1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the reason for adsense's discrimination towards India and China?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by varghesenair, Jan 26, 2010.

Hi,

In India and China (only) people have to wait for 6 or more months to get approved by Adsense. These two are the world's fastest growing economies and are going to be the superpowers of future. I cant understand why google is still going with such discrimination towards the websites/blogs of these two countries?

varghesenair, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  2. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Because a disproportionately high percentage of people from these countries try to cheat the system.

norfstar, Jan 26, 2010 IP
    ~kev~ likes this.
  3. tanha_dil

tanha_dil Peon

Best Answers:
    you are absolutelty right , here people holds a view like clicking their own ads by making blog will make them millionaire overnight. Its very disgusting for which not only we are facing this type of time limitations for application but a dark cloud of suspicion that hovers among good publishers .

tanha_dil, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  4. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Because it makes rational economic sense. If you had huge numbers of people from certain countries constantly trying to scam your advertisers, you would take protective measures too.

Nobody is stopping anyone in "the superpowers of future" from starting their own ad networks to compete with Google. These superpower ad networks can make Americans wait 10 years for an account if they want to. But guess what? They would probably do the same as Google.

If they don't do as Google does, it would be because they let nationalism get ahead of pragmatism, which is precisely why China and India are not superpowers and one of the reasons China is unlikely ever to be one, at least not in its current form. India maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

SmallPotatoes, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  5. setset

setset Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't be so quick to judge. The US is borrowing money from China every day. At any moment, China can call in their debt and cripple the US. Back on topic, I agree with nofstar verbatim.

setset, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  6. Remotay

Remotay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    China Can't do anything to the U.S. Let them call in their debt. U.S. can print a nice $1 trillion dollar bill and give it to China. Debt repaid.

Or we can print our way out of it. Print a cool $trillion worth of money and give it to China. Problem fixed. Don't tell me that inflation will cripple America. Inflation will do WONDERS for America. The average person will BENEFIT from Inflation greatly. Average American is in debt up to his eyeballs (Average American with a credit card has 16,000$ in debt. Not counting mortgages!)

Remotay, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  7. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic from China/India also tend to have very low CTRs, which obviously isn't ideal.

Computerized, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  8. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Could not of said it any better then this. Actually, I would have just left out disproportionately.

Lex350, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  9. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    This debt gives the US a huge amount of leverage over China. What's China going to do, call the sherriff and repossess Nebraska? A major share of China's foreign exchange is tied up in illiquid assets over which it has very little control.

People will keep lending to the US because everyone is sunk so deep into dollars they don't have much choice. At this scale, sovereign ratings become meaningless.

SmallPotatoes, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  10. wanksta22

wanksta22 Member

Best Answers:
    There is just more fraud in these areas that is all. Eg Google has no recourse in these countries.

wanksta22, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  11. abuzar345

abuzar345 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because most of the high paying adwords belong to USA,UK and other foreign countries and they are having their business on their own country. so they restricted their ads for india and china.

abuzar345, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  12. TimothyJohn

TimothyJohn Member

Best Answers:
    Population and poverty are probably contributing factors as to why they are treated differently.

TimothyJohn, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  13. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just the lack of advertisers in these countries and high level of fraud are the reasons.

jimkarter, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  14. denniss

denniss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is that this situation is --very slowly-- changing.

From what I read in the news a lot of non-European-Union-member countries (ok, for example, Russia) are now balancing their national foreign currency reserves in say 50% USD/50% Euro dollars.

And this ratio has been going up over the years, slowly but surely.

All I'm saying is that a lot of countries realize how deep they've sunk in their USD addiction and are trying to correct the situation. And at this stage Eurodollar appears to be a much more stable currency.

denniss, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  15. AdsExpert

AdsExpert Peon

Best Answers:
    lol with the huge number of click frauds, click exchanges on orkut, etc ... I am not surprised why they are strict with India/China.

If u need help in setting up ur Ads account, PM me.

AdsExpert, Jan 28, 2010 IP
  16. craig105

craig105 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  17. spacejesus

spacejesus Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a "common-folk" view of it. Which is incorrect, I would add. China needs America as much as the other way around. If China were to do such a thing, they would never get their money and their economy would collapse as well as every other economy in the world. America isn't China's bit*h, and we won't take orders from them. In fact, Go*gle threatening to pull out of China and Hillary Clinton supporting G's stance on freedom of information shows who is boss. Do you think you could go tell your loan shark to SHOVE IT and then tell him he better unsecure his wireless network? lulz, NO.

To answer the thread question; statistics show that click fraud in the US is 26% with most of it being detected. Number in the East are as high as 48%. There was a click-fraud ring in China that racked up 3.8 million in 1 day I remember reading a year ago. They of course never collected, but it shows that internet fraud in developing countries is thought of before actual work/content building like here in the US.

spacejesus, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  18. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    The six month approval time is for "some locations including India and China", which means there are many other countries on that list. This limit gives Google the time to analyze whether the website/blog is MFA or has original, regularly updated content.

Chrissy17, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  19. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    Simple answer..

India - a lot of cheaters coming from this country according to Google's record..

China - Government is very strict and Google has limited powers over there... Google is in revenge mode.. :D

Indian people please don't get offended - If you check this forum, 80% of dumb questions are from Indians.... Please don't get offended, that's the truth...nothing personal..

Titing Kabayo, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  20. AndyO

AndyO Peon

Best Answers:
    From another thread, Exhibit A:

I rest my case.

AndyO, Jan 29, 2010 IP