1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Global Warming?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by freshlyshavn, Jan 15, 2010.

By now I know just about everyone is sick of hearing about global warming and all the predictions associated with it. It can pretty much now be a discounted theory. The other though a thought occured to me. The earth is basically a large ball spinning at a set speed. If you take a ball and add weight to one side of it this changes the rotation at which the ball will spin. Now think of all the weight that we have added to various points of the huge ball we live on. Does it occur to anyone else that this could possibly effect the way the way the earth rotates as it is no longer balanced the way it used to be? Could this possibly have anything to do with the climate changes that the earth is experiencing? Just a thought......:confused:

freshlyshavn, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  2. Tj John

Tj John Peon

Best Answers:
    niece thought.... but everyday we are money on spending for this cause... and i don't know how differents it bring

Tj John, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I follow you. What weight has been moved where? The same amount of water and earth that was hear from day one is the same amount that is still hear. I think you would have to move an awful lot of that material from one place to another to affect the earths axis and rotation.

Mia, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  4. rajesh.ejob

rajesh.ejob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah... absolutely correct... energy can neither be created nor be destroyed... everything is formed from here and deposited here only... but the climate change is due to raise in earth temperature, which is due to the reason that more radiations from sun are not reflected and they are just coming back due to carbon di oxide in atmosphere. So as temp increases with earth, increase in rate of ice melting in Arctic and Antartic and thus raise in sea water and there are sea water currents which plays major role in climate of earth. Due to abnormal increase in sea water, these currents are affected or deviated very widely... thus resulted in worst climatic conditions... If i begin this topic i would fill up the many pages in this thread, but i am stop it with this... :)

rajesh.ejob, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  5. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I see no displacement of any significant weight on the surface of the earth as water bodies and land have pretty much stabilized long time back.
    As regards global warming, if it really is happening... can anybody explain the reasons for sudden surge in snowfall in various parts of the world? :confused:

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  6. Digitalpointsystem

Digitalpointsystem Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is truth about global warming:
    Global Warming is one-half of the climatic cycle of warming and cooling.
    The earth's mean temperature cycles around the freezing point of water.
    This is a completely natural phenomenon which has been going on since there has been water on this planet. It
    is driven by the sun.

Digitalpointsystem, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  7. noob_bashing

noob_bashing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think we are all going to die in 2012. Scientists already said this in the movie 2012. There is no chance of escape we should prepare to die.

noob_bashing, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  8. freshlyshavn

freshlyshavn Peon

Best Answers:
    By displacement of weight I do not mean the moving of land masses, but rather the addition of everything that technology has brought about. The addition of large buildings, the weight of millions of cars. As I stated in my original post if you take a ball and roll it and then add weight to either side of the ball and roll it again it will roll in a totally different fashion. By building giant skyscrapers and the weight involved with them we have unbalanced the earth. It may not be a huge unbalance, but even a little bit can cause a shift in the original rotation of an object. As I said it is just a thought that has come to mind and perhaps the effect is neglibile.

freshlyshavn, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  9. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sick of world end theories ...

w3bmaster, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You do realize that the earth is actually cooling right? It's gotten colder, not warmer.

Mia, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  11. Exc3ptional

Exc3ptional Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the effect here is negligable because we are shifting materials around the world at all times...I would assume that it balances out more or less!

Having said that, I firmly believe that global warming is an entirely natural process, and that we are being forced into thinking this is a man made problem, so that we can be taxed to make the government and world leaders richer. Is it a coincidence that global warming occurs in such quick succession from "the credit crunch" and all the other failings in the world economy??

Exc3ptional, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  12. shinigami

shinigami Peon

Best Answers:
    noob_bashing, 2012 is nothing more than a movie.

As long as we manage to get rid of our fossil fuel needs and replace them with solar, wind, biofuel, and eventually nuclear fusion power, we'll be fine.

Of course, then the question switches to "how long will eliminating fossil fuel needs will take?".

shinigami, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Just wait till the wind turbines start cutting up birds and other wild life.

Solar energy has to compete with the chip industry for its raw semiconducting materials. Like Fossil Fuels, breaks the link between input cost and selling price.

And wait till the increased ethanol products results in not only an impact on the price of corn - as well as those in developing countries that use corn as food starve.

And until they can find a way to make more energy from fusion than it takes to generate the heat necessary for it to occur???

Everything has its good and bad points when it comes to energy. That said, I think Fossil Fuels will be around for generations to come.

Mia, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  14. dollarofakshay

dollarofakshay Peon

Best Answers:
    Global warmng means the temperature of our earth increase.this is new trouble for man.by this, the layer of water in sea is increase and increase.

dollarofakshay, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  15. Gtoo

Gtoo Banned

Best Answers:
    Global warming is when the temprature around the world gets warmer. There's a natural cycle the earth has
    been going through for thousands of years. We have global warming for many years, and then it flips and in very
    quick order, we shift to global cooling which happens much faster than globalwarming, and it puts us into an ice age.

Gtoo, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  16. Partizan

Partizan Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not think that there is Global warming cuz here is -20C

Partizan, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You do realize that the earth is in fact cooling, not warming right?

Mia, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  18. JMel

JMel Peon

Best Answers:
    It's an interesting thought... but to be honest, the amount of mass/weight that we humans relocate has literally almost 0 impact on the overall weight distribution of the planet.

The planet cools and warms in phases, largely due to how the Sun is behaving.

JMel, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I was under the impression it had more to do with our oceans.

Mia, Jan 19, 2010 IP
  20. blackdesigns

blackdesigns Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What the heck are you talking about? You are basing reality on a..........................................................................................................................................movie???

:/ well, then maybe we should all take a spaceship and move over to Pandora and start having our own blue looking humanoids called Avatars? :/ That's reality..............right? :/ NOT!

blackdesigns, Jan 19, 2010 IP