1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to NOT get ripped off...

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by moronic_kaos, Jan 1, 2010.

I've heard a lot about people getting ripped off selling articles here on DP. Most of the complaints seem to stem from [WTB] threads in the Content Creation section, and not through the section that sells article packs. Is this always the case, or are my chances of getting ripped off selling article packs just as bad?

moronic_kaos, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  2. pixie dust

pixie dust Peon

Best Answers:
    Since you're selling tangible goods (and not services), you're pretty much on the safe side. You will get ripped off though if you agree to send your article packs way before you receive payment from your buyers.

I'm not familiar with chargebacks, but I read elsewhere that these *may* happen too.

pixie dust, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  3. moronic_kaos

moronic_kaos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the warning on chargebacks. I will keep that in mind before giving positive credit to an iTrader account (never dealt with that system before).

Another question that comes to mind is how exactly does the payment system here on DP work? When someone clicks to buy my articles, are they brought somewhere to enter their PayPal ID? Or, am I simply notified that someone has bought my article and the whole matter is dealt with privately?

moronic_kaos, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  4. Kunalbhatia

Kunalbhatia Active Member

Best Answers:
    DP has no payment system. DP is simply a platform for buyers and sellers to meet. All payments are made through paypal and are not routed through DP in anyway so if you get duped, all you can do is give a negative iTrader which warns future sellers/buyers that the concerned person is a potential scammer. Or you can throw a tantrum as well, but that's not a very good idea :)

Kunalbhatia, Jan 2, 2010 IP
    lightless likes this.
  5. Otillier011

Otillier011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, I guess this is the tradeoff. I am new at DP and have tried my luck with several WTBs and the initial results that I got are not really that bad.

Otillier011, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  6. johagulo

johagulo Peon

Best Answers:
    You will get ripped off. Here they want high quality for low price

johagulo, Jan 18, 2010 IP
    johagulo likes this.
  7. moronic_kaos

moronic_kaos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was actually planning on making some WTS threads, $15 for 5, 500 words/each.

Although, I have been playing around all over DP and found some other interesting stuff to toy with, so I'm holding off writing at the moment until I need the money for investment purposes (domain name, hosting, PPC, etc).

Anyway, thanks again for your help. If I can ever afford to have someone write for me (for more than the rate I mentioned above :) ), I will think of you guys on DP first.

moronic_kaos, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  8. J. Falcn

J. Falcn Peon

Best Answers:
    +1

The prices here are ridiculous, so I'm sure both writers and buyers are getting equally ripped off.

The buyers want to pay 3 - 4 dollars for a quality writer, when in fact they are getting someone with little to no writing skills and most likely very low reliability.

As for the writers, God help them, to say they are selling their services cheap would be the understatement of the century.

J. Falcn, Jan 20, 2010 IP