1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directories that send comfirmation emails??

Discussion in 'Directories' started by phyza, Dec 10, 2009.

Hello everyone,
    I urgently need a list of directories that has good PR (Atleast PR 2+) and send comfirmation emails because few of them don't do it and i need it badly so please if any of you guys got a good list, it will be appreciated.
    I need 500+ directories but even if you got a small list, it's still appreciated as i can gather few small lists and make a big one.
    Directories must send comfirmation emails
    Thanks for your help and reading my post
    PHYza

P.S. I can't find any thread related to this so if any of you got a related thread, just post it too.

phyza, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  2. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A large number of directories no longer send submission confirmation notices due to the submission services spamming them and using the confirmation email as "proof" of submission even when submitting an unrelated site to a niche directory.

I've started blocking the IPs of repeat offenders.

Pretty pathetic that submission services to do this to their clients.

CReed, Dec 10, 2009 IP
    phyza likes this.
  3. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you and i myself prefer submitting sites to relevant category or niche directory except for trying irrelevant categories/niche directories because it's useless and no good for both submitter and directory owners.
    The reason why i need the list is one of my client need 100% comfirmation emails when i am submitting his website and i know that 50% of them do send so i need to do double work to get 100% comfirmation emails :(
    Well i think so i should start working on this list myself when working for this client by noting down the directories that send comfirmation emails :D
    Btw thanks a lot for replying
    PHYza

phyza, Dec 10, 2009 IP
    CReed likes this.
  4. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Might be the best option. You might find yourself doing that anyway with the quality of any list found on this forum. They usually amount to nothing more than outdated and useless copy and pasted crap.

Good luck

CReed, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  5. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure how that will help. Many confirmations come weeks to months down the road after a real person finally gets around to looking at your submission.

Quantity is a recipe for failure. Stick to Directories that actually get used then move on. And there are very few of them in any given niche.

internetmarketingiq, Dec 10, 2009 IP
    phyza likes this.
  6. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Most submission services use the submission confirmation as verification. This email is sent immediately after submission. We're not talking about the acceptance cnfirmation, which could never come.

CReed, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  7. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    I am sure you are talking about Free Directories. A lot of Paid directories do send 'approval' notifications. I run a Free Directory, why should I waste my resources on sending 'submission received confirmation' emails?

humm, Dec 10, 2009 IP
    phyza likes this.
  8. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well that's right but even if i follow a list given by anyone then still i will not completely rely on the list and will keep track of everything i do :)
    I am not talking about comfirmation emails to be listed in directory but i am talking about verification code sent to comfirm your submission and that usually comes within minutes.
    Yes i am talking about free directories... Well these emails are usually sent because they want to comfirm your email as anyone can use it for spamming purpose

phyza, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  9. srinivas26

srinivas26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I am having the list of directories (more than 5000 with pr=>2) which will send you confirmation mails.

Regards,
    Srinivas.

srinivas26, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  10. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And where is it? :)

phyza, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  11. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suspect there are very few directories that send out confirmation letters which require a response. I suspect even fewer folks check the emails for the accounts they use for submission. I doubt that I check mine more than 3 or 4 times a year.

Perhaps you could use screen shots of when the directories show what you submitted and ask you to confirm it is correct? Sure you could Photoshop something like that but if your client has that great of mistrust for you, you might need to fire your client.

YMC, Dec 11, 2009 IP