1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo! Answers - The Complete Guide.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Sweely, Dec 23, 2009.

First of all, I would like to say hi. I'm Nabil. I live in Sweden, and I just turned 17. Got some websites up and running, and I'm making about $500/month at the moment.

I've been around DP for a while now... and wherever I go, I see people talking about the best way to get backlinks. Some say forum posting is good, others blog commenting. I agree, they're all really good - but in my opinion - Yahoo! Answers is so much better.

You may not get an anchor link to your website if you answer a question related to your niche, but you do get a really relevant backlink, and that's what counts - even though the links posted on Yahoo! Answers are nofollow. Some people say nofollow backlinks can make your website rise in the SERP and I have chosen to believe in that.

A lot of people try answering questions on Yahoo! Answers, but they do not do it the right way. Almost all link builders fail.

I've seen people post 20 answers in one day, with a link to their website in every single answer. Some of you may think it's good. Well, it is - if you do it right... but not a lot of people do so. These link builders post about 20 - 50 answers, but when somebody reports one of their answers, the answer gets removed. When one answer gets removed, you risk getting all the other answers removed too, if you're new... so be careful when you post links in Yahoo! Answers. If you get them all removed, then you've wasted your time and sadly enough, this happens very often.

When you're going to answer questions on Yahoo! Answers, make sure you know something about the subject, since posting BS will only piss people off, and believe me - you do not want enemies at Yahoo! Answers.

HOW TO BECOME SUCCESSFUL @ YAHOO! ANSWERS.

In order for you to get those relevant backlinks to your website, and that extra traffic boost - follow these simple(?) steps.

• Don't answer questions you do not have answers to. Answering questions you don't know anything about will only make people press the "dislike button" since you're obviously spamming.
    • In order for everything to look genuine, upload an avatar, and fill out your profile information. This is important. Do not skip this step.
    • Do an advanced search for the keywords you're targeting, and specify that you only want open questions. Those are the questions you're supposed to answer.
    When you do answer questions, do not write ten words and paste your URL. In order for your answer to get chosen as the best answer, the answer must be long and informative. Try making this a rule: my answers are going to be longer than the answers posted above. That rule works out great for me.

I got some examples for you. This is one of my answers. It got chosen as the best answer. That gives me even more exposure, and some people say the link becomes worth more if it's chosen as the best answer.

IMPORTANT STEP - THIS IS WHERE EVERYBODY FAILS!

I keep telling you that you should add a link to your answer, and that's exactly what you should do - but... the link should be added in the "resource box" and not in the answers area. The answers in the bottom of this question is a perfect example of an answer that will get removed sooner or later. They are considered as spam, and the URL:s may get banned from Yahoo! Answers. Always remember: The link should be put in the resource box, not in the main area.

Two really important things to always remember:

• Do not spam. Jamming your URL into every single answer without contributing will get your account and/or URL removed.
    • Be active. Answer some questions without a link sometimes, just to make it all look natural.
    Follow these simple steps in order to build very relevant backlinks to your website. They will not only make you rise in the SERP, they will also give you visitors. Doing this for two or three hours a week will build you amazing backlinks and make you rise in the SERP faster than ever!

Sweely, Dec 23, 2009 IP
    Jim4767 and bandito1 like this.
  2. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try it, and report to me what results you got!

No, you will not get in to any trouble if you post the same link into 15 good and informative answers... but try to make it look realistic. Answer some questions without your link sometimes.

Yes, that really is the most important thing. To not spam. If you've been banned once, you can always create a new account - but beware, Yahoo! Answers can ban your URL. You're welcome. I hope you guys liked my article.

Sweely, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  3. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, it's cool that I'm inspiring you! Good luck with your answering.

I do? Haha, thanks for the feedback.

How long are your answers? If your answers are long, and I mean really long, then people will not report you. Post long answers, with a link in the signature box and you'll be fine. Works out great for me! Tell me if you need any help or use my service if you do not think you can do it yourself.

