1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your Google AdWords account has been disabled!!

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by topaffiliate, Dec 3, 2009.

1. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    yes and no. Just as Lucid said, getting rid of the affiliate links on your landing page is a big step forward, but I have seen LOADS of sites also get hit for having a sign-up / opt-in form on the landing page too. Google mention something about it in the link below, the first bullet point - but it's worth mentioning that although they say sign up forms for free stuff, it's often the case that they extend it to sign-up forms in general

https://adwords.google.co.uk/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en-uk&answer=66238

JHardy_WV, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  2. topaffiliate

topaffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of bans are due to the new FTC guidelines for affiliates, bloggers etc

topaffiliate, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  3. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a very good point - hadn't thought about that, but the timing definitely matches up

JHardy_WV, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  4. ronniece

ronniece Peon

Best Answers:
    I would yes, it because of the stuff you were selling from clickbank which are mostly hyped products. Google do not want to tricks the people who search using their search engine. I've been hearing people banned because of this.

Its a lesson for us all.

ronniece, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  5. topaffiliate

topaffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    A question to anyone in the know.

If you are banned from Adwords, does this ALSO affect your SEO work/placements (backlinks etc) that you did for any websites?

Many thanks.

Abi

topaffiliate, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  6. JHardy_WV

JHardy_WV Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, your natural results should be unaffected. However, if Google are doing this for user experience then I would think in the next year or so they'll be looking at affiliate businesses on the natural listings too

JHardy_WV, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  7. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lucid Web Marketing, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  8. topaffiliate

topaffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    I also agree that eventually this will in some form or another, spill over to the natural search (perhaps).

However, If AFFILIATES are the problem to poor user experience- Adwords or natural search- then where do you think this leaves Google's very own Affiliate Network????

Abi

topaffiliate, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  9. rocky_balbo

rocky_balbo Peon

Best Answers:
    1st time i heard about adword acc getting banned :confused:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    rocky_balbo, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  10. rayjay777

rayjay777 Peon

Best Answers:
    I got it too. I have no idea why. I wasn't even running any ads. My account has been on pause for at least a month. How do I find out what the hell they are doing?

RayJay

rayjay777, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  11. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having paused groups or campaigns is irrelevant. You can always restart them. They still are subject to Google's rules. That's why when you know a group is not compliant, delete it instead of just pausing it.

Lucid Web Marketing, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  12. shrkscn

shrkscn Peon

Best Answers:
    Direct linking is still allowed but if you have ever promoted any kind of offers like Acai, dental whitening etc then you are going to have your account disabled some day.

shrkscn, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  13. topaffiliate

topaffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the new FTC guidelines that my account was disabled. I had a disclosure policy on a few websites, but the ones which were live on adwords, did not have. silly me!

If you are using adwords at the moment and do not have a disc;losure policy within your site (on EVERY page- at the footer), then do it NOW!!!!

And build QUALITY sites (From big G's point of view), this means TONS of pages of USER-ORININTED VALUE.

topaffiliate, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  14. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What makes you say that?

What type of product was you promoting, what is your site URL that got you banned?

tdd1984, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  15. topaffiliate

topaffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

I was not promoting anything dodgy/spamy looking, especially all this make xxx money in xx days nonsense or weight loss.

I was doing 3 major online retailers on CJ, business finance merchant, and recently started 2 merchants from Clickbank (one was a car auction site, and the other woodworking plans). Oh yes, also a big pc/video games retailer.

No rebill offers etc. I like to concentrate on somewhat well known merchant names.

topaffiliate, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  16. topaffiliate

topaffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    For SEO, does anyone RECOMMEND setting-up a Nofollow tag or PHP Redirect for my affiliate links on the landing page?

I'm doing SEO (backlinking etc) also, but don't want any future PR for my site or search standing, to be affected with affiliate links on the page.

Thanks.

topaffiliate, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  17. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the new FTC guideline? Can anyone briefly tell me the new guideline?

blogaboutnothin, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  18. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll tell you right now the direct linking has nothing to do with you getting banned. Direct linking is actually the best method / strategy that's only if no one else is direct linking. This is just like running your own website through AdWords.

What was the e-mail that Google sent you, did they say why you was banned for?

Copy the e-mail they sent you on the forum.

tdd1984, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  19. Scripter

Scripter Peon

Best Answers:
    Quotes from http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/10/endortest.shtm:

"Under the revised Guides, advertisements that feature a consumer and convey his or her experience with a product or service as typical when that is not the case will be required to clearly disclose the results that consumers can generally expect."

"The revised Guides also add new examples to illustrate the long standing principle that “material connections” (sometimes payments or free products) between advertisers and endorsers – connections that consumers would not expect – must be disclosed."

"...a blogger who receives cash or in-kind payment to review a product is considered an endorsement. Thus, bloggers who make an endorsement must disclose the material connections they share with the seller of the product or service."

So, basically, you need to clearly tell people how much money on average, how much weight loss on average, etc. they can expect. You can't advertise with exceptional, unrealistic results any more and you must tell people if an endorser is somehow connect to you. If you have an affiliate review site, you must state that you are an affiliate and get money for a sale.

Scripter, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  20. jerdei

jerdei Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The clickbank offers most likely got you banned.

It's worth ZERO time trying to get a banned account going. It won't help. You can spin up a new account using a different e-mail, credit card, address and dedicated IP. Beyond that you won't be able to run.

jerdei, Mar 26, 2017 IP