1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Confused About Building Links With Articles

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by lyndatreb, Feb 1, 2010.

I have been submitting articles to Ezine Articles and then after it is published, I submit the same article to a couple of other do-follow directories. I'm doing this mainly to build backlinks.

It's only been about six weeks since I started doing this. When I do a search with the title of the article in quotes, I see my Ezine articles but not the others.

I have two questions. Does that mean Google is not indexing the articles I'm sending to the other article directories and, if so, does that mean I'm not building any backlinks by sending to those directories? In other words, am I still getting credit for the backlinks or am I just wasting my time submitting to the secondary article directores?

lyndatreb, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  2. mhovingh

mhovingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do a site specific search to see if Google has indexed your article on that site.

site:www.TheArticleSiteURL.com "Your Article Title"
    Code (markup):
    If Google has the article indexed and it is a dofollow link, you should be getting credit. As far as wasting your time, if you are getting the credit for the backlink, then it just depends on what your time/money spent on the article was versus the expected value of the backlink, along with whether or not you are choosing to place value on any traffic you get through the link.

One thing I would suggest is at least partially re-writing your article for each site you post on to see if it makes a difference, and if it does, evaluate the time/money spent on the partial re-write versus the improvement (if there is any). I also highly recommend at least a small change to the title of each article so you have a unique title for each posting, even if you don't do a partial re-write.

mhovingh, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  3. h3llboy

h3llboy Peon

Best Answers:
    How do i know that im getting credits for my backlinks?

h3llboy, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  4. mhovingh

mhovingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am fairly certain that if the page where your article appears is indexed by Google and the backlink is not of the nofollow type, you should be getting credit. You may have to wait until Google's next PR update before the backlink is credited to the PR of your destination page.

mhovingh, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  5. h3llboy

h3llboy Peon

Best Answers:
    When this PR gets updated?

h3llboy, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  6. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried ezine articles for 1 of my sites, no other backlink building technique and it is on the first page of google for a kw with over 2 million competing results. Now it does take time for the article to get crawled on ezine, so just keep building links using articles.

I have prived it DOES work!

geester1, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  7. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    Get yourself the SEO for firefox extension and you'll be able to see if the article is indexed or not (Google cache date)

EZA gets indexed almost instantly while some of the others take quite a while. Go Articles, for example only has about half the articles on their site indexed.

Use a free social bookmark program to bookmark each article and it would help your chances.

MarkAse, Feb 1, 2010 IP