1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my new (beautiful?) home page layout

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Alevoor, Dec 5, 2009.

I have used the term beautiful to describe my new home page layout from my perspective only. Actually I am more interested to know what you all think of it. If it's bad just call it so.

Please review my new home page layout http://www.healthgenie.org/index-trial.php

I am looking to hear from you what you think of the aesthetics, the copy, whether it entices people to take action etc.

I am doing this desperately after failing to cash in on the decent traffic my existing home page receives. If you could suggest what I need to be doing to stop the cart/invoice abandonment, nothing like it.

All suggestions are welcome.

Alevoor, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  2. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, not everyone needs to answer all my questions. I know we are all strong in one or two areas and weak in others but what I asked to know about is more than we can really chew.

Let me see small/specific opinions - no problem...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
    Alevoor, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  3. brandonvd

brandonvd Peon

Best Answers:
    It's ok.

A couple of things I guess.

First loose the gray background. I don't have anything better to replace it with, but on my screen it is way to much gray.

Also the images could really use to be more clear. They are kind of blury and so they make the site look unprofessional.

Also with my screen the font is way to small and hard to read. Maybe instead of using px use em?

Brandon

brandonvd, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  4. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will have work on the images; I have taken care of the other two things you pointed out. I noticed a small difference in the font size when you switchover between IE and Mozilla. Are you using IE, btw?

Alevoor, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  5. spartax

spartax Active Member

Best Answers:
    the black color in topbar2.gif in your header, maybe different/bright color will be better rather than black to blend with the entire site as well.

im agree with brandonvd for background color, the grey makes your site looks like an ordinary simple blog template.
    thats just my though,
    good luck mate:)...

spartax, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  6. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    @spartax,

I have reduced the background contrast. And as regards to the topbar2.gif color, let me experiment with it. But do you think that the page layout is enticing enough for people to act as I want them to?

Alevoor, Dec 6, 2009 IP
  7. brandonvd

brandonvd Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using FF 3.5.3 with a 23 inch monitor at 1920 x 1080.

As for the overall layout, it's ok. It's not really my thing, but neither is the product so it's kind of hard to say. I definitely think it is a great starting point though.

Brandon

brandonvd, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  8. shawnmcterry

shawnmcterry Peon

Best Answers:
    you should use some good fonts for main header.:)

Please also do check mine and comments on my thread.

www.WALL.co.nr

shawnmcterry, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  9. t.kearo

t.kearo Peon

Best Answers:
    Grey is a no go for backgrounds...except if it's a really dark grey.

t.kearo, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  10. sonymoney

sonymoney Guest

Best Answers:
    well, you color scheme is not attractive. Change the background color and reduce your header.

sonymoney, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  11. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Important: http://healthgenie.org/index-trial.php is now here http://healthgenie.org/. So please check there as there is only a 404 page at its original place.

@brandonvd
    Thank you. you must have noticed the improvement in the quality of at least one image now. Probably, only you can tell this now. :p btw, nice to hear that you felt it looks nice at 1920 x 1080

@shawnmcterry
    Thanks. Do you think a stylized font or some cursive style would be better?
    Btw, your site looks good but don't you think there is a lot of empty space at the top? Don't mind, if I were so good at judging layouts and designs, probably we wouldn't be talking on this forum.

@.kearo
    Hi, in fact, I reduced the background contrast from dark gray to gray only now because someone above suggested it. However, I am still experimenting and go with the majority opinion. Thanks anyway.

@sonymoney
    Hi, you are right. If it were one great color scheme, I wouldn't be asking here. But reduce the header? You mean cut the length or font size? shawnmcterry meant I change the font. So, I see there is a point. Thanks but I welcome more suggestions.

It would be really helpful to see some comments on the saleability factor. That is, how far the site would be able to push the visitors to buy considering that I make changes?

Alevoor, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  12. shiwangipeswani

shiwangipeswani Peon

Best Answers:
    The page is not found, i do not why??

shiwangipeswani, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  13. sharkboy7

sharkboy7 Peon

Best Answers:
    page not found, but by looking at your other pages, they look like scrapped content and you can view html on them. if i'm a visitor and read a sentence of those posts, i'm leaving. no valuable content.

sharkboy7, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  14. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alevoor, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  15. greenstefan

greenstefan Peon

Best Answers:
    Main page works but some of their components shows "Error 404 - Not Found".

greenstefan, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  16. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    OMG! Good you pointed it out.

Alevoor, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  17. 2bnmasr

2bnmasr Guest

Best Answers:
    page not found

2bnmasr, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  18. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alevoor, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  19. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Being an inquisitive guy that I am, I wonder whether being simple means hard to do business? No offense, but I didn't get exactly what you are saying. Simple layout is what everyone advocates and rightly so as it helps easy navigation. As such, my site receives a decent traffic and the point I am trying to make is most of the visitors go to page B which is my second preference when I want them to go to Page A. Although I haven't practically tried switching their locations, it is naive to expect it to workup a magic.

One thing I could guess is my site is not as much (off site) optimized for the product sale as it is for Page B. Maybe a tighter copy or an exit pop might probably help. So, exactly what I am trying to learn from you is how to convert the present visitors onpage into customers.

Alevoor, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  20. Clockstoper

Clockstoper Peon

Best Answers:
    01. The way touch the header image is not good. its not nice and smoothly done.

02. You have put input areas for name & email. but those fields go beyond the particular margin.

03. And Images of the Sponsor boxes are also went beyond the particular box.

Clockstoper, Dec 8, 2009 IP