1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GAF Writers is a Joke.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by wounded1987, Nov 23, 2009.

1. edp78

edp78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try this, http://www.99centarticles.com/warriorpackage.html

I have been and still using their service for quite a while.

All of them passed ezine rules and uniquely created.

edp78, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  2. the writer

the writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The issue with both sites is that you have to pay to get to even see if they have something good. Elance also seems to double dip, whereas Guru locks you into one profile for free, but still limits what you get to see. I found both of them irritating.

the writer, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  3. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then play around free BS freelance sites. Sure quality ones are paid and thanks not cheap. People who are not serious about it shouldn't be there. So as you see it's ok that you find them irritating:D That means more money for me:cool:

DPParadise, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  4. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmmm.

I didn't find too big of a difference between GAF and Elance in terms of pricing.

Both allow for quite a range, and there are people looking for extremely cheap writers on both sites.

I recently found GAF through a product that recommended the service (NOT the one mentioned above!) and I have found a few excellent outsource workers for writing and other work I needed. In fact, I continue working with them (and I'll give them raises too if they continue to provide me with quality work within deadline).

The key? Communicate with them by Private Messaging.

As far as finding work for higher pay (and more sophisticated projects) --

Bev Clement is just running a WSO over at the Warrior Forum for her course on how to build a freelance business. I bought it and it has some excellent information, so if that interests you, you might want to check it out.

Just search for her and then look under her name for "threads" and you'll find it.

SEOwriterplus, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  5. writesalot

writesalot Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a good, original writer but being a newbie on all the sites, I don't even get considered. I used to get my jobs from classified sites (lucky I haven't been scammed so far) so I am new to the popular freelance sites. I suppose I would get more work if I lowered my rates and was happy to write on all topics but there are a few, like finance, that I have no knowledge about and won't touch. Oh well, I will keep bidding and hope.

Cheers,
    Rowan

writesalot, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  6. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Overall, yes, but chances to find client who will pay more are waaayyy bigger on elance than on gaf. Just the fact that Elance have 40%+ CODERS from US says it all. And really from US, not cheap shit 1-800 number in india.

You talk from buyer view, that's why you like GAF:)

Plus GAF have 1mil coders, while Elance have only 100k, waay much easier to win project when you compete with 5 bids, not with 50. Also take a look, elance 2 times older and generate $230mil while gaf only $40mil.

Elance > GAF from any coders point of view. But you need some brains to realise it:) Not all coders have it, that's why they sitting on GAF competing with 50 other bids for $30 project which not even guarantee will be via GAF escrow, LMAO.

DPParadise, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  7. MarkUSA

MarkUSA Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that $1 per 500 words is pathetic, but I was wondering if it's feasible to take those articles and correct them using proper English? So basically I buy 10 articles for $10, then spend an hour or so correcting the mistakes. Is it worth it?

MarkUSA, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  8. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No. You would get more work by learning how to better convey value to prospective clients at your current rates. Value does not simply mean the lowest price. As a writer, it's your job to convey the specific value you offer -- the benefits you offer over the competition. If you don't have a value proposition, you should turn your attention to that before trying to grow a freelance career. You won't get very far without it.

jhmattern, Dec 5, 2009 IP
  9. deannatroupe

deannatroupe Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that last post, you have definitely given me something to consider. I sometimes do take freelance work while I am in between coaching clients, but I am picky about who I work with. I've tried GAF but I have never gotten selected for an assignment. The way I got my writing clients was through twitter and forums. I guess I'll just keep trying. Thanks for posting such useful information!

deannatroupe, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  10. the writer

Best Answers:
    I tend not to pay for anything I don't trust, and I don't trust that site. It's like people who pay someone so they can take surveys that are supposed to pay them a lot of money, or people who pay job sites that promise they'll have lots of unique jobs for them to apply for. I tend to be skeptical; it's saved me a lot of time and trouble over my life.

the writer, Dec 7, 2009 IP
  11. NightWriter

NightWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    Good writers at $1 per 100 words... Are you people serious?

That's one cent per word. I don't think you're going to find a competent native English speaker to work at such starvation rates.

If you're that cheap, I suggest you check into PLR.

NightWriter, Dec 8, 2009 IP
  12. dogarsahab

dogarsahab Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to add that I have seen writers who charge $5-7/articles and then providing the ultimate crap.

