1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clips4sale.com question?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by LetsMakeMoney55, Jan 25, 2010.

Hey guys,

Anyone use this? I'm not quite sure about it. I know it can be a GOLDMINE for certain fetish niche clips. Does it cost anything to register? Do they keep a percentage? It says there is a $20 fee everytime they transfer money to you? What is this 2257 nonsense? Do I have to pay for that? So much for living in a free country :p

LetsMakeMoney55, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  2. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should read through my CLIP STORE TUTORIALS. I have been using them since they started years ago. To answer your questions....

No.

60/40 split (you keep 60)

You are paid once a month. If you are paid by WIRE they charge. You can opt for a check or ACH payment now. Those are both free I believe.

2257 means you have proper documentation showing the people in your content are legal (i.e. over 18). This means their I.D., and model releases. You also need licensed content if you do not produce your own.

Barefootsies, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  3. LetsMakeMoney55

LetsMakeMoney55 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No.

60/40 split (you keep 60)

You are paid once a month. If you are paid by WIRE they charge. You can opt for a check or ACH payment now. Those are both free I believe.

2257 means you have proper documentation showing the people in your content are legal (i.e. over 18). This means their I.D., and model releases. You also need licensed content if you do not produce your own.[/QUOTE]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thats ridiculous that they take 40%. They must RAKE it in. They cant make money by charging a one time sign up fee ($50) and then the rest through advertising?

I'm interested in getting a few stores up for fetish videos. How much money do you make per month from them right now? How many daily sales?

LetsMakeMoney55, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  4. Barefootsies

Best Answers:
    Other clip store sites can take 50% percent or more. If you think that is rape, then you do not every want to inquire about doing VOD then.

No. It is not ridiculous. They are handing the hosting for some 30,000+ video sites. Some who offer 20-30 minute SINGLE clips. They also handle the processing, and charge backs as well as the customer service. They in the past have also bought ad time on Howard Stern, as well as mass amounts of traffic to throw at the front page.

Yes, I wish it were lower. However, they are handling the entire back end for you. You simply have to upload the content. They are a business, and they are also taking ALL THE RISK.

Sale vary based on a number of factors. Type of fetish, how much you update, outside promotion, how you do your updates, etc.. I am not going to post up everything in a public forum. Sorry.

5. LetsMakeMoney55

Best Answers:
    Yea, I guess you are right. Thats a lot of work for them and its a very organized, well visited website.

I'm looking to make anywhere from $500-$1,000 per month right now from clips4sale. I have some really good ideas so we'll see.

6. Barefootsies

Best Answers:
    Easy enough to do with converting content and consistency.

7. LetsMakeMoney55

Best Answers:
    Thats what I'm thinking

Did you say that THEY price the clips and you have no saying on that site?

8. Barefootsies

Best Answers:
    Typically it is done by time.

5 minutes - $5.99

In old admin, you could manipulate it a bit. On some of the other clip stores, they set it much much lower per minute. Lick clips.com is .25 ct per min or something to that effect. You can up it if you like. But their default is set insanely low.

9. LetsMakeMoney55

Best Answers:
    Oh ok

Thats weird, you think you'd be able to price it yourself but I think lower is better for that particular site anyways

10. Barefootsies

Best Answers:
    I suppose it depends.

When it comes to fetish content. People are going to PAY FOR IT. There is not as much of it, and a lot of it on the market is not good. Fetish people will pay for their fix no matter the cost if it is what they want.

You can see endless examples of this.

11. LetsMakeMoney55

Best Answers:
    Precisely

There are some real freaks on the internet, and I am not excluding myself. I love how it comes up as like Tropic Tan Inc on the credit card report :p

12. Barefootsies

Best Answers:
    Yeah, they have multiple banks and processors because of something that happened years ago. I wanna say it was their second year.

So now, I think it shows up differently depending on the merchant bank it is running through. However, I could be wrong and they have centralized it since them to one name. I have not talked to Neil about since around the time it happened, and it's been a good 2-4 years now.

13. LetsMakeMoney55

Best Answers:
    What happened? Something bad?

14. Barefootsies

Best Answers:
    No big drama of any kind. Happened to a lot of sites back then.

1. Bug crushing.
    2. PETA.
    3. Lose merchant account.

15. LetsMakeMoney55

Best Answers:
    lol oh god...

16. nfan4life

nfan4life Active Member

Best Answers:
    I realize this thread is over a few days old, so i hope i still can get an answer and maybe some help.

Anyway, Im a new owner of a store at clips4sale and well my store didn't start with a bang like i expected. I barely get any visits and my sales are many times depressing so im wondering if i had started out wrong or what.

Currently what I am doing is uploading at least 1 clip per day if i can, i believe the longest i have gone without posting was maybe 2 days. I have advertised to many many websites and youtube and have kept my clips to a reasonable length just to keep the prices down, but I only managed to make 85 bucks my first month. :eek: So im here hoping to get any tips and some advice on how to increase traffic and sales. Thanx for any help given.

If you want to visit the site, my store number is 36264

nfan4life, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  17. LetsMakeMoney55

Best Answers:
    Well, if you made $85 in the first month with that store then I'm VERY confident in what I have coming soon

The thing is with those clips is that the less you reveal (Face, body, voice, etc) the less people will be interested

LetsMakeMoney55, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  18. LetsMakeMoney55

Best Answers:
    I'm no expert (yet) but that would definitely be my guess

How long have you had your store opened?

19. nfan4life

nfan4life Active Member

Best Answers:
    My store has only been open for less than a month actually. This valentine's day my store would have been open for one month. My membership site hasn't been doing too bad, it's just my c4s site that suffers.

nfan4life, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  20. LetsMakeMoney55

Best Answers:
    Awesome

So you've made that $85 in the last month or so?

I will be opening a few stores this week and hopefully get some content up in a few weeks....I'm really pumped :p

But yea, from a consumer's perspective the MORE you reveal in your clips the better