1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics vs Histats

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by PankajKumar, Jan 3, 2010.

Hi,

I am new to the Blogging field and my site is just 2 months old. Recently around 2 weeks back I created account in Histats and Google Analytics to check the number of visitors I get per day.
    Now strangely my Histats report gives me page view around 600+ and Visits around 300 but my google analytics account shows me page view of 1400+ and visits of 350 per day.
    My every page has the script for google and histats (in footer)... so I am confused which one is accurate ?

Can anybody explain me why is this huge difference in page views per day ?

PankajKumar, Jan 3, 2010 IP
  2. dipali

dipali Peon

Best Answers:
    Differation is stats of your blog is there because data collection method of both web analytics tool are different. and I think google analytics is more accurate then any other free web analytics tool.

so take benefit of both analytics tool for perfect analysis of traffic and data.

dipali, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  3. almondhost

almondhost Peon

Best Answers:
    i guess you should rely on the results of google analytics. From my experience, i found them to be more accurate.

almondhost, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  4. coreboy

coreboy Member

Best Answers:
    I had only chosen to use google, because i think google is more accurate

coreboy, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  5. si-green

si-green Peon

Best Answers:
    Google analytics tend to be more accurate and in line with other good analytics such as woopra

si-green, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  6. StevenCashman

StevenCashman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    use google analytics and forget about any other tools, except that help to visualize some results

StevenCashman, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  7. Chris Steiner

Chris Steiner Member

Best Answers:
    How do these two tools compare to your hosting stats? Have you checked against this?

My understanding is that no tool for stats is perfect. I am not familiar with Histats, but Google uses javascript, which could be turned off or not supported (uncommon, but it does happen) or it could run into an error loading, or the person may not stay on one page long enough to load the code.

BTW - which code comes first in your footer? Have you tried switching this to see if it makes a difference? Could be that one is loading but not the other...

Chris Steiner, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  8. PankajKumar

PankajKumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Chris for the advice. I will try to switch their position... Actually Google Analytics itself is sufficient enough. Can you please explain how can I check these data from hosting service. I haven't still tried that option.

PankajKumar, Jan 6, 2010 IP
  9. Tuxone

Tuxone Peon

Best Answers:
    how do i know that Google Analytics is working , because in my Google Analytics graph only show flat line :eek:

Tuxone, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  10. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google analytics is more better than Histats because Google Analytics results are very accurate.

Card, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  11. waxler007

waxler007 Member

Best Answers:
    I use Google A. and it's not perfect but I get enough info from it.

waxler007, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  12. sydneysuperyacht

sydneysuperyacht Peon

Best Answers:
    There are too much websites that given statistic of the websites.. but i have used only google analytics b'coz it's very accurate...

sydneysuperyacht, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  13. chainas

chainas Peon

Best Answers:
    I think google analytics got more detailed statistics than Histats

chainas, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  14. Greyhound

Greyhound Banned

Best Answers:
    Histats didn't count any views in the past three hours, strange.

Greyhound, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  15. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Analytics has been extremely accurate for me.

Webwaster, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  16. chems

chems Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think google analytics is more professional

chems, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  17. brisbane synthetic grass

brisbane synthetic grass Peon

Best Answers:
    Stick with Google.

18. teamaguilar

teamaguilar Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics is the best.

teamaguilar, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  19. Francesco.histats

Francesco.histats Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, i'm the programmer of histats.com i would like to send you to histats dedicated support forum/twitter/facebook to get better support, anyway sometimes i like to read around what people say about my service :)

i would like to say that similar differences are very strange, probably the histats code has not been inserted in all pages of your site, or it loads after some external component wich hang to load (causing the successive scripts hanging too)

in my experience histats is sometime more accurate than google analytics, why? because these tracking system are diffent, sometimes google loose some data and create estimation but i'm talking about 0.1% , on other hand, the fact that google is not in real time advantage them on calculating session doing a better job merging ip and cookie data, i do also that but in real time is sometime less accurate (this can cause some variations in unique / unique monthly ) anyway i give priority to cookie than ip address in calculation of unique visitors, if cookie are disable i'll use ip (which on shared networks are an issue)

anyway i LOVE google analytics for some things that no one in the world can do, they are huge, sometimes you need one of theyr features and they can help you, expecially if you are selling something or running advertising and you need to calculate ROI.
    for my professional websites i use both histats.com (which is in real time, you have take a look ;) , fast to read , and have visitors logs with ip and single visit tracking ) and google analytics to get a double check on some stats and for some of theyr tools which i think are very similar to omniture (very professional service)

i'm sorry if i've been a bit long in explanation but it's my job i like to talk about it and i like when people appreciate :D
    if you have any complaints to send to me i'm on official histats support channels , i'll also take a look here for some days anyway ;)

Thank you,
    Francesco Vigotti

Francesco.histats, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  20. supm

supm Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics is actually not very accurate, in that it under-reports a massive amount of traffic. AWStats is a much more accurate tool. According to many users, Google Analytics reports less than half of the traffic that AWStats reports. Moreover, Google Analytics doesn't allow IP addresses to be viewed, whereas AWStats does.

supm, Jan 2, 2011 IP