1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is anyone here a Google advertising profesional ?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by droper, Aug 24, 2006.

Hello,
    I would like to know some GAP and ask him/her about his/her experience being a google advertising professional.

Also I would love to see their professional state site on google.

My girlfriend finished her degree in publicity an public relationships and is interested in trying to be a GAP.

Thank you beforehand!

droper, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Micromag, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  3. droper

droper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for the information.

Right now there is no learning center in spanish :S , few months ago when I discovered GAP I foun it in spanish easily, i dont know why it doesnt show up now :-(

droper, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  4. Micromag

Best Answers:
    I just tried to access the Learning Center in Portuguese and I got a Big surprise as it is in English.

I just tried to access quiz learning Center in Brazilian Portuguese that I/ve bookmarked about 2 months ago - I was using every day these links, now they are all down:

http://www.google.com/intl/pt-BR/adwords/learningcenter/20162.html#20169 (link down!)

http://www.google.com/intl/pt-BR/adwords/learningcenter/quiz-19408.html (link down!)

My guess as that they decided to stop the maintenance in these Learning Centers in other languages and keep only th one in English - ask the AdWords support guys to confirm this!

I suffered like a hell using the Learning Center in Portuguese as there was a lot of errors on it - There is a lot of information that were not updated in years and this affected my test.

Also the certification test in Portuguese has a lot of Errors on it like answers itens identical (like right answer a- and d- identical - what do I mark?) - I would suggest to learn in English Center and consider doing the English test also.

Don't know if the Spanish test is ok - I would look for someone that did the test in Spanish and ask his experience: My experience dong the test in Portuguese was terrible! I passed 78% and I'm sure that i lost 15% due translation problems in the test.

droper likes this.
  5. droper

droper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you again

I am seaching in the web and found a lot of comments about the problem in language in the exam. I read from a man who failed the exam due to language problems as you described, duplicated options, bad translation...

So I think the best option is to take it in English
    (I will Study with her, so I probably make the exam too, as I know a little from adwords)

droper, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  6. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ohh I am close to it....hopefully I can achieve that 1000$ spend soon..I am all ready for exam :)

dshah, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  7. H20

H20 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the same error even though I took the exam in english. One of the questions had 2 identical answers. I took a screenshot of it and mailed google.. but I never got a response.

But i still passed :)

H20, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  8. droper

droper Active Member

Best Answers:
    How does exacly work the 1000$ spending
    is in 90 days period, but how is it counted, for example you star on 1st of september, and it stops the las day of december andanother period beggining in januar?

Or it is counted aolways from today to 90 days before?

Can be your own spendings promoting your services as GAP using adwords?

droper, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  9. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have asked google about the exact 90 day period (means is it first 90 days or any 90 days). Waiting for response.

Yes, your own spending also counts toward that 1000$ mark. (You should have your account as your own client in your professional account)

Thanks
    dshah

dshah, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  10. droper

droper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, that is important, as you can keep your condition while finding clients

droper, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  11. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe they look at the 90 day period leading up to when you take the test.

http://adwords.google.com/support/select/professionals/bin/answer.py?answer=12241

My page.

GuyFromChicago, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  12. Micromag

Best Answers:
    oops

Link is up again :confused:

and I found the Spanish learning center - but I think that it was down today morning :-?

http://www.google.com/intl/es/adwords/learningcenter/index.html

be careful with the information and everything that involve currencies information if you decide to use it.

and looks like quiz for chapters 4,5,6, 7 and 8 is missing :mad: contact AdWords guys there in Spain and say that this is a Shame!

13. droper

droper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure it is a shame

I will try to contact them when we have the time to prepare for the exam.

Like always thank you for all this information!

droper, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  14. kyogen

kyogen Peon

Best Answers:
    "My girlfriend finished her degree in publicity an public relationships and is interested in trying to be a GAP."

From a traditional education/advertising agency/public relations perspective, I'm not sure how "publicity" or public relations has direct "professional" relationship to Google... it's more of a traditional "media" placement/management role.

Not to say she wouldn't be good, but I doubt her educational background would have prepared her for PPC managment... ya know?

Just my .02cents... :cool:
    Charlie
    Seven87.com

kyogen, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  15. droper

droper Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is the idea, open a new market.
    Also it is possible that publicity is not the exact word to translate publicidad, sometimes called Marketing, Branding, resuming : Ads

And if adwords is not related to that, tell me what is related.

You know What a ppc is, but is possible that her education make she very good at amiming to the corect target to find customers, in TV ads, radio ads, or the new media as google.

She will have to learn a lot from this market, but the inner theory of this world can not be a lot of different than traditional marketing.

And this technology is probably better in terms of targeting and such things.

At least we hope that :) (and she's got me, I know a little of this ppc thing ;) )

droper, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  16. kevingibbons

kevingibbons Guest

Best Answers:
    kevingibbons, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  17. Grokodile

Grokodile Peon

Best Answers:
    I just signed up... looks interesting. It's so easy to forget that the knowledge we have is unknown to the majority of the public out there and that it represents a valuable skill.

Grokodile, Aug 25, 2006 IP
  18. droper

droper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you again!

I will start studying while going to work by train :)

droper, Aug 26, 2006 IP
  19. alfa

alfa Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Could anybody answer: if I sign in Google Advertising Professionals program , would I have one billing info for all acounts in MCC ? or I'll have separate billing for every acount?

Please help!

Thanks in advance

alfa, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  20. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Billing would still be set at the individual AdWords campaign level...so it could be either or. I usually have clients open their own AdWords account with their own CC then give me access via the MCC.

https://adwords.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=101

GuyFromChicago, Oct 11, 2006 IP