1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

a problem with accessing your website and your adsense account on the same pc ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by thesamemanhal, Jan 20, 2010.

It appears that google will count all your visits to your own website as impression credits toward your account, of course this has no revenue value but it does affect the click-ratio in which it makes me wonder if it is okay to visit our sites too many times a day on the same pc where we check your adsense accounts ?

thesamemanhal, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  2. badar1653

badar1653 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't visit your site too much. Only when it is required. Because google does not like if there are too much page impressions from your own side. So, be careful

badar1653, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  3. thesamemanhal

thesamemanhal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Currently I am re-designing my site and this require too many visits (about 1000/day) as for each single change I need to check the result by visiting the site.
    Now I am not sure what to do, I have only one pc and one ip ?

thesamemanhal, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  4. anjelina27

anjelina27 Member

Best Answers:
    When you are re-designing try to remove your ads and wait when you have completed your website reconstruction.

anjelina27, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  5. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We all have this problem when we redesign the website. My advise is remove the adsense and fix the design first. I know this would look odd first. Then add adsense codes and finalize. In this way you can reduce the impression level. Say from 1000/day to say 100/day. Why I am saying is Google some times pay on eCPM basis. i.e., cost / 1000 impressions. And bigdaddy G, may not like you seeing your website many times, that too 1000/ day.

If it is less impression / day for some 1 or 2 days, it is not going to matter. But thousand is too much and may trigger some bad gates for you! Be careful :)

samdar, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  6. thesamemanhal

Best Answers:
    I am actually very surprised that google counts site-owners visits ; google should understand that we all visit our own sites many times a day and some of us maybe 1000+/day depending on the owner/site.

It is not ideal to remove ads each time we think we have visited our site too many times!! as this is going to be a very hard task especially for peoples who need to stay visiting the site too many times a day.

There should be a better way for this problem!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  7. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is probably good advice. I have also read somewhere on Google that you don't want to visit your site to much when Adsense is running. I'm guilty of this myself when I'm fixing css stuff.

Lex350, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  8. zodiac

zodiac Peon

Best Answers:
    it is not a problem.
    yeah,your impressions are counted,but what does that mean? nothing.
    ctr means nothing also.
    they do understand that you create or work on a site that you have and will visit it.
    impressions have no relation on earnings.as for cpm ads,even though rare if they show on your site,it is up to them to not show or count on your ip address,not yours.

to sum it up,don't worry about it.
    they're not going to ban you for visiting your own site. :rolleyes:

zodiac, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  9. thesamemanhal

Best Answers:
    I have already searched for this in many sources (including google support pages) and the short answer that I found is "IT IS OKAY" so zodiac's reply is the winner answer, thanks to all.

10. Titing Kabayo

Titing Kabayo Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see any problem with that unless you are not clicking your own ad.. google understands that webmasters always updates their sites and do a lot of checking...

Titing Kabayo, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  11. KeyboardHustler

KeyboardHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With over 4 years of adsense behind me I have always been at my site 24/7. Don't visit your site to much? what kinda BS is that?..

I'm updating my site daily, all my sites. I go to my sites like 10 times per day to see everything is OK! Do I remove my ads each time? Hell no.

So of course you can view your own site with the ads from AdSense. They won't ban you and you won't gain any money from your own page imps.

Go ahead keep the ads online, don't loose your revenue due layout editing.

KeyboardHustler, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  12. SmallPotatoes

SmallPotatoes Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's going to cause any real problems, but why not design your site locally? It's so much faster when you don't have to go out across the internet for every refresh while you're tinkering.

SmallPotatoes, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  13. HomeComputerGames

HomeComputerGames Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been going to my sites about 1000 times per day for the past 10 years and had adsense on some of them since it began and have never had a problem.

Maybe I just got lucky? ;)

You're safe I believe..else forum and chat room owners/moderators would be out of a job.

HomeComputerGames, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  14. peter5floor

peter5floor Peon

Best Answers:
    peter5floor, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  15. wanksta22

wanksta22 Member

Best Answers:
    There is absolutley no problem with this you are worrying about nothing.

wanksta22, Jan 22, 2010 IP