1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Attitude Do DP'ers Have On Marijuana Law?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Hijynx427, Dec 16, 2009.

?

What Type of Marijuana Law Reform Do You Think the US Should Adopt?

1. None. Marijuana is a menace to society.

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. Decriminalization - pots a problem but putting people in jail for it is wasting resources

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Legalization - the revenue that can be made by legalizing is huge

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  4. Wait, pot's not legal in the US? Then WHY AM I SMOKING IT???? LOL

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    I've been wondering a long time as to whether the folks on DP are overall supporters of a reform of marijuana law or if they are satisfied with the current legislation. That's why I've started this poll. Also, if you have stories, opinions or rants about pot - please contribute to the thread!

:)

Jason

Hijynx427, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It will be legal in California this time next year. Ballot measure legalizing it is going to be on the ballot in November 2010. Previous polls put 56% of Californians behind legalization.

browntwn, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  3. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    ~ Decriminalize and regulate all the drug issues, help the people who need help....remove law enforcement entirely.

Breeze Wood, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  4. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pot is no worse than tobacco so treat it the same way, actually is way less addictive

cientificoloco, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  5. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    browntown, it won't be legal in California. At least, until the Controlled Substance Act is amended. As of right now, the CSA (US Federal Law, which trumps California State law) places Marijuana as a schedule I drug. A schedule I drug is a drug which is classified under that law as having no legitimate medical use, and as such, is completely illega. Anything from II-V are legal with prescriptions. Cocaine is a schedule II drug (eye surgeons use it to constrict capilaries). This was a big issue when California tried that medicinal thing for a while. The DEA kicked in the doors of a ton of doctors for distribution. Guess what will happen?

I spent a year working narcotics. I think it's stupid. Waste of man power. It really is a victimless crime. When I charged people for it the US Government was the victim. WTF? I can see that for damage to government proeprty or larceny of government property, but doing drugs? It's a waste of money, man hours, and prison space. Legalize it all. Tax the crap out of it, and let people live their lives doing the drugs if they want to. I can drink. I can smoke cigarettes/dip, but I can't smoke a joint? Which is actually better for you than cigarettes?

hostlonestar, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  6. kolgames

kolgames Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that it should be legalized. Marijuana, if smoked right, causes no negative health effects, and is actually GOOD for the body. Marijuana is already used for medicinal reasons, why not for recreational as well? Many people react to weed differently, when I used to do it, I would change from calm to cautious, and was happy the whole time. What is wrong with being cautious? Nothing. Drinking on the other hand, impairs speech, vision, and motor skills, whats wrong with that? it kills people. Also it IS possible to OD on Alcohol, and IMPOSSIBLE to OD on Marijuana. Marijuana is really just a harmless, yet misunderstood drug, that was made illegal because of a crazy doctor.

kolgames, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  7. Mentalhead

Mentalhead Active Member

Best Answers:
    Marijuana is bad, mkay? You shouldn't do drugs, mkay?
    But anyway I think that marijuana will be legalized in whole world in about 5 years.

Mentalhead, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  8. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's rediculous that it's illegal.

stOx, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  9. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Just like right now there is dispensaries selling marijuana all over and the Feds are not doing anything. They simply cannot and will not do anything to stop CA. It will happen - although possibly not on that measure, but I think within the next couple years it will be legal in CA for sure.

browntwn, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  10. kolgames

kolgames Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey I think we finally agree on something ;)

11. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Oregon will probably follow right after California, like we really need more non-productive citizens in this state....

It will most likely increase the use amongst the youth and those few who only don't do it because it is against the law.

debunked, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  12. kolgames

kolgames Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just because someone does marijuana, that doesn't mean they are "non productive"

look at people who drink, or smoke cigarettes. Doctors, lawyers, construction workers, teacher, etc, many of them go home and have a drink at night. How is this different then going home and smoking a bowl?

13. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Legalize to reduce tremendously the number of junkies.
    Refer to the Holland study about that few years back...

Codythebest, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  14. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Should be legal, keeping it illegal is stupid.

Toopac, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  15. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unproductive? Prohibition cost your state government more than $60 million (in yr 2000 dollars) and forfeited almost $15 million (in 2003 dollars) by not taxing it.

That's just state government; all levels of government forfeit at least 17 billion annually (adjusted for inflation).

http://prohibitioncosts.org/mironreport.html

Even though this has no basis whatsoever, what would it matter if it did increase usage? Are you one of those conservatives who relies on the government to parent your children?

It is different because Christians get upset that it changes your brain chemistry (for whatever reason). Which is why they take Zoloft for depression.

ncz_nate, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  16. Jeccles

Jeccles Peon

Best Answers:
    It certainly is no worse than alcohol - and should be regulated just like that is. Unfortunately, it will probably NOT ever be legal in the US because of the drug cartels that would lose money. Most cops don't even bother with small amounts they find on people.

Jeccles, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Here in WI it would put all the illegals out of work.

Mia, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  18. kolgames

kolgames Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am from WI as well, must say I agree, dealers are very expensive here, legalizing it would force them to get real jobs ;)

kolgames, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Here in Lake Geneva we had one of the largest (if not the largest) in our history.. Maybe one of the largest busts in the state for all I know. Over a dozen Mexican's were arrested for dealing in various parts of the city. Kinda sad when you think about it. Its a small tourist town and these shit bags thought they could just come in and take it over. Their giving legitimate HispanAmerican residents a bad name.

With pot, if the average everyday stoner wants to sit on their ass get stoned and watch Oprah and play Nintendo - I could care less. So long as they do not cost me anything and shower once and a while, whatever.

I've said it before here, I think that all they need to do is tax the shit out of Mountain Dew and Dorritos and make some money off these brain dead toakers.

Mia, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  20. kolgames

kolgames Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't heard of any really big busts here in Fond du Lac. But I know that the prices are very high. I do know that a HUGE number of people do it, especially high school students. In my city, there isn't a general group they fit into. Anyone from Scene/Emo kids to the preps to the rednecks are smoking pot.

Doing pot is fine with me if you have a job, and do it. But I am not a fan of those who do what you say, and sit around mooching off of us tax payers, blowing their welfare checks on pot.

kolgames, Dec 18, 2009 IP