1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by HostXpert, Jan 10, 2010.

Does email marketing really work? Is there any services would you recommend? Your inputs are really appreciated

HostXpert, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  2. lohanpankaj

lohanpankaj Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it works. But there are other traffic techniques you can use. Try buying advertising at bux69.com I found them the cheapest.

Hope that helps.

lohanpankaj, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  3. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi HostXpert,

Yes, email marketing really does work! However, I would not bother signing up with an email marketing service. What you should get instead is an autoresponder service and then put up a newsletter opt in box on your site. You can then do email marketing through the newsletter series.
    Hope that helps :)

affilorama, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  4. blue.avalon

blue.avalon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it does. as long as you're not spamming. your email must have the realistic and interesting content so the possibility for your receivers interest is high.

blue.avalon, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  5. yoes_san

yoes_san Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing as in newsletter opt-in works well for me.

You can let people opt-in for your list and then follow up with them with useful products and information. Make sure you have an option to unsubscribe though.

yoes_san, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  6. biglegg

biglegg Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it does work but use an autoresponder service, you can try aweber.

biglegg, Jan 10, 2010 IP
  7. insighttechnicalsharetips

insighttechnicalsharetips Peon

Best Answers:
    targeted email marketing work now a days

8. herwin

herwin Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is working, But I would not just grab a list from the internet because most people will just mark it as spam. Try to build a list through your website and then you will have a targeted list.

herwin, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  9. bailey_m

bailey_m Peon

Best Answers:
    anbody know anything about email solution from bestresponsemedia email-marketing?

would be interested to hear any first hand experiences

Thanks

bailey_m, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  10. segzeey

segzeey Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes it does especially if the email list is "double opt in". You can get several programs just google for it. Becareful also, because there is also so much fraud going on with this type of marketing.

segzeey, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  11. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no online business can ignore email marketing.. it simply works...and cost effective... it woks wonders either for acquiring new customers or for upselling to your existing customers...

if you are running hosting service.. why not send out emails to those newly registered domain owners .. it is a great way to get new customers.

webbmaster, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  12. curtisdawson

curtisdawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am currently building a few lists, they do work, it just takes time to get an active list of subscribers. You can start with aweber or getresponce, it doesn't cost alot to start but once you get a whole bunch of subscribers the price goes up, which wouldn't be a problem if you are making sales.

curtisdawson, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  13. hendrick11

hendrick11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am selling to pet people. So I target lists that have pet organizations, animal rescue organizations, animal professionals, etc. In the past I have been very successful with only emailing.

I am baffled lately that my sales have slowed. The only explanation is that the economy is so bad. People just don't have the money for extra stuff.

I hope things turn around. I am a big believer in emails. The email has to offer something of value. You have to offer something to the recipient that they can only find with you.

hendrick11, Jan 11, 2010 IP
  14. eddiep34

eddiep34 Peon

Best Answers:

I agree..An autoresponder service would be the right strategy for email marketing. I'd suggest aweber cause its pretty good and it is highly recommended by most of the people I know. You can send newsletter and schedule it as well.

eddiep34, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  15. AffiliateKungfu

AffiliateKungfu Peon

Best Answers:
    In my earlier days, I received so many follow-up emails from vendors that I spend a huge portion of my time daily in deleting them.

Email marketing may have worked well in the earlier days, but today as more and more and more people flood other people's inboxes regularly with their autoresponders, it is getting less and less effective by the day.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
    AffiliateKungfu, Jan 12, 2010 IP