1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate Content/Number of Articles to Submit Per Day

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stevecane, Jan 26, 2010.

Hi All

Hopefully this isn't too dumb a question. I'm using an article spinner to convert my articles to unique content and to autosubmit them to article directories. I'm doing this to build backlinks to a new site. I've two questions.

1) How unique is unique to Google. i.e. How different does the content of each article need to be so that I'm not panalised by Google for duplicate content?

2) I heard that Google will also penalise me for adding to many links, i.e. articles per day. Is this true and if so how many is too many?

Regards

Steve

stevecane, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  2. Promoman

Promoman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I post my articles on one article site and also on my own website (which I also change a little).

Promoman, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  3. LeifNisaan

LeifNisaan Peon

Best Answers:
    But if you are making minor changes and submitting it, is it giving you a good output or indexed backlinks?

LeifNisaan, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  4. stevecane

stevecane Peon

Best Answers:
    I definitely think it's worth submitting to at least a couple of directories. Even if you were submitting just to help folks out with your info then it'd be much more likely to be found and useful to people.

5. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think nobody can answer your questions except the Google algo engineers.

You will have to try out the spinner and assess the results. Some spinner will report the percentage of uniqueness after the spinning. As for the number of articles you can submit each day, I personally don't think there is any issues. If there is, your competitors will be the first one to submit your site link in articles to tons of directories.

KC TAN, Jan 26, 2010 IP
    stephen082 likes this.
  6. stephen082

stephen082 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing I would like to mention here is your main site will not be penalized for putting duplicate content on many article directories (same article in many article submission sites). Google just filter out the duplicate content and you may not get value of all backlinks, but thinking that you will be penalized is ridiculous.

As you said that you are spinning the articles for different article directories, than it is a good strategy to gain backlinks. As KC Tan suggest, there is no issue on the number of articles you submit each day.

stephen082, Jan 26, 2010 IP
    KC TAN likes this.
  7. stevecane

stevecane Peon

Best Answers:
    No I didn't think I would be penalised for my site. Just not wanting to waste those backlinks . . .

8. frozzy

frozzy Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried to do 100 submits a day. No action from Google. Just higher rankings.

Usually i do 35 % uniqe spin.

frozzy, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  9. trosquin

trosquin Active Member

Best Answers:
    1) Only Google knows...if any one of us knew we would be millionaires!
    2) Some say yes, some say no....but personally I have had a site get a penalty for adding to many links. Its all based on percentage. So if you have 3 backlinks then 3 more would be a 100% jump....but if you have 10k then 100 would only be a 1% jump.

At what point will you incur a penalty....again only Google knows

trosquin, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  10. weblaunch

weblaunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    weblaunch, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  11. Jackie Cris

Jackie Cris Peon

Best Answers:
    what I do in article marketing is write an article, publish it to my site, spin, and then submit. Basically, easyarticlespinner.net does all the hard work of spinning for me. I got no problems with the number of sites I submit my content into. The more the merrier.

Jackie Cris, Apr 21, 2010 IP