1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Get Banned From Google Adsense In Just few hours

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by valeriya, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaditya

ncaditya Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know what makes these people soooo stupid.

Just using statcounter we can know what the users to our sites are doing, where they come from, their browser, screen resolution and os. How do these "clickers" expect google not to know if they click on the ads themselves?

If a webmaster clicks on the ads himself, he is not cheating google, rather he is cheating someone like himself (who is trying to make his lively hood on the internet) who has subscribed to adwords thinking that the $50 he could spare would rake him some profits.

ncaditya, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  2. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats weird as you have made any earning so you have scamed anyone, what kind of website were the ads on.

chachacallis, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  3. monkeigh

monkeigh Peon

Best Answers:
    People have posted above that Google log any IP that has been to login to your account and don't pay out for any clicks from that IP in future. This doesn't seem to take into account the fact that one IP address can represent hundreds of people. At a large company, or an organisation such as a school or university hundreds of people could be visiting a website and clicking on ads perfectly legitimitly but if the account owner makes the mistake of checking their account from that location BAM no more revenue.

I am in a position of suddenly not receving any payment for clicks that co-workers make legitimately on my site. As it is a blog which covers areas of interest to my colleagues I get a lot of traffic from people browsing at lunchtime etc.

The idea of blocking clicks based on IP doesn't seem to be at all well thought out by google. Arbitrarily excluding large numbers of clicks because they come from an IP which encompasses entire companies or university campuses is madness.

monkeigh, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't like the idea of so many clicks coming from your "colleagues". You need to look at it from an advertisers standpoint that those clicks are highly suspicious.

Also, you say you aren't getting paid for every click your coworkers make. How do you know they are clicking? Do they tell you, "Hey, I just clicked on your ad" and then you check to see if you get paid?

That sounds really fishy.

yfs1, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  5. josero

josero Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a similar experience, not with co-workers, but with the members of my downline. When I write a new article for my site, (ads included in it, of course), I use to send it to my list, once uploaded to the server. So, I am not emailing any adsense ads. Instead of that I am sending people to the new article via its URL. Result: ads revenue getting down every time I send a new article, making eventually useless to put ads in the articles. Clearly, people who are responsive to emails are more or less the same. Clicks coming from the same IP, even though completely honest and time apart one from the next one, give less and less benefits.

josero, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  6. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is so unreal..

I always click on adds that interest me, sometimes more than once.

I did not get banned?

Peace,

Barti1987, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  7. The Man

The Man Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I am new here. One thing you could do if you accidently clicked on a ad on your own page is to write to google and letting them know about it. I surely accidently clicked one yesterday. I wrote to them and explained what happen.

Google wrote back to me and thanking me for being honest and took back the money credited to my account due to the one accident click. Well I think being honest is the way.

By the way, beside this way, anyone have advice what else can be done?

The Man, Aug 29, 2006 IP
  8. Wyla

Wyla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My account was fine for a year (or so) then one day BAM. 5 pageviews, 7 clicks. Next day I get my account is disabled.

oh well... nothing I could do.

Wyla, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  9. sofaq

sofaq Peon

Best Answers:
    that's a difficult situation. i'd be interested to know what you do to resolve the IP address problem with google

sofaq, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  10. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess if its taking more than a year, no problemo.

I guess I should get an official statement that it is ok from google so you all can believe.

Peace,

Barti1987, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  11. nita_nitd

nita_nitd Active Member

Best Answers:
    That no way proves you get paid for every click. I don’t have that much of idea but all these are speculation nothing else... rather than worrying about these things which are not in our control we should concentrate on other important things like writing good contents & etc.

nita_nitd, Aug 30, 2006 IP
  12. ncaditya

ncaditya Guest

Best Answers:
    If all its publishers get banned and all start hating G like they do to M$ how long will the CPC model stay?

ncaditya, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  13. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    not more than another 3 years. I bet.

The_FoX, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  14. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yet another post by the infamous Google hater. I as a publisher love pay per click, now google has introduced smart pricing, advertisers are also getting a better deal. I think CPC in this form will be around for quite a while, with smart pricing its basically paying per quality of visitor anyway.

I love when people pick imaginary figures out of the air, anything to substantiate that the_fox? No? Same as usual then.

venturefox, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  15. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Of course...PPC is still advertiser driven so as you stated saying it will be dead in 3 years is laughable.

Just because a confessed AdSense scammer was banned, it doesn't mean their downfall :rolleyes:

yfs1, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  16. angellica2017

angellica2017 Peon

Best Answers:
    The same case was happened to me too last month.... I receive many invalid clicks and I report to Google immediately and, my account doesn't get banned!

angellica2017, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  17. ncaditya

ncaditya Guest

Best Answers:
    I think PPC is out to stay provided G keeps fraudsters at bay and also gives good publishers, the respect they deserve.

Popups became outdated because, they were never a part of websites. They poped up from somewhere and so went away no where. But links have always been a part of websites. So, as long as website stay like they are now, PPC is out to stay.

And I wholeheartedly think G should not get the reputation among webmasters, that MS has among open source folks.

-Aditya

ncaditya, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  18. trytobecool

trytobecool Peon

Best Answers:
    Google was looking for you:p

trytobecool, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  19. williamtan

williamtan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hope you're not referring to clicking your own ads ... if so, it's a matter of time to receive the infamous "invalid clicks" email from G. G ...ood luck.

williamtan, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  20. sohointernet

sohointernet Peon

Best Answers:
    I just find it mind boggling that a corporation the size of Google doesn't allow AdSense publishers the very obvious and simple option of adding one or more IPs that should be excluded for payment. I'm sure the vast majority of publishers, those of us with static IPs at least, would use that type of feature if only for the purpose of insuring against invalid clicks.

Gary

sohointernet, Sep 16, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.