1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to upload flash banner to Adwords?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Apollo310, Dec 21, 2009.

Usually when uploading a gif banner, I just had to right click on it, then "save target as" to my desktop, then from there upload onto my "image only" ad in Adwords.

However with the flash banner, I'm not able to do that. Because when I right clicked on it, it does not give me the option to "save target as". Instead I see "zoom in", "show all", "play", "quality", "loop", "rewind", "forward", "back, "print", and "about adobe flash player".

Anyone know how to to do it?

Apollo310, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  2. Apollo310

Apollo310 Peon

Best Answers:
    I should add that I have the codes to the flash banners, but won't be able to paste that in since Adwords requires that you "browse" for the banner is already saved on your computer. Anyone know how to upload the flash banner into Adwords?

3. Fletch_123

Fletch_123 Peon

Best Answers:
    If the flash asset is in a .swf format, you should have no problem uploading into the Adwords UI. Just upload it from whatever location its currently located at(or save it, dont 'save target as', then upload it).

Fletch_123, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  4. Apollo310

Apollo310 Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems like that would be the easiest thing to do. Except I'm looking at the Adwords banner upload page and it doesn't seem to give me the option to pull the banner from its location. It just has the "browse" button which to my understanding only lets you pull the banner from your hard drive only. Or am I wrong?

How would I save a flash banner? As stated above I right clicked on it and it does not give me the option to save it.

5. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's what Fletch is saying.

You save your banner on your hard disk. Create a folder, call it "Adwords Banners" or whatever you want. Then, from Adwords, click the button and go "fetch" your file, or "pull" as you say, from that folder.

Lucid Web Marketing, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  6. Apollo310

Apollo310 Peon

Best Answers:
    As explained in my initial post I'm not able to save the flash banner. Because I'm not able to capture it when right clicking on it. It's closed.

7. Fletch_123

Fletch_123 Peon

Best Answers:
    you should be able to copy the .swf file(right click, 'copy') to any location on your computer(desktop, documents folder, etc..). once copied there, upload the file using the browse button.

Fletch_123, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  8. Apollo310

Apollo310 Peon

Best Answers:
    Fletch as stated in my first post, it doesn't give me a "copy" option when I right clicked on it. That is the problem I'm having. There is no way for me to save the flash banner in order to upload onto Adwords.

9. ZacCarter

ZacCarter Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you creating your own banners in flash or trying to save other peoples work off the web?

ZacCarter, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  10. Apollo310

Apollo310 Peon

Best Answers:
    Trying to save the flash banner from a site that I am affiliated with.

11. Apollo310

Apollo310 Peon

Best Answers:
    So the question now becomes how do I save a flash banner from its website?

12. Fletch_123

Fletch_123 Peon

Best Answers:
    well, yeah ..if your trying to pull the flash from the web page its currently on, that's not going to work. You need the actual file to be able to do anything with it. Whoever the webmaster/owner of the site is who your affiliated with should be able to give you the flash file they uploaded into their cms/ad server.

Fletch_123, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  13. ZacCarter

ZacCarter Peon

Best Answers:
    in firefox you can go to tools>>page info>>media tab>>

then select the file and hit save as, it should have a .swf extension

ZacCarter, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  14. Apollo310

Apollo310 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, I do have the file which is a bunch of code lines that I think points to the server location of the banner. But this where I'm stuck. Adwords does not let me pull up the banner by using the file code. It only lets you pull it up as a saved file from your hard drive.

Apollo310, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  15. plucky

plucky Member

Best Answers:
    appolo, if you have the url of the swf file (u will be able to find it in the source just do this:

open up notepad
    put in <a href="url of the swf file">link</a>
    save it as whatever.html
    open it in your browser
    right click, save target as, and there u have your swf file.

However, to upload into adwords you need to ensure that it has the clickTag in place, which, unless you have the source (.fla) you won't know. If you're sure it's a Google ad already, then it should be fine, but if its from another source, then even if you upload it, it will automatically fail and not generate any impressions...

plucky, Dec 22, 2009 IP