1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quick Tips for Getting FREE Traffic To Your Site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cheeta.admin, Dec 16, 2009.

Method 1: FREE Instant Traffic With Social Bookmarking

Sign up to StumbleUpon.com (free) and download their toolbar for your internet browser. Install the toolbar, type in your site's web address and give it a "thumbs up" from the Stumble Upon Toolbar.

Give the "thumbs up" to each of your website sections i.e. Computers, cars, travel, finance and shopping.

You don’t have to do all the pages, just give a few pages from each section. All you do is give the pages a thumbs up from the Stumble Upon toolbar.

You should start getting traffic almost instantly and start making money straight away.

Other similar sites to try are www.digg.com and www.del.icio.us

This is called "Social Bookmarking" and it is extremely effective for getting instant traffic.

Method 2: Slow But Much More Effective Long Term

Write articles. Yep write an article for each section (computer, cars, travel etc) of your site. It should be around 350 to 1000 words long and submit it to the article directories www.ezinearticles.com and goarticles.com . When you submit your article you will need to fill in a resource or signature box at the article directory submission page. Here you put in sentence about yourself and a link to your website section. i.e. if your article is about cars you put the link e.g. http://www.yourdomain.com/cars etc.

I recommend you write and submit at least one article a day. The more you submit the more traffic you will get in the long run and more money you will make.

This method takes some time to take effect, weeks, months but once the traffic starts coming in, it doesn't stop, it's stable and keeps increasing gradually. This is the best way to establish your website in the long run and make the most money.

Start with method 1 for instant burst of traffic then go to Method 2 and do it continuously as a long term promotion strategy.

There you have it 2 extremely effective, very easy and best of all FREE ways of getting tons of traffic to your website so you start bringing in some serious cash!

By Adam Carn

cheeta.admin, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  2. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    what other ways to generate traffic, anyone had experienced ?

newlogo, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  3. elremolino

elremolino Member

Best Answers:
    Nice advice, the first "Sign up to StumbleUpon.com (free) and download their toolbar for your internet browser. Install the toolbar, type in your site's web address and give it a "thumbs up" from the Stumble Upon Toolbar." could you explain more about htis, how to give "thumbs up"?

elremolino, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  4. bfairo

bfairo Active Member

Best Answers:
    @elremolino when you install the stumbleupon toolbar there will be a little thumbs up and a thumbs down icon on it. When you land on a site you like you simply hit the thumbs up and it stumbles it for you!
    I also wanted to add that building a twitter following is another great way to get targeted visitors fast. :D

bfairo, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  5. FlatBrokeMarketer

FlatBrokeMarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    I am no seo guru but when I started my site healthyweightlossandfitness a while back, I went to that other forum (WF) and paid some guy to do the socialbookmarking, review, directory backlinks, and a few other things to kind of jump start my web page launch, and then I started writing the articles and about 3 month later I got a offer for the site and sold it, but the buyer only made the first payment and so I still have the url but no site.
    thats my 0.02 worth. hope it helps

ps. the jump start worked very very well and go me traffic and income with in 2 weeks

John

FlatBrokeMarketer, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  6. cecille20

cecille20 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social networks can also helps. Like twitter and facebook. And I'm really getting a good traffic with it.

cecille20, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  7. cheeta.admin

cheeta.admin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think every single step counts to get the good traffic.

cheeta.admin, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  8. haiwin

haiwin Peon

Best Answers:
    good advice ,thanks for sharing

haiwin, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  9. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Method 2 and I try to write 2 articles per day. Works great especially for squeeze pages. I get a lot of subscribers that come from ezinearticles.com

blogaboutnothin, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  10. seogrw

seogrw Peon

Best Answers:
    i always do social Bookmarking manual submmsion to my site and alwyas my site get good Uniquevister and pagerank my websites

seogrw, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  11. peteract

peteract Peon

Best Answers:
    Over in the other forum there is a very lengthy discussion on article marketing. The consensus among people who know is that you should write your keyword rich article and publish it on your site first, then give a cersion with keywords replaced to EZA.
    The reasoning seems quite sound to me - why give your best stuff to EZA?

peteract, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  12. techno primer

techno primer Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting your site listed in directories is another way to get free traffic another good practice is to post comments on sites that are relevant to your niche. In this way you will not only get free traffic but a back link too.

techno primer, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  13. jaiganesh156

jaiganesh156 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing new as webmasters are already aware of these methods LOL...

jaiganesh156, Dec 19, 2009 IP
  14. zika

zika Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a number of better tips to build traffic.

zika, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  15. dukeofism

dukeofism Peon

Best Answers:
    THis is some good information, but it has been around for quite a while. What people at DP need right now is a new way to promote their website besides articles, youtube videos, ppc, etc. It seems like the same methods and tips keep getting posted over and over.

dukeofism, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  16. cosminx2003

cosminx2003 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make a keyword research for your website and choose the keywords with less competition (like long keywords) and then optimize your website with those keywords. You should rank on the first page pretty fast if you have some basic seo knowledge.

cosminx2003, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  17. JamesKPowers

JamesKPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    A great way is getting people to click through your sig link in forums, Pay-per-click, running an affiliate program, writing articles, offline marketing and running a viral marketing campaign

JamesKPowers, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  18. Neon

Neon Peon

Best Answers:
    These are two of the most basic SEO methods I've read about for a while, this is nothing knew and you won't be getting a decent amount of traffic from Digg.com unless you get to the first page quite quickly, then you'll be having constant hits for a good few hours. :)

Neon, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  19. evolveforever

evolveforever Peon

Best Answers:
    i like the long term ways to get the traffic

evolveforever, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  20. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    wow, the titel sounded like you were telling something extremly new or secret but bookmarking is just old and not effective as most bookmarking services will rank before your own site in big G

Sensei.Design, Dec 20, 2009 IP