Sweely, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  4. xphnlove2004

xphnlove2004 Peon

Best Answers:
    This sound like great.. did you get good traffic by using this method?

xphnlove2004, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  5. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I got really good traffic by using this method, I even managed to sell some of my products. You're not allowed to post affiliate links there though, but have affiliate links on your website and you'll be fine. The best thing about this is the backlinks!

Sweely, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  6. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on what your website is about. If you, just like me, have a website about YouTube - then the YouTube category may be the category that is the most relevant one. If you sell cars, then the automotive category could be your most relevant category. It's all about your website and relevancy.

Sweely, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  7. tbake1

tbake1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel it is very important to answer questions as if you were speaking only to the person that asked the question. Dont get side tracked by other peoples comments. Make the your answer sound informative and give a couple of reasons. I always like to give a good paragraph. When I do this I seems I always win the best answers comment.

tbake1, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  8. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You go try it, I hope it works out great for you!

It is really important to answer the question as if you were speaking to the person. Don't bother even reading what others have written... just hit that "answer button" and give a long, informative answer. Works out just great!

Sweely, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  9. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:
    Very good advices. Spamming will always get you in trouble sooner or later and posting BS answers will only piss other users off. This is the same here on this forum as on Yahoo Answers.
    My answers have been chosen several times as best answer and I got some traffic out of it but can't say it is That traffic source. But maybe it's just me because I just don't have the time to spend several hours a week on answering questions on yahoo. I rather spend the time on writing an article which I submit to several different article websites. This has caused me getting way more traffic.

verdecove, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  10. alvin1978

alvin1978 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it necessary that to put URL:s to the resource box?

alvin1978, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  11. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

If you do not put your URL in the source box - your answer will be marked as spam.

Sweely, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  12. bizz_man

bizz_man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great post... I have been using my method with yahoo answers (pretty much the same) if done right you can generate some great targeted traffic.

bizz_man, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  13. Mecal

Mecal Peon

Best Answers:
    excellent post, I will give this a shot once again. :)

edit: wow. I just put in a nice detailed answer to a question... and someone gave me a thumbs down. lol

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
    Mecal, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  14. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That could be one of your competitors. Whenever I see somebody spamming in my niche, I give the answer a thumb down or report it. It doesn't matter if you get at thumb down - as long as the answer is still there - you get credit for it. Ignore the thumbs!

Sweely, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  15. Mecal

Mecal Peon

Best Answers:
    hm, interesting.

I wasn't quite "spamming" either - as I had the longest and most detailed answer out of all of them (thus far).
    oh well, thanks!

Mecal, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  16. Klutze

Klutze Peon

Best Answers:
    Great little guide, I've used Yahoo! Answers a few times in the past and was surprised to see the results from a little work.

Klutze, Dec 30, 2009 IP
  17. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People are just pissing you off. Don't worry about it.

Yeah it is! Really good to use.

By using Yahoo! Answers I got this PR on my latest websites:

PR 0 - 3.
    PR 1 - 2.
    PR 0 - 2.
    PR 0 - 2.
    PR 1 - 2.
    PR 1 - 2.
    PR 0 - 1.
    Pr 0 - 1.

The only negative result I had was that one of my blogs went from PR 3 - 2.

Sweely, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  18. enwriter

enwriter Peon

Best Answers:
    Really great tips, however you perplex me when you say you give other answerers a dumb down and even report them sometimes.:confused:

That's not a good energy exchange with the universe, you attack those who use the same technique as you?

As a 32 year old, with you being 17, like a big sista, I say "stop it, you're being immature" lol, lol, just kidding.:D

But I hope you don't report me, lol, lol

Great tip, good advice:D

enwriter, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  19. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha. The thing is, my answers are long, informative and helpful. All other answers with links are duplicates and are only used for spamming purposes - therefore, I report them. Even if somebody reports me, the answer does not get removed. I don't spam, but everyone else does. Kind of.

Sweely, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  20. nhc1987

nhc1987 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure? Just give me 5 of your best answers and I will prove that you are wrong :)

nhc1987, Dec 31, 2009 IP