1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My DMOZ submission

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by andrewsegawa, Jan 12, 2010.

I have taken long time since i submitted to DMOZ, how long do they take

andrewsegawa, Jan 12, 2010 IP
    Ivan Bajlo likes this.
  2. hsz228

hsz228 Member

Best Answers:
    same feeling , same long time , same waiting ,but don't know when DMOZ will like us , just wait ,wait

hsz228, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did you both submit to the most appropriate category at DMOZ?

pipes, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  4. midjin

midjin Peon

Best Answers:
    i have not submission completely at DMOZ while find out error at the finishing captcha code and click on finish tab.

midjin, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  5. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    theapparatus, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  6. rude

rude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think it takes for ever i been waiting too. well that's how it is when you don't pay for a thing. when they ready they get to you i guess lol

rude, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  7. Rattlecake

Rattlecake Peon

Best Answers:
    6 month wait for my site so far....

Rattlecake, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  8. graphicdesignmanchester

graphicdesignmanchester Peon

Best Answers:
    6 months here too. :(

graphicdesignmanchester, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  9. duben

duben Active Member

Best Answers:
    In DMOZ if your site doesn't meet our criteria, which means quality, bringing something to users etc. its usually delete but you will be never noticed as I know. That means your page wasn't reviewed or also it could be reviewed and deleted as not good enough. DMOZ is not standard web site directory, we are carefully selecteng what to put inside. Of course there is never enough voluntiers, you want be faster response? Question is not what we are doing in DMOZ, question is how you can help DMOZ to be better ;)

duben, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  10. SKYlasers

SKYlasers Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, I have two site total and both were luckily included in the DMOZ.

The first site I worked uses wordpress to share information on how lasers work. As this site was educational in nature, it only took 4 months to be listed. Maybe I got lucky.

Another website I have is an e-commerce website. I purchased the domain name in April 2009 and submitted the site to DMOZ probably in June. I checked recently and it was listed in the DMOZ in December 2009.

SKYlasers, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  11. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I very much doubt that either of the sites in your signature will ever be listed.

Agent000, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  12. SKYlasers

SKYlasers Guest

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree with agent000, I don't think these two sites will make it into the DMOZ. The DMOZ has been around for so long because they are selective on sites to include. This would mean the websites need to be well presented. I suggest working on these sites before the DMOZ editors visit your site...

SKYlasers, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  13. thebashhh

thebashhh Peon

Best Answers:
    They say it's easier to apply as a DMOZ editor than have your site listed. Anyway, DMOZ links have lost its value so it's not really an "end all, be all" to get your site listed there.

thebashhh, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  14. hem1234

hem1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    If not approved after 6 months. Re-submit it again and go deep to exact category. Write great description, not promotional.

hem1234, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  15. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do it. Some editors do clean out the submissions pool and clear out older suggestions. A re-submission overwrites an old one and makes it look like a recent submission. The site is not lost it stays in the suggestions pool until an editor reviews it for a possible listing. If the site is not used, unless it is a dramatically different site, it will not be used how ever many times you submit. But before too many times the site will get tagged as spam and banned for ever.

No advantage at all to resubmissions, could be seriously detrimental to a listing and if it is being looked at with each submission then it will soon be spam canned.

Anonymously, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  16. SKYlasers

SKYlasers Guest

Best Answers:
    Just a quick comment about being a DMOZ editor...

After 4-5 months of submitting my site and seeing nothing happen, I tried submitting an application for being an editor. I spent a good hour writing my application. I submitting it, received an email saying they received it, and never heard from them again.

After submitting it, I read an article on how to get approved. Remember, you must send an application to your specific category. The application should hint at or directly say you are a very organized person and have a desire of making the internet a better place by organizing it. Anyone on the forums had luck getting approved for being an editor?

SKYlasers, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  17. khan11

khan11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ Didn't try that but I got my website approved "www.apniapps.com"

I submitted and almost forgot. Don't know when did it get approved. Just be patient. Submit with the right details and read all the instructions. Don't capitalize your title and then start optimizing your website instead of caring for DMOZ.

They have loads of submissions, therefore, they take time.

khan11, Jan 20, 2010 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  18. Agent000

Best Answers:
    I not surprised that you never heard anything. DMOZ wants editors that can follow the guidelines. You proved you can't:
    Why did you submit more than once?

Agent000, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  19. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Woh, woh fella... take it easy or I will ask Jim to review your Editorial capabilities

He said:
    After 4-5 months of submitting my site and seeing nothing happen, I tried submitting an application for being an editor.

I see him saying:
    I tried submitting an application for being an editor and nothing about submitting his site again.

Can you see the difference?

:eek:

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  20. Agent000

Best Answers:
    I not an editor.
    Which means he submitted more than once. The guidelines say do not do that. Why would DMOZ want to take on a new editor who has already demonstrated that they can not follow the guidelines that they agree to when they submit a site?
    Can I suggest you re-read what they said "After 4-5 months of submitting my site"- which obviously means they submitted more than once - they then applied to be an editor "I tried submitting an application for being an editor."

:eek:

fastreplies[/QUOTE]

Agent000, Jan 20, 2010 IP