1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

follow my plan of getting >5$/day from a .info site

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by olegb, Feb 2, 2010.

hi everyone!
    I decided to post here all my steps that I do in order to get in some 4 - 6 weeks an indexed site in goosle and an acceptable adsense incom.
    I will try to post here as often as possible. I invite you to post questions and debate my points of view, help me and others improve their rankings and revenues.

so, what I want?
    - I want my site indexed in Google
    - I want to rank at least PR2 in google
    - I want my site at least in first 5 position on my keyword
    - I want my site having more than 100 linkbaks from blogs, social bookmarking sites and forums
    - I want to have a constant flow of visitors from search engines
    - I want to have at least 5 bucks daily from this site

what I already did?
    - I did some research on google keywords tool and found 20 keywords that I think might be good to write about. this will be a health site, I enjoy writing on this topic as I'm a medical student so that's ok. I already wrote 15 articles so far. The articles are 300 - 450 words, on specific medical procedures and specific keywords
    - I created the website in php, it will not be driven by a mysql database, i will add files manually. the site looks really cool, I love the design, though that has low relevance on adsense :))
    - the keywords appear in page title (eg: first-keyword.php), in the meta description, title, h1 title and a few times in the article
    - The articles I wrote will be added gradually, not all at oance

day 1 (that means today)
    - i will register my .info domain, it will contain my keyword in it
    - i will upload the index page and 3 of my articles.
    - i will look for some blogs that write on this topic, too, so that I will later post useful comments there and add a link to my site, if possible. i will search for blogs specific for my keyword, so i'll search with google something like this: "*keyword* wordpress", "*keyword* blogspot", "*keyword* squidoo", etc. hope it'll work

So, guys... my plan is to conquer adsense in a few weeks, stay tuned and follow me... hope this post will be helpful, ask questions, but don't make me write too much I'm a busy guy lol ;)) if anyone has some suggestion for me to improve my plan, please inform me here! I don't have too much experience in adsense so any advice is just welcomed!
    cheers!

olegb, Feb 2, 2010 IP
    Mystique likes this.
  2. olegb

olegb Peon

Best Answers:
    so, came after 2 hours here to announce you I just registered my new .info domain at godaddy with just 1.07$ lol :D
    i have also the tiny hosting package from asmallorange.com, I find them very affordable, it is shared cheap hosting, I love those guys.
    I can host multiple sites in the same account what looks brilliant to me. I still have other websites, but those are targeted locally (I'm from Eastern Europe). This is not my first online project, I'm not a newbie and done some reading here on DP and some ebooks
    My domain name has no dashes or numbers in it, it's just two words (main keywords)

So, I added the account at my hosting provider, now will check the site again and will add 3 articles + the index page which is a 3 paragraph description of the entire site.
    I will not use the keywords meta
    The logo will be an h3 title, nicely css modified - the site's name
    The design is entirely made by me, neat and simple, in tables. Pages are in php
    The header, footer, left menu are all common for all the pages
    will keep you updated, please, don't add crappy spammy messages here, as newman did, it's annoying and boring. I want to keep this thread clean. thx!

olegb, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  3. crisT

crisT Peon

Best Answers:
    good thread, but i don't believe you will be able to get 5 US$ a day in 6 weeks. it's pretty hard to get in the top 5 results even in a low competitive niche.

crisT, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  4. olegb

olegb Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, crisT... maybe I won't get any revenue in my first month, but at least I want to get indexed in this period of tie. I guess this is a realistic target, isn't it?

added analytics on the site, and submitted 10 comments on different same themed blogs, some of them need admin approval, so I'm not sure they'll pass. the comments are strictly related to the article I posted to and are containing useful bit of info.
    will be back soon

olegb, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  5. olegb

olegb Peon

Best Answers:
    also tried a new firefox addon for submitting faster online forms. it is called fireform, but yet couldn't set it to work properly, though it has some potential, I guess....

olegb, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  6. spacejesus

spacejesus Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have the cash, try BMD (bookmarking demon)

it submits your site to bms quickly

if you have no cash and dont mind their way of advertising, try onlywire.com

commenting on 30-40 sites a day is what i do, not all go through so you hafta comment a lot

don't forget to submit to twitter and stumble upon. those 2 sources can bring in a lot of traffic with little effort, in my experience

spacejesus, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  7. MonkeyMagic

MonkeyMagic Active Member

Best Answers:
    do you think bookmark demon is worth the money ?

MonkeyMagic, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  8. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fireform, cool. I'll have to check this out. Thanks

Lex350, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  9. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to encourage you but .info is hard to rank... you better go with .biz (cheaper than com and net), than info..