When you are getting bilk works, I do not think that these rates are feasible in any case. Moreover, a very good article to be written perfectly requires at least 2-4 hours and do you really think that any one being paid $7-8 per article would go on to that extent!! 90% NO.

dogarsahab, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  13. the writer

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't want to say that good articles need 2-4 hours, especially for 500 words or less. If it's a new topic and research is needed, maybe an hour for that at best, and hopefully the writing will come naturally.

I've decided that, except for existing clients, I write nothing less than what I expect as a living wage. It depends on the topic, of course, but if I'm not going to make what I need to live on, and I don't mean barely live on but truly live on, them I can't accept it.

the writer, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  14. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, this is where it is at..

Seriously I pay $1000. mo rent just to live in a small place writing articles for $5. of doing logos for $10. Would never pay for a life where I live. Never..
    But people in other parts of the world can live in a bigger place then I do for that type of money.

And that's the draw back of the global outsourcing market.

averyz, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  15. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There is no drawback. There is no single "global outsourcing market." There are hundreds, if not thousands, of individual niche markets, and writers who can live on $5 articles simply don't compete in the same markets as those who make much more. That's why higher-tier writers pay-wise don't have to worry about those groups at all. The writers who can compete at those levels from other countries don't write for $5 per article. They write for 10, 20, or even 100 times that much just like their US, UK, etc. counterparts and they can essentially live like kings if they want to at home. There are a lot of higher paying markets where clients would never even think about touching a $5 article writer. You can never have a single global market for something language-based. Writing isn't manufacturing standardized widgets. There's a huge difference.

jhmattern, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  16. dugu

dugu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am paying a decent writer with $8 for 1000 words. I believe its a good deal.

dugu, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  17. bluffspot

bluffspot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi All - I write and use coder services on rentacoder.com - the best part about the service is the escrow system. This affords you the time to check the work via copyscape and talk back and forth with the coder should there be any needed changes. Most re-written plr articles would cost $1 - $3. Fresh new work with KW fill run about $10 to $15 for 500+ words. Best of luck.

bluffspot, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  18. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I'm the OP, and I have found a great few writers on GAF at 1 cent per word eventually.

What I do is..
    1. Filter only US based writers and UK ones.
    2. Check for quality of the Indian and Pakistanian writers who charge 1 cent at their country - They usually outsource work a lot from India, pakistn and and other countries, I check for their samples, sometimes they are not as good as you want them to be.
    3. Communicate. Communicate. and more.. Communicate to see who breaks first, and starts to type in lame English words. That all means his approach to the work.

So from 17 writers I picked about 2 for now.

I also ask for free sample, Some usually say ok but then disappear so I ignore them and move on. I'm going to create several such listings and find some more good ones.

To check their authantity of being in US I search for their facebook account :) for my writer I found a FB account and he has american friends, it says it all.

To check how much time some one wrote an article I ask them to 'zip' it and send, when you open the file you have last time modified, so you can see how much time it takes from one modification to the other, usually the average is 30 min.
    it's good for an american writer, and I have no problem if he even re-writes the article as he does it very well.

If I see 5 min difference or so, I double check the article, no problems so far.

Copy scape can be lame, in addition to that I run random checks on each article on google by copying key phrases and searching for them.

In GAF you can get a lot of bids, so thats good.

There's big diffrence with american and non american writers, I suggest anyone to deal with american only writers. If they are really american they wont out source work usually. Indians usually do because it's hard to write. There are more writers on US then over seas, so it will be better to find quality there.

I avoid dealing with writing companies with high rating, they suck big time. several if not most of them get 75% of the job on GAF but they usually outsource work and filter writers, well all that you can do by yourself, outsource work, filter and find good writers, and keeping the middle man outside - more payment to your writer.

wounded1987, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  19. beerdude

beerdude Peon

Best Answers:
    As a newbie to different sites, I have realized that because of that status. I will get lost in the shuffle unless I stand out. I have tried GAF with my credentials. I will bid on a job, have a potential client tell me that he can get the same thing for even cheaper than what I am offering. I know for myself, I am not one to allow myself to be settling. So I often times will move on.

I have written to GAF a few times and suggested that they add different things such as being able to click on where you want to hire your potential writer to having a sub category of what the pricing will be so that people don't have to weed through it endlessly.

I like to think of finding that one gig or content writer is like a romance, you have to endlessly put yourself out there and then one day, it just happens. Don't believe that whole adage that if you stop looking, they'll pop up because in that case you are losing on some serious dollar bills.

beerdude, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  20. joycescape

joycescape Active Member

Best Answers:
    In fairness to GAF, I found most of the writers in my team in GAF 2 years ago and they are good writers. They don't outsource.

joycescape, Dec 19, 2009 IP