1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promoting an ebook

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by omarabid, Dec 10, 2009.

Hi,
    I have an Adsene tactic that can make $400-$600 / month, the special about this tactic is:
    1. NO INITIAL INVESTEMENT = you need exactly $0 to do it
    2. Works in the next few days (you'll make money from the second, third day)
    3. Won't get you banned from Adsense 100% (it's a little grayhat, but had nothing wrong with Adsense)
    4. Very easy, takes around 20 minutes work per day

So I'm using this tactic for a while, the problem is that if it's used by more than 10 person, it'll get saturated and won't work.
    I thought of making an ebook about this tactic, will it really works and sells? how much shall I charge per ebook? Please give me advice on how to make it successful
    Thanks!

omarabid, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  2. bukalah123

bukalah123 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think its around $20
    mind if i get review of it??

bukalah123, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  3. anllyy

anllyy Peon

Best Answers:
    How about $15 each?

anllyy, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  4. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So let's do the math: $20 x 10 = $200
    I make $500++ from this trick :: Each Month ::, why sell it to 10 person for $200???

5. nashhull

nashhull Peon

Best Answers:
    blackhat? if this blackhat we can easily get ban from google AdSense

nashhull, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  6. omarabid

Best Answers:
    No, it's not blackhat and won't get you banned

7. dukeofism

dukeofism Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are really making that much from adsense, why not just keep making sites instead of selling the method and risk losing your income?

dukeofism, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  8. omarabid

Best Answers:
    Yap, but I thought if I can make $1,000 or $2,000 it will be really nice sharing :cool:

9. JKhoury

JKhoury Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's going to be a little hard getting that much if you're only planning on selling about 10 copies. The Ebook market is extremely saturated.

JKhoury, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  10. bryanon

bryanon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are several problems with selling methods that get saturated easily. I'm in the publishing business myself so I'm talking based on loads of trial & error and experimenting.

First of all, if you need to limit the number of copies you will sell then obviously you will want to make the price high enough so that the income would justify time time spent on writing/promoting the report - my absolute minimum with such methods is 25 copies / $47 a piece - if it's something that I can't sell 25 copies of or can't price it at $47 or more then I simply won't bother - the above scenario brings in $1,175 less paypal fees less possible chargebacks, which is an OK revenue in case I don't have to spend more than 10 hours altogether on writing the report and promoting it, and if the method getting saturated doesn't pose any risks to my personal income (i.e. for one reason or another I don't use the method myself). If any of those criteria isn't there then the project is off - as simple as that.

Another thing you will have to consider is your ebook leaking out to download sites. I have sold reports that were:
    * extremely good, i.e. no sane person would just go ahead and share it, instead of profiting from it;
    * extremely limited, i.e. only 15-25 copies sold, lowering the chances of a pirarteer buying it

... and yet I have found those very reports posted on popular download sites days after their release. And no, it's not because I'm using an unsecure download gateway and someone was able to steal them - my download gateway is extremely safe and I'm 120% sure that only people who had paid for the material had gotten it.

So all in all - in your case it's probably financially feasible to NOT share it for a few measly dollars and risk with a lot. Instead, use it yourself, rinse & repeat, and perhaps hire some freelancers to do it for you so that you can scale it up.

bryanon, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  11. Hosting24

Hosting24 Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you are really good marketer, you could easily influence people to pay $500 for this ebook (so it pays itself after a month)

Hosting24, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  12. extramask

extramask Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is the kind of thing you should keep to yourself for a while. When you sell an ebook, you don't want to worry about restricting your sales, and obviously this would destroy your method. If it's a sure-fire way to make money, I think you should focus on evolving your technique and possibly work on applying it to other programs. Make it something that's more palatable to a larger customer base. Then write the book, and fill a swimming pool with money.

extramask, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  13. omarabid

Best Answers:
    @bryanon

Yes, that's what I decided to do. In fact, no buyer is going to pay me $1,000, even $500 for this method that will make him $400 (at least) from adsense for at least the next 3 or 4 years (as long as blogger.com still exist).

The next step for me was to hire a coder to create a script that will do the work automatically and then I spend only 1 minute per day monitoring my ads (I don't even have to type the content)

@Hosting24

I'm sure it's not possible.
    1. People don't trust, and $500 is not little money
    2. Adsense Money needs time (2 months at least) so buyers are afraid that I disappear and they lose their money in this period.

omarabid, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  14. Augra

Augra Member

Best Answers:
    If it's only going to sell 10 copies and it's a short-lived tactic, don't sell it. Don't even give it away. That could ruin your credibility in the future.

Instead, keep experimenting with gaining traffic to your website to up your in come.

In fact, this link is from the warrior forum from a lady named Kim Roach. You might want to check out her post. She's done a lot of experimenting with traffic.

http://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...forum/123388-21-untapped-traffic-sources.html

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    Augra, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  15. evilpuppy

evilpuppy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    probably something about using PLR articles on blogger. add low competition keywords and some social bookmarkings and gogo 1st on google in 2 days!

to the original poster...

multiply what you're doing by 50 or 100. get freelancers to help!

it's like that thread 'my 300 made-for-adsense sites journal' :D

evilpuppy, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  16. omarabid

Best Answers:
    no, not like that... it's a real tactic and even work in 15 minutes if you know the right steps

omarabid, Dec 18, 2009 IP
  17. JamesKPowers

JamesKPowers Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not true, people still pay up to $97 for good ebooks. I doubt you could get $300+ for your ebook, as it has a low "commodity" value. If you're going to sell information for that much you want to convert it to a physical homestudy course or seminar.

The key is a great salesletter :)

JamesKPowers, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  18. omarabid

Best Answers:
    @JamesKPowers

Good said, however I don't think it's going to be profitable since the method will get saturated quickly :(

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
    omarabid, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  19. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    You should really turn this into a seminar. If not, then you are better off just keeping this "secret" to yourself.

blogaboutnothin, Dec 20, 2009 IP
  20. omarabid

Best Answers:
    @blogaboutnothin
    seminar? do you joke? and where to make it?

omarabid, Dec 20, 2009 IP