1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site is not listing in Dmoz

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by makhussy, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I have submitted my site in dmoz directory but dmoz is not approving my site

is there any terms and condition for submitting website to dmoz

makhussy, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    once you have submitted you have done all you can do.

Agent000, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  3. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You may not want to hear this, but it can take from a few days to a few years for a review to a possible listing to take place. We do not advise if a site has been used or not, sorry.

Anonymously, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  4. daniar

daniar Guest

Best Answers:
    i submitted my site months ago but either no luck

daniar, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  5. r26

r26 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey and what's your site kind of? is it really worth adding to ODP? i don't compare, just worried why my site hasn't been still added to the ODP. It has good PR and backlinks, interesting old site.

r26, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  6. BloggerExpertz

BloggerExpertz Peon

Best Answers:
    Bros, Untill your site is providing 100% Quality Content, Dmoz will not list you

BloggerExpertz, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  7. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    I have listed well over 20,000 sites on ODP and never checked PR for a single one. It is meaningless in terms of being used as a listing at DMOZ.

Anonymously, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  8. Chris S. Taylor

Chris S. Taylor Peon

Best Answers:
    It can take several months to get listed in DMOZ and sometimes you don't even get approved. You should always try to submit a website to DMOZ, but you should never worry about it because a) there is nothing you can do b) it isn't even as important as people make it out to be.

Chris S. Taylor, Dec 17, 2009 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  9. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The ODP has been known to list deeplinks with NOTHING more then syndicated content. So 100% Quality Content is a myth perpetuated by editors to keep non-editor sites out of the ODP. Though, the editors may say otherwise ;)

Really though, it's all a matter of Editor Whim. Your "quality" site may not make it in, but a competitor site that is crap in your opinion may make it in... in many cases though, if both your site and your competitor site are both in the suggestion pool, they could be there for YEARS so no amount of quality content can ever change that if no editors are bothering to look in the queue.

Qryztufre, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  10. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    is that why your got listed when you were an editor and listed 6 sites?

Anonymously, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  11. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Actually, I have nothing to do with my site currently being listed. Remember that my site was removed :p

12. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    No just held in unreview until it returned.

Anonymously, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  13. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    L.O.L.

You do realize that it still means my site is listed due to SOMEONE else listing it and not being listed due to ME adding it. So it's pretty clear that when you bring up me listing my own site it's clear you are being misleading. By ALL accounts my site is and was listable (cept maybe in that 15 minutes it was down).

DP needs a troll award, and YOU need to receive it. Congrats on being completely unhelpful. In trying to make me look bad time & time again, you, time and time again, make yourself and the ODP look bad.

Your sig does not change the fact you are still a spokesman for the ODP, and if you disagree, that could ONLY be due to you NOT being an editor.

You claim to be a DMOZ editor, and you are posting on an board dedicated to DMOZ. How can you NOT be speaking as an editor????

14. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No one is a spokesman for ODP other than AOL Staff and the Editor In Chief, R D Keating.

Editors are allowed to express personal opinions. Doing so does not make it an official statement.

snooks, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  15. vengs

vengs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have submitting site and reading their forum from quite sometime.
    i have found they are largely unprofessional.They feel they are doing mercy on users running the site and say its their will to list or unlist site(...they clearly say...if editor is not interested ,they can throw legit site as well)
    They will say "TOS" problem or "May be not reviewed" 9/10 times...so dont bother asking them...

to be straight,rather than these understand how people becomes editors,who are editors and use your brain.

vengs, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  16. vengs

vengs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thats not true....
    i have seen many piece of waste being listed there...and much better site (seo wise,content wise,visitor wise,pr wise) not listed there....

vengs, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  17. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    In that case there is NO difference between an ex-ed or an ed giving advice, or for that matter an ed or someone that does not even know what the ODP even means...

As MANY editors seem to try to invalidate non-editors, yet if their word is just as official, then why would that be? Trolling? Deceit? Whatever... it's certainly misleading.

In fact, as editors are mostly the people that post on the ODP blog, their word is also invalid on some level, as they are not staff, though I must say it's still more valid then RZ.

18. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    You don't need me to make you look bad, you can do that quite well. I have never said that your site was not listable, please indicate the thread if you maintain differently. But I have maintained that you took the trouble to apply, find sites, describe them and be accepted as an editor. Then you list 6 sites including your own and find an excuse and leave. Now that seems like a lot of trouble to get your site listed. You also admit that when it was removed because it did not return that you screamed everywhere. But you also tell people not to bother submitting a site, but you went to all that trouble to get yours listed.

Not sure what you mean by valid. But RZ is run by senior editors who know most things about DMOZ and the answers are invariably correct in my experience. But it has never been described as official as far as I am aware, but as I have said run by people who really know. There is a sense that those who write on the blog write more officially because anything added to the blog is added by AOL staff.

vengs
    Bingo you got in one, we are definitely not professional. We are all volunteers and amateurs, this is our hobby, not a business, it's like some people collect stamps, coins etc. They are often fanatical about their hobby and so are we but it is a hobby.

Anonymously, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  19. vengs

vengs Greenhorn

Best Answers:

i guess there are not any editors from dmoz or mod from their so called discussion forum,who is acting like mod in DP as well.:D
    Means if there are,may be he will close this thread rather than disucssing and listening to opposing opinions. :)

any way i mean "unprofessional" in sense that
    1)There should be some laws governing anything,suppose if some website passes all test and is according to TOS and if editor says "i wont approve it coz i dont like that site or it is my hobby i wont approve it" then he should be punished.
    but they bluntly say "ok ,i wont do it.What can you do?" :D

2)No laibility or accountability
    Naming it personal site and collecting people data ,own(a site) has certain reponsibilites as well.One should not misuse that data or blew that data and say "we dont know about it coz u havenot paid us" :D

so unpro in this sense.....
    bit unpro may be not listening to opposing opinion like ....."ok we agree on these points...for now we dont have enough editors and money to pay....we are coming up with plans to amend these flaws soon....."
    rather for now i think they say
    "what we say is right :take it,what ever you say is utter nonsense"

These are not allegations.We have experience and posts to prove our points.

vengs, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  20. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    I wish I understood half of your post, but if you mean here, are DMOZ editors mods here, I haven't got a clue. I certainly am not a mod here or there might be more bans and posts deleted.

There are rules they are very clear, have you read them? I doubt it. Try this one
    http://www.dmoz.org/add.html

How much clearer can we be?

If I understood the rest of the post I would comment on it, but it just does not make any sense, sorry.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
    Anonymously, Dec 20, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.