1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stamp effect in photoshop

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by maney, Aug 26, 2006.

I have a logo (you can see it on my forum, link in signature) and I want to add a stamp effect to it in photoshop. To get an idea of what I mean, take a look at this website : http://phpbbfm.net/ they have taken the phpbb logo and added their stamp to it. I want to do a similar thing (only in green and saying forum, hehe).

Any good tutorials I can follow? I've been trying google but I've only found one that actually created something similar to what I mean and that had to be done in a seperate file on a white background, then it I tried to remove the background things screwed up a little.

edit: Heres a link to a tutorial I found, and its what I am looking for only I want it to be square and done on the file http://www.thedesignworld.com/photoshop-tutorials/text-effects/passport-stamp/ I'll have a crack at it but I on't think its going to make something I can put into the file :(

maney, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  2. StrangeLife

StrangeLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    StrangeLife, Aug 26, 2006 IP
    ramakrishna p likes this.
  3. duilen

duilen Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can make a simple stamp effect with css. Put a 10-15px padding area around your image that contrasts from your bg. Then apply a dashed border around your image the color of your bg.

Example:

padding: 10px;
    background: white;
    border: 3px dashed grey;

Code (markup):
    note: grey is the color of the background of the page in this example.

duilen, Aug 27, 2006 IP
  4. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Simple four steps tutorial. Hope This will solve the purpose. In photoshop filters are great help if we know the effect of each and every option. Thank you for the link.

ramakrishna p, Aug 27, 2006 IP
  5. duilen

duilen Active Member

Best Answers:
    duilen, Aug 27, 2006 IP