1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Experts, How much time it takes in avarage to reach 1000 uniques/ day??

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by drahmedgalal, Dec 9, 2009.

Experts, How much time it takes in avarage to reach 1000 uniques/ day in a medium competitive niche ??

i know that there is no fixed figures here but you can tell us the average among all the websites you built.

drahmedgalal, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  2. drahmedgalal

drahmedgalal Peon

Best Answers:
    hay it will be nice to share this info with beginners like me . start answering you can even write the number only

3. gothic love

gothic love Peon

Best Answers:
    the best thing to do is to check on google keywords, your keywords. now if it has 30,000 searchs a months and you are on the 1st result on google for that term than you got it.

If your keywords has less traffic than this, you will need to come up with more targeted ketwords.

Anyway i have a site with 1000 uv a day and it took me one year, from the other hand i have a site with 2500 uv a day and it took we *only* 4 months.

so with little luck and lot of work you can achive it :)

gothic love, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  4. drahmedgalal

drahmedgalal Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks love for sharing this valuable info. some people say that there is a milestone in visitors count happen after about 6 months is this true??

5. Onguardia.com

Onguardia.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember it's so temporary out there. Wish is was permanent. hard to stay at a level you get too, then the thing starts fallin' down...

Onguardia.com, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  6. gothic love

gothic love Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, 6 months is long enough to see where you going with your site.

gothic love, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  7. byrallier

byrallier Peon

Best Answers:
    waow.my got.how to built in 6 months

byrallier, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  8. alex_cristo

alex_cristo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it depens on a lot of things but the most important is you sites content, if your site's content is really so good and unique and you update it with fresh content time to time then t will soon get among top rank and get lot of visitors and traffic. So as good as your site content, lesser will be time to get higher traffic.

alex_cristo, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  9. garyl2k

garyl2k Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really does depend on the marketing your targeting, if you have high competition then expect things to take a little longer but if you are lucky and find a market which has not that many people fighting over it then you have a good chance of taking top spot pretty fast.

The key thing is never giving up, even if its a tough market you can still get top spot no matter what people tell you.

For me, on of my markets it took me around one year to get on the front page of Google for one single Keyword, some other keywords it took me a few months. Though what you will find is that the older your domain gets the faster you will start seeing results.

Good luck.

G

garyl2k, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  10. tenev

tenev Active Member

Best Answers:
    took me about 3-4 months to hit 1000 uVS but it varies every day from 600 to 1200

i did find a keyword that sites don't use, and has about 29 000 searches monthly , and it was the winning keyword :)
    few days ago i found another keyword that doesn't have much advertisers, but has about 300 000 searches, was a big luck , my advice is to find a good keyword first, then create your website :)

tenev, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  11. Miguel82

Miguel82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It really does depend on the market you target. If you are in a competitive market it may be tough to get any traffic, if there is no competition there may be no users. Its a tough balancing act.

Keep marketing your site every day and the traffic will come - eventually.

The actually answer to your question is the same answer to "how long is a piece of string?"

Miguel82, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  12. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's more about the amount of work you put in... put it more hours of work a day, more traffic will come and quicker

Ascendancy, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  13. sfraise

sfraise Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on how much money you have to sink into the website.
    You can start getting 1,000 uniques a day today if you want to sink some money into pay per click ads.
    You can start getting 1,000 uniques a day within a week if you want to drop a significant amount of cash into buying back links.

If you want to do it for free it's going to take quite a bit of time and a lot of tedious work on link building and strategically picking keywords that you can achieve with the resources you have. Even after months of tedious mind numbing work you may not be any closer to your goal than you are today. Many of the things people are doing now such as blog commenting to pick up free links are probably not going to do you much good soon as Google is working on algos to devalue those links. I foresee blog comment links going the way of the doorway pages soon.

The site in my sig does around 3,000 uniques per day, it's been up for about 2 1/2 years, and is a relatively large site with a lot of bells and whistles compared to the competition. I've sunk quite a bit of time and effort into the actual building of the thing. I've put quite a bit of time into building back links. And I've sunk some money into some of my link building effort. This site is closing in on some pretty competitive keywords and I'm estimating within 3 months we'll see about a 10-20 times increase in traffic. We are #3 for chat rooms in Yahoo and #17 for chat in yahoo. Google has us a bit lower but we're quickly making up ground, we just jumped from page 53 for chat to bouncing between page 6-10 mainly from picking up one good back link using chat as the anchor text. We've been bouncing around between page 1 and 2 for chat rooms in Google so I plan to pick up a good quality back link using chat rooms as the anchor to help secure it on page 1 again. Yes money talks and bs walks if you really want to rank for keywords worth ranking for. The trick is to make more from the site than what you spend, not an easy task starting out. Is your site worth investing in? If so get a second job and use the income to build back links. If not then why spend the time on it? If you are serious about making your site a success like I said I recommend getting a second job for a while and taking a little trip over to the buy/sell/trade section of dp and visiting the link sales section.

sfraise, Dec 14, 2009 IP
    nickswift likes this.
  14. alainajoseph05

alainajoseph05 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the theme of the site on which we have to bring uniques.....
    it can be 15 days and it can be 6 months....so all depends on the theme....

alainajoseph05, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  15. zgerm

zgerm Peon

Best Answers:
    it depends how much effort to maintain your site in a regular basis, if the content always updated you can sure that you can hit that amount of visitors that you wanted to be.

zgerm, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  16. tariq1654

tariq1654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on many things. If you need converting traffic from related keyword searches then you have to work hard for min 6 months. On the other hand if you have 10,000 twitter followers in 2 months, then can get 1000 UV everyday.

tariq1654, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  17. Sharpwebhosting

Sharpwebhosting Member

Best Answers:
    it took me 1 1/2 years to get to 1000 uniques a day.

Sharpwebhosting, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  18. mykheille

mykheille Peon

Best Answers:
    If you built the right marketing campaign you should make that goal with 3-6 months. Also it helps if you do social marketing as well.

mykheille, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  19. HydroJohn

HydroJohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I could generate over 10,000 UV's tomorrow. I did this on my image hosting site as a project.

Heres a brief overview for the whole 7 day project I did

Day 1 Buy domain, hosting set up script do some coding to get it to my liking
    Day 2 Do some research into big traffic forums and niche. Found cars/sports/celeb images/funny pics
    Day 3 Uploaded pictures from the above niches to my image host started promoting
    Day 4 Found funny pics/celeb images the best for my image host so just worked on them 2 niches
    Day 5 Expanding my forum posting doing around 200 forum posts per day on around 20 high traffic forums
    Day 6 Was only making $4-$8 per day on AdSense for around 5 hours solid forum posting work... unhappy!!!
    Day 7 Sold the site on DP for $175, so all In all a good project but got bored.

In conclusion I got lots of traffic from social bookmarking and forum posting but couldn't convert it into $$$ you should focus on your AdSense earnings and not traffic,

If you need help just pm me and Ill try my best :D

HydroJohn, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  20. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah same here, I got a ton of traffic from the forums I was posting in. I didn't just start spamming, I spent my time replying to individual posts and I got a lot of visitors from these forums, but none of them bought anything lol what a waste of time. At least i know now not to waste my time on forums. I'll use them for linkjuice and nothing else.

Michelle., Dec 19, 2009 IP