozoom, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  15. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have been doing online marketing for nearly 5 years now. I am making a good income out of it. I finished my £250 a week job 3 years ago, so I don't think I will be needing any training.

I promote other programs aswell and are not only promoting Clickbank.

Compared to some other programs on the Web I am finding that Clickbank treats their affiliates the worse.

You don't have to get a certain amount of sales from different states just to receive payment with other affiliate programs.

Anyway, I am going to keep promoting them the way I am. Also, the hoplink referral links look like referral links to visitors. With some other affiliate programs their referral links can sometimes look like proper website links. This is a turn off.

john269, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  16. sebastya

sebastya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What country you in?

sebastya, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  17. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am located in the UK

john269, Sep 3, 2006 IP
  18. moneymakingstuff

moneymakingstuff Guest

Best Answers:
    it takes atleast 5 sales with different credit cards
    (check their accounting policy)

moneymakingstuff, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  19. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK!

So far I understand Clickbank works like this:

They cut checks at $50 even though they say they payout after you reach $10 in their terms.

You have to have at least 4 sales from 4 different states and you also have to have 5 sales from 5 different credit cards.

I have nothing against Clickbank, but they really don't help little newbie affiliates, even though I am not one, I also promote a large amount of other products, so trying to get sales for clickbank is not my priority, but when I do get sales then they just get wiped out.

It looks as if it is just a way for them to get more money.

Also, I forget to mention that they deduct $1 every bi-weekly for international affiliates.

Why do they make it so hard for small affiliates. Don't they want affiliates. Also, their referral links that you use look exactly like affiliate links.

When you use redirect links like: domainname?id=1 so that noone can see the url, once the person clicks through from your site to theirs you normally always see something like:

gamesonlinedifferentmotionswithyou.com?hoplink=myid

Now people can just easily replace that with their own code.

john269, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  20. sebastya

sebastya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's false man. I got my check after 3 sales.

sebastya, Sep 6, 2006 IP