1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Here. Want to know how to increase traffic to my blog

Discussion in 'Google' started by Naqash, Dec 15, 2009.

Hello everyone I am new here. I have a games blog I get about 3500pageviews per day and around 40clicks my daily earning average 2$. I advertise my blog using youtube or metacafe. Whenever new game is released I upload its trailer, gameplay videos on Youtube and Metacafe and put my blog link in description. I want to know is there any other good way to increase my blog's traffic. my blog is 1 year old but I am making only 2$ per day.

Naqash, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  2. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May I know how much traffic are you now getting from the search engines? Do you post new posting often?

KC TAN, Dec 15, 2009 IP
    Abhik likes this.
  3. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can do some social marketing.

webcosmo, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  4. herwin

herwin Peon

Best Answers:
    You can put the links of your new videos on twitter, stumble upon, delicious, digg and so on. Do you optimize your site for ppc keywords?

herwin, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  5. bryfry9000

bryfry9000 Member

Best Answers:
    Create something like a hub and spoke system with Google. By this I mean you need to have backlinks everywhere where google likes to take ppl to. Dont just advertise on video sites. Write blogs, go on forums, use social bookmarks like herwin said, use social networking sites, Classified sites, traffic exchanges etc. Do this for about a months time and see if there is any difference.

bryfry9000, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  6. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm getting extremely good traffic just by posting on topic here. The blog doesn't make me money but it links to my free tools which have adsense on them. I'm on wordpress.com so I can't run ads.

DanAbbamont, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  7. athulbnair

athulbnair Active Member

Best Answers:
    by frequent posts you can bring up your blog traffic. choose unique, but short title for your post...

athulbnair, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  8. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think all marketing methods work for other websites would work for your blog like social media, niche forum posting. :)

AirForce1, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  9. Sukijus

Sukijus Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe your adds don't pay too much per click. Try to social bookmarking and forum posting like other have said.

Sukijus, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  10. athulbnair

athulbnair Active Member

Best Answers:
    forum signature is a great way to generate traffic. but its not sure they will click on the ads. The best chance to click on ads by a visitor is if he comes to your site by google search...

athulbnair, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  11. dlrsuperman

dlrsuperman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Organic SEO is the best way but requires good high quality content. Hire a writer or learn how to write better for better content on your site. Post news and social bookmark your site as soon as you post it. Make sure your content is original.

dlrsuperman, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  12. pmt14

pmt14 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new too and had the same question. Interesting answers I didn't think about forum posting to drive traffic. I am on Twitter but that is about all of the social networking I do. Always learn something new here.

http://www.startupsandsuch.com

pmt14, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  13. TrafficStarterPro

TrafficStarterPro Peon

Best Answers:
    You definitely need to work on your traffic methods. Maybe even focus on some basics.
    One problem if you are not making any conversions, is a combination of not enough highly targeted traffic, and the wrong keyword focus.

I assume you are trying to sell games. If you want to sell games, your keywords should be the actual game names, and you should be writing very candid reviews.

Of course, you also need a consistent approach to backlink building, mircro blogging, and other social network methods for you blog beyond just frequent posts.

Hope that helps.

Wayne Sharer

TrafficStarterPro, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  14. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic is the first step. Add the link to your forum signatures, submit the link to Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Delicious... and share it with your online friends too! This is the key to social networking, not just submitting a link and letting it sit there.

Along with those techniques, try blog commenting. It'll raise your Alexa Rank and Google PR Rank, plus provide some good backlinks for Google to follow and index.

Ascendancy, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  15. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To get the ball rolling, you need to optimize your pages first for the keywords you are targeting.
    Then you need to do all the offsite seo stuffs like link building etc to get the top positions in Search Engines.

Abhik, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  16. adolouw

adolouw Guest

Best Answers:
    many people miss the point with using blog`s you can make cold hard cash and you can make 0 dollars why!the technique people use is many times nuts!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    adolouw, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  17. EasyCash

EasyCash Peon

Best Answers:
    Add as much content as you can. Outsource the content generation if you have to.

EasyCash, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  18. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try buysellads.com

wptheme, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  19. holdmoon

holdmoon Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you are not bad for your game blog,my game blog is hard to get 3500pageviews per day and around 40clicks my daily earning average 2$

holdmoon, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  20. ContentSpooling

ContentSpooling Peon

Best Answers:
    You can do social networking, social bookmarking, social media, forum posting, article submission, group posting, yahoo answers and blog comment. Some of them can add traffic to your site even if it's a little amount of traffic but it's a big help to your site.

ContentSpooling, Dec 17, 2009 IP