1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Say Your Prayer For Haiti

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by segzeey, Jan 22, 2010.

I feel so concerned about what's going on in haiti right now but I can't go there, I have sent my donations and now here is my prayer:

I pray that God will give the people of haiti the strength to overcome this terrible times and give them a brighter future. Amen

You can also join me by saying your prayer here.

segzeey, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  2. malcon

malcon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think God is action, not only prayers, but I don't agree that it is too late to pray, do not know what might happen in the future I think those who are unable to donate an amount of money can pray! because even the trajedias not end,if you believe in god as well

malcon, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  3. bluemouse2

bluemouse2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  4. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that $10 will help a family in Haiti a lot more than self-righteous meditation.

Although it is all good and well to truly hope and pray for the best, and to ask for protection over a people (who knows whether or not prayers are heard, who cares), please recognize that prayer in its most practical application is a conversation you have with yourself.

Use prayer to convince yourself of your own necessity to get out of your house and lend a hand to who needs it. Become the force of good you are so desperately reaching out towards, the most holy of works cannot be done if you don't perform them.

Traditione, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  5. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    Looks like god didn't care when he let the earthquake happen, so why should he care now, send some money, that'll actually help.

Roman, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  6. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    - but I can't go there

~ Such sincerity should be rewarded but also feel prayer is a substitute for finding the answer which is the message from God to man in seeking furtherence....for those who prey I guess there is Jesus and for those to find their own way there is the Garden of Eden. The atheist hopefully will at least cremate themselves.

Breeze Wood, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  7. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    ~ The earthquake happened, why are you always blaming God for everything - man is not all there is whether you believe in God or not and you have a disdain for the Garden that is unbecoming and a reflection of immaturity for life's greatness, disdained for egocentric comfort.

Breeze Wood, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  8. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    If he/she/it gets credit for all the good things that happened why shouldn't he/she/it get the blame when bad stuff happens?

You know your posts make no sense, but I give you credit, this one almost does.

Roman, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  9. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many wouldn't have survived for more than 3 days without prayers, think about it. The clip from the woman in the trapped in the bank when she got saved, - the older lady after being saved singing prayers to the Lord.

There is power in prayers.

Arnie, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  10. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    Why were they trapped in the first place? Out of tens-of-thousands saying prayers god can only save a handfull? Think about it, either god does not exist or he's quite the asshole.

I bet you a lot more than a few people survived that helped themselves.

Roman, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  11. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please tell me where you live so I can slap some sense out of you. that's ridiculous for any sane person to say.

Most of those people that were trapped, died later, they prayed.

Remember 911 when people where trap on the top floors of both buildings, they had plenty of time to pray in which they did, they were burnt to crisp and some even jump to their death, praying dint help, want to know why,...because there's no fucking god you fucking morons!!!

Can we please identify this people and round them up for ignorance so they can place them in the nut-house and maybe give them some psychiatric help and some ass kicking for being stupid.

Okay, let me see if "praying really do work, I'm going to pray that each and everyone of you that believe in it get's Anal Cancer and die a slow death of it....Oh, god I hope my prayers works.

Remember, anyone that survive on any tragic event such as: An EarthQuake, Plane Crash, Fire, A Tornado etc,. Is not a "miracle", it is by chance.

Now if any of you survive on my prayer then there is no god, if you did die of a slow death due to what I prayed for,..I'll be a fucking believer.

wwws, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  12. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    wwws, no matter how much I agree with you I still had to give you an infraction, you need to tone it down a bit and make your point in a less animated manner.

Roman, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  13. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I enjoyed it, was worth expressing what I thought, though you may have your own ways for me to express myself, but I'm a free man.

Do you know how insulting for someone to say things like "let's pray" when hundreds of thousands of people died believing that if they pray some magical things will happen. It is infuriating knowing that there are people like that. I am all for freedom of religion, but never to a point when they go out of hand and being disrespectful by them believing that all things should go their way. Not so, so I gave them the complete opposite of what they gave me that I find insulting, but I guess you want to tell me to be less "animated" when they can totally/insanely say what they want. What's going on mod-man? bias?

wwws, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  14. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's not a prayer but a curse :D Anyway, I let HIM deal with you. Watch out! ;)

FYI, prayers without actions of what one can do or handle him/herself equals death. a Christian teaching.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
    Arnie, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  15. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    It's just the language, there are kids that visit this forum, like I said, I agree with your points, just find a more user friendly way to get them across.

Roman, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  16. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Then what's your kids doing on DP, have you not told them I'm here:eek: Besides, just to let you into a little secret, kids know all those words and some;).

wwws, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  17. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    My kids invented the words, but, people do get offended, go figure.

Roman, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  18. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Prayer Vs. Hard Work
    ;)

ChaosTrivia, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  19. awundrin

awundrin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good grief Tefra-a bit harsh there...The people of Haiti do indeed need things that money can buy but they also need prayers.

awundrin, Jan 23, 2010 IP
    debunked likes this.
  20. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    So just out of curiosity, besides making you feel better, what exactly will praying do for the people of Haiti?

So, I'm walking down the street with my 3 kids and I let them walk into oncomming traffic without stopping them, but once some of them are hit by a car I drive them to the hospital. Am I good or bad? Same sh*t, but on a much larger scale.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
    Roman, Jan 23, 2010 IP