1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Is Really F'ing Us Now: If You Have A Website Read This!

Discussion in 'Google' started by redgsr, Dec 4, 2009.

1. majestic12

majestic12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think what most people are missing here is that the search results will be diluted, previosuly if 1000 people search for widgets then they would be shown the best site for widgets. With the new personalized search 1000 people in theory could be shown 1000 differing results, this means that any site that has before gained all that traffic could now lose that traffic... I would hope this is not the case however this and the new "real time search" google has just launched could mean just that.

Is being number 1 in Google going to become a thing of the past?

majestic12, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  2. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or, the search engine results could be enhanced. It depends on how well Google implements it.

Every person is different. They have different interests, and wishes, and when they search, they are usually searching for different things, even when they're using the same keywords. Personalized search results is an attempt to cater to that individuality.

selectsplat, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  3. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    Majestic.... surely the sites at the top of the 'un-personalised' search will still retain the majority of the traffic.

I don't see this as a 'major' issue

Steupz, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  4. majestic12

majestic12 Peon

Best Answers:

I hope you are right Steupz... I think the major worry here is the fact that it seems Google may enforce this on every user. I can tell you that when I saw the real time results popping up every few seconds it was awful, hopefully over the coming weeks we will see how this will pan out and the panic and speculation will die down...

majestic12, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  5. selectsplat

Best Answers:
    They already do provide personalized results if you have a gmail account, or have saved google bookmarks. It's been there for a few weeks now.

selectsplat, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  6. newton21

newton21 Peon

Best Answers:
    ya but thts only when u are signed in with google.if ur not then it does not affect ur search.

newton21, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  7. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's still too early to feel the impact, this personalized search service and the new Google Caffeine will definitely create a mess for us.

scheng1, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  8. selectsplat

Best Answers:
    That's true, but if you use a Gmail account, and you have selected 'keep my logged in', then you are always logged in.

selectsplat, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  9. selectsplat

Best Answers:
    If you use a Gmail account, and you have selected 'keep my logged in', then you are always logged in.

Also, if you have google toolbar looked in, it will also personilize your search.

Anything that you use from Google, they will use that information to personalize your search.

selectsplat, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  10. kampbell411

kampbell411 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats weird is that Google doesn't have sponsored ads yet on their latest search results area. If twitter and facebook werent in this latest news stream, it would be better. Im sure people are going to jump all over this and push spam, spam, and more spam. Every online marketer will be all over it making it garbage.

kampbell411, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  11. Nikita Smith

Nikita Smith Member

Best Answers:
    My 2 sites are completely trashed.

It's no use complaining, enough webmasters are probably happy with it. Just sayin, I wish we had more competition. It's gonna be a skinny christmas, and though it's useless saying, I'll say it anyway: did nothing different, absolutely clean site, changed nothing....

Nikita Smith, Dec 13, 2009 IP