Titing Kabayo, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  10. kraran

kraran Peon

Best Answers:
    Pagerank and linkbacks are unnecessary to get search engine traffic. One of my site has Pagerank Zero and less than 5 linkbacks.. but it gets more than 1000 uniques daily from search engines... Its all about SEO and Quality Posts.

kraran, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  11. crisT

crisT Peon

Best Answers:
    my guess it's you will get it indexed in a week, but you said that your goal it is to get 5 US$ per day with this site. what is your site?

crisT, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  12. olegb

olegb Peon

Best Answers:
    m, bookmarking demon is really very expensive, can't afford to spend 147$ on it.
    what is onlywire about?
    yeah, commenting is killing my time a little bit, but I'm interested in this subject as it is my future job (hope), so I read some interesting stuff, too
    I also tried stumbleupon before, and can't say it changed too much for the sites I bookmarked. I don't have a very active profile there. on twitter I have to harvest friends, what is time consuming and inefficient, from my point of view, and guess will get soon unfollowed as my followers see I'll just tweet links to one site. although, it would be great to have a twitter account where followers would be patients with the disease I'm writing about... but this is impossible to do, I guess

I know the .info is sometimes disregarded by G and others, but I found some pretty cool sites in .info, with a good PR, so I think it is possible. wll give it a shot, if not - next time will avoid infos. now it's already too late - I made the site and I registered the domain :D

this is a good point too, but there're a lot of people here stating linkbacks and PR are still very important for the place where you appear in SERP, so for traffic, too.

he, we'll see ;) It would be great to get indexed this week, and yes, I want at least 5 bucks with adsense from this site daily. I think it is irrelevant to post the link here, because maybe I'll get some visits, but there'll be for sure some guys which will spinn it or will copy it... also, I don't want to influence it with a flow of traffic from DP, want to see how it will grow from backlinks on other sites and from search results. But when I'll reach my target I may show you the link ;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    olegb, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  13. dencha

dencha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a tip to get index fast...

1. Go to Yahoo Answers
    2. Find a question regarding the content on your site. (be sure it's a brand new question with 0-2 answers)
    3. Answer the question properly and add your site to "sources" field where you type in your answers.
    4. Google loves Yahoo Answers and will follow your link back to your site, INSTANT INDEXING!

Give it a try...always works for me!

dencha, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  14. asanka000

asanka000 Peon

Best Answers:
    keep post your progress here. so we can follow it

asanka000, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  15. mazen2010

mazen2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    cool strategy but if you plz i want clear line to walk on

mazen2010, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  16. pepo_flo

pepo_flo Peon

Best Answers:
    For a very short time you will succed, but
    - you need always good and fresh content to be on 1st page
    - you need a keyword (few keywords) with big volume of searches per day
    - you need a keyword with a good PPC value (you choosed health - is ok)

At the begining, when are crawled all new sites appear in first 2 pages, but after 10-14 day it will disapear and will come back on the firts page only if you have good content, fresh / origninal articles, etc ...

I think that the strategy and the target should be :
    - a good site - usefull and with good information
    - SEO for site
    - target should be the number of the visitor per day
    ... and after that you will start making money and start optimize for a good CTR / eCPM

pepo_flo, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  17. olegb

olegb Peon

Best Answers:
    what if my site is an informative one. I can't add infinite number of articles. there is a limit of how much you can speak about a disease, so I really can't image if the part with "always good and fresh content" suits for my site too. It is about a disease that is quite simple to understand, so if I would write and rewrite the same thing again, I think my website will become annoying. I guess it's best to be concise, but clear. anyway, will have your advices in my mind ;)

DAY 2
    Added 1 more articles to my site.
    Submitted other 10 comments to related blogs. mainly, these are blogs in wordpress. it is simple to add comments as firefox remembers the form's email and url, all you have to do is add the comment. It gets a little bit boring writing that stuff and it eats a half an hour to me :/
    Added the Google Analytics bit of code, so that I will get the traffic reports. I love Analytics because it's complx, neat and because you can block your own IP from there, so that your visits will not be taken in account (I use to enter on that site too often, to check if everything is allright, lol)

I don't know if I mentioned, but my site has no "contact me page", no "Home link". all the links are on the left side and are directing to the articles/pages. all the pages are in the same directory, also
    as pepo_flo said, it is important to focus on visitors ad less on money. even my target is to reach 5$/day with it, the hidden unsaid target is to make people like and come on my site.
    I'm thinking also of adding beneath each article shortcuts to social bookmarking networks, that will allow visitors to bookmark that page, though I don't know if there are really some benefits of that or not
    Also, there's no advertisement on my site (yet :D). I plan to add it only when I'll have a constant flow of visitors.
    ok, will be back as soon as I have some news

thx everyone for kind words :*

olegb, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  18. Sysbase

Sysbase Member

Best Answers:
    Write some articles like a mad man and get them out to top article sites. Space them out daily so you don't submit them all in one go.. or follow your own blueprint. Blog comments, an article, bookmarks, forum posts.. repeat daily. :) You can get to 5$ per day is just don't give up!

Sysbase, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  19. fadhi123

fadhi123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    promote more your website to increase page rank

fadhi123, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  20. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would DEFINATELY include a contact link, so people can drop you a line. It also makes your site more personal and people don't think its just a 'mistyped URL' type of site. I put contact forms on all of my sites and receive an interesting number of queries from random sites...most of the time people asking if I am selling the product that my article is discussing.. and unfortunately I am not. True, you couldn't sell diseases, but I would still have a contact form.

furca, Feb 4, 2010 IP