1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Sandbox FAQ

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aaron_nimocks, Apr 3, 2006.

1. B.Williams

B.Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google sandbox is not working now. Google has closed sandbox. Anyone tell me when its result will apply on Google search engines. Because sandbox was in testing period and Google gonna update its search engine.

B.Williams, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  2. frenchmen77

frenchmen77 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the useful information.

frenchmen77, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  3. ngodavinet

ngodavinet Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

My site also under GG sandbox.

I will follow this instruction and hope that take out early.

rgs

ngodavinet, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  4. dhirenv

dhirenv Member

Best Answers:
    well every one has there own theory about google sandbox...Sandbox. What is it? Does it really exist? Is there a way to avoid it entirely? Wayne Hurlbert takes you through most of what you ever wanted to know about the Sandbox, but didn't know who to ask.
    Google sand box period is 6 to 8 months.If your sites incoming links will be increase dam fastly its definitely looks like unnatural.so please wait for some time when you have purchased any domain or developed any website.make sure that you sites domain age in more than 8 months to 1 year to optimize your site on google ranking.
    The Google Sandbox is an alleged filter placed on new websites. The result is that a site does not receive good rankings for its most important keywords and keyword phrases. Even with good content, abundant incoming links and strong Google PageRank, a site is still adversely affected by the Sandbox effect. The Sandbox acts as a de facto probation for sites, possibly to discourage spam sites from rising quickly, getting banned, and repeating the process.
    It is thought that the reason Google created the Sandbox new site filter was to stop spam related sites from adding numerous purchased links--and ranking highly for their keywords from the date of launch. Since Google apparently considers a high number of links pointing to a site from the beginning to be rather suspicious, the links are not considered to be natural. Another possibility is spam sites would use various tactics to rise to the top of the search results, and gain heavy sales prior to being banned for being in violation of Google’s Terms of Service; and then repeating the process continually. As a result, new sites are put into a form of probation, usually referred to as the Google Sandbox.
    Only time can get your site out of the Sandbox. The duration in the sandbox tends to vary with the perceived competitiveness of the keyword phrase. That said, there are ways to hasten your rise to the top of the SERPs upon release of the Sandbox filter. By adding some powerful incoming links, with strong link anchor text, and by adding keyword rich relevant content, your site will rise quickly from the Sandbox. Note that the rise will take effect upon the removal of your site’s Sandbox probationary period.

dhirenv, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  5. mrpaisa

mrpaisa Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for giving the info regarding sandbox

mrpaisa, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  6. Marser

Marser Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks it really helped :)

Marser, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  7. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I created a new website and wanted to rank for keywords that weren't even competitive... but then google sandboxed my website, and now blog posts that don't even mention my keywords rank higher. Great information though. Didn't know if I was sandboxed or not.

Sweely, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  8. kasapa

kasapa Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank a lot, I'm in Sandbox as well

kasapa, Jan 2, 2010 IP
  9. bigcashtactics

bigcashtactics Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you go with a website like a wordpress or a blogspot you cannot get sandboxed because google will not especially sandbox a blogspot site since it belongs to google in the first place. google already knows that blogspot and wordpress sites get tons of traffic so it does not sandbox them. this two sites are especially useful for super quick promotions :)

bigcashtactics, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  10. kajaljess

kajaljess Peon

Best Answers:
    If a site is under sandbox, there will be pr updation for that site in regular basis?

kajaljess, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  11. kfawcett

kfawcett Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow I've never heard of this. Kind of interesting.

kfawcett, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  12. siflur

siflur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The so called Sandbox effect is not directly related to the site's PageRank.

siflur, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  13. lalit.pixelsmedia

lalit.pixelsmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Recently I had started working seo for two sites. Within one and half months I can see them in SERP though not in very good position...I had done lots of directory submission, blog commenting, forum posting for those. So for a moment I was thinking sandbox really exist or not. But I have seen some sites really took much time to come on Google. So the difference mainly depends on backlinks? Anyone would like to answer?

pixelsmedia.com

lalit.pixelsmedia, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  14. harryoxford

harryoxford Banned

Best Answers:
    just update contents of your sites with in few weeks and create good back links (one, two or three way)

harryoxford, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  15. ethan1066

ethan1066 Peon

Best Answers:
    i had a great doubt on sandbox...thanks for this thread which cleared some of my doubts but still i am in confusion how a site is sandboxed if you are working on the most competitive k/w...how would one know that his site has sandboxed other then this way that any of his k/w is not in the search engine...what to do when you are sandboxed ..any help on this issue...in simple terms plz...

ethan1066, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  16. jb@naturesbestdoors.com

jb@naturesbestdoors.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I created my own site roughly a year ago for my business in building custom doors. Are the number of links I have going to make or break me in getting out of the sandbox?

jb@naturesbestdoors.com, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  17. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've built a website on wordpress. Within the first three months - it got sandboxed. It has been in the sandbox for about 6 months now. Hopefully, it will get out of the sandbox soon since I'm ranking #1 for almost all my keywords at Yahoo! and Bing.

What you're saying is not true. Wordpress sites can be sandboxed.

Sweely, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  18. KonstantinDK

KonstantinDK Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't know that thanks for the FAQ.

KonstantinDK, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  19. j9project

j9project Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it can be true, I have just set up my new websites with topic - financial advice, weight loss, and beauty skin care, they have been just 4 months, but when I check for the ranking for my keywords, it shows nothing. I was almost to give up at that time, but finally I get back myself and keep going with my article marketing work.

j9project, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  20. Clientchuk

Clientchuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    And how do you evaluate competitiveness of a keyword? Any numbers to consider?
    Some people who use black SEO methods get their new sites on top very quickly by tons of spammy backlinks and so on. So it seems that sandbox don't really affect them...

Clientchuk, Feb 5, 2010 IP