1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GAF Writers is a Joke.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by wounded1987, Nov 23, 2009.

1. alekia

alekia Peon

Best Answers:
    GAF, or make me shutter Turk are all sites praying on writers needs and the needs of people who want to write. Now I realize that money is tight for many people but is money ever to tight to sacrifice quality? More importantly by patronizing sites like this you are allowing them to exist and promoting substandard writing. If your budget is tight wouldn't it be better to learn to write yourself? Any native English speaker has to be better than the dribble that comes from paying such cheap prices.
    Now I believe introductory articles can be a powerful resource for you and clients, just make sure you don't price even these to low. Most importantly, as you prove yourself and build your clientele make sure that the introductory price isn't the only price.
    Sorry for the tirade but these types of sites really boil me!

alekia, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  2. writerforever

writerforever Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to share something about the statement of the TS regarding "GAF Writers is a Joke".

First, I am a writer myself for how many years in GAF. I got most of my clients in GAF. As of the moment, it's really so sad seeing project buyers posting projects $1 per 500 words. Imagine? It is as if it is far better to write an article for free.

But if you are looking for money and bidding for $1 per 500 word project would make you survive for a day or two, I do bid for projects with low rates. However, I have realized I would end up classified as a cheap writer and buyers will keep on doing this as often.

This is the reason, I don't bid for projects in GAF anymore. No more $2 per 500 word article, no more $1 per rewrite and no more scam bags who do not want to pay after submitting 3-4 articles.

I am writing my articles myself and don't outsource any project to other writers because if I calculate earnings through outsourcing, writers would earn more than me. Plus, quality would not be consistent which could damage my reputation.

I am a writer and proud to be one! I know no race, skin color, or gender. All I know I communicate to people through words with no expiration on the net. Whether I am paid for writing or doing it for fun, it feeds my soul and make me whole again.

writerforever, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  3. the writer

the writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am writer; hear me roar! :rolleyes: (a little tribute to Helen Reddy, and this was very nicely written)

the writer, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  4. handsome guy

handsome guy Active Member

Best Answers:
    what a day for writer..Internet Marketer now are full of spammer, they want to earn more but don't want to invest..

handsome guy, Dec 25, 2009 